• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

psp 3000 hen stolen kernel exploit

Slasher

Suck It
THIS is what's going on

Dark_AleX said:
What's bad? I didn't give him the exploit so that he could show off and say "Look, i'm first, I want the fame" with the exploit of other person (joek), I gave him just so that he could experiment with his psp 3000.
He told me he wouldn't say anyone, and look at the result.

Miriam seems to be at the very least, dishonest.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Miriam seems to be at the very least, dishonest.

Thank god someone here is using their grey matter.
and the exploit that WAS going to release wasnt going to be the one given to joek ... it was another found by (im unable to say the name at this time).

The release exploit wasnt even close to the one DAX is speaking of.
And with all that said, im off to bed.

Davee

lolhax
Oh I know that - I was just saying that IF it got released for whatever reason, it would be patched by Sony and we'll lose the only currently known kernel exploit.

I'm glad he isn't releasing this because he knows that this kernel exploit is valuable, but it seems as though he is trying to grab fame by showing off what he did w/ C&D's work.

I can see where Alex is coming from, but I think Alek's article in general is kind of negative in the sense that it's putting down Miriam which I don't necessarily agree with.

Exactly. I don't think GEN Team isn't that stupid to give a valueable kernel exploit to Sony.

They do know (or they should do). Hmm, perhaps, but there is no proof that it was stolen from C & D. Kernel exploits can be hidden and isolated or stick out like a sore thumb. Miriam or another member of GEN Team might have actually found it, who knows, we never will.

Alex should of dealt with it quietly. Now there is a massive attention at this exploit, and I bet Sony is looking for it. Fair enough, a big video wouldn't of helped the situation, but if Alex acted quietly and talked to the GEN Team, i'm sure they would on respected his choice and took the video down.

Alek, is a fool. He almost broke M33 apart and he will do anything to stick close to Alex.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
This worse than a soap opera...

As far as I can see no harm was really done in the grand scheme of things.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Exactly. I don't think GEN Team isn't that stupid to give a valueable kernel exploit to Sony.

They do know (or they should do). Hmm, perhaps, but there is no proof that it was stolen from C & D. Kernel exploits can be hidden and isolated or stick out like a sore thumb. Miriam or another member of GEN Team might have actually found it, who knows, we never will.

Alex should of dealt with it quietly. Now there is a massive attention at this exploit, and I bet Sony is looking for it. Fair enough, a big video wouldn't of helped the situation, but if Alex acted quietly and talked to the GEN Team, i'm sure they would on respected his choice and took the video down.

Alek, is a fool. He almost broke M33 apart and he will do anything to stick close to Alex.

If anything that does make alot of since.
i just wish i could have both and see if i could find a difference in them and how they work.

Hardrive

Contributor
Sorry for being ignorant, but who is this Alek character? He seems to have appeared from nowhere. I mean, I've seen him posting around on their forums and blogs off and on, but does he actually dev? Or does he just say random stuff?

Slasher

Suck It
Sorry for being ignorant, but who is this Alek character? He seems to have appeared from nowhere. I mean, I've seen him posting around on their forums and blogs off and on, but does he actually dev? Or does he just say random stuff?

I think he's the webmaster of dark-alex.com and the news poster of his own psp hacking blog (supported by known devs) as far as I know. He seems to be almost like a spokesperson for Dark_AleX

Davee

lolhax
This worse than a soap opera...

As far as I can see no harm was really done in the grand scheme of things.

You're right. Exploit hasn't been released and it is safe (for now). I just believe Alex and Alek's attitude towards this is completely unacceptable. They are grown men, they should be able to have a private arguement with the GEN Team. Very silly move launching this into the internet.

They better get something resolved. I hope this is no green-eyed monster or something. They also better keep that exploit secure.

PS: Maybe M33 and GEN should work together on 3000 hacking. I'm a developer, I know it is difficult to work with some people, but they should at least attempt it. They'd be faster scanning the kernel prx's for exploits than a single team, and they can both integrate their ideas together.

Personally, I believe that M33 has the greater PSP knowledge. GEN has the features we want. Their custom firmwares are great, I love them both. A co-operation in HEN development could create a secure enviroment + many features. I know what I am saying isn't going to happen, I'm just speculating. Working against each other is good as well. In this case of custom firmware, M33 has the userbase, GEN the features. Working against each other pushes them to add more features, so it benefits the end user.

Alas, endless fighting like this, mocking each other on the internet. It's childish. This is coming from a 15 year old. I imagine Alek and Alex to be in their 20's and their behaviour is terrible, noted from a child which to me, is a tad ironic. If they dealt with it like responsible adults, the video would have been taken down (Assuming both parties are responsible).

Personally, I want a friendly rivalry rather than abusing each other on the internet.

My stance is unclear, although I do lean towards GEN than M33. M33 could of dealt with it much better, rather than this sense-less flaming. GEN, should of validated the use of a video.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
the only thing i dont understand though is why wont they defend it. we havent heard a thing from them yet. ill give it about 2weeks and if no replies ill asume there guilty seeing as they didnt want to reply to what was said of them.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh

Adiuvo

That's pretty pathetic if it is true. Makes Alek look like a complete idiot.

When DA was still under the guise of M33, didn't he say something rude to the GEN firmware creators? For some reason I remember that he did, though I can't find any relevant results through google.

Hellcat

Contributor
This is too bad :(

I never tried to ask DAX to tell me anything 'cause I already thought he wouldn't trust anyone with "his secrets" (if I may call it that way, but I think you guys get what I mean).
Especially looking at the part, the leaked sources and all that....

Now he DID trust someone, and *BOOM* all down the drain....

How selfish can people be?
Well, maybe I get to know how THAT k-sploit works, so maybe, one day, I will be able to dig myself for such....

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
That's pretty pathetic if it is true. Makes Alek look like a complete idiot.

When DA was still under the guise of M33, didn't he say something rude to the GEN firmware creators? For some reason I remember that he did, though I can't find any relevant results through google.

no when dax was going by the name hm33 and we thought they were russian.
thats when HelldashX was making hx-1 firmwares.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

I don't think they would have taken the video down. After all, folks from PSPGen supposedly "pressured" Miriam into making said video in the first place (according to his response). Besides, even if they did, people would quickly mirror it to YouTube and such. As soon as it went up, the damage had already been done. Granted Sony may never find this exploit, but they are certainly aware of it now and will spend more time securing the firmware.

Also, I don't believe Miriam's statement at all. Why is he giving up so quickly? Why leave the scene over this if he truly did not use C+D code without attribution? Alex did not make his claims on a mere hunch, he has evidence. Whether this evidence will go public or not, I'm not at liberty to say.

But by bringing this matter to the public light, Alex has denounced GEN and people will be less inclined to use the firmware, as well as visit PSPGen. He's probably happy to do both, not to mention since PSPGen has, in the past, been responsible for publishing information on M33 releases ahead of time even though they did not have permission to.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
I don't think they would have taken the video down. After all, folks from PSPGen supposedly "pressured" Miriam into making said video in the first place (according to his response). Besides, even if they did, people would quickly mirror it to YouTube and such. As soon as it went up, the damage had already been done. Granted Sony may never find this exploit, but they are certainly aware of it now and will spend more time securing the firmware.

Also, I don't believe Miriam's statement at all. Why is he giving up so quickly? Why leave the scene over this if he truly did not use C+D code without attribution? Alex did not make his claims on a mere hunch, he has evidence. Whether this evidence will go public or not, I'm not at liberty to say.

But by bringing this matter to the public light, Alex has denounced GEN and people will be less inclined to use the firmware, as well as visit PSPGen. He's probably happy to do both, not to mention since PSPGen has, in the past, been responsible for publishing information on M33 releases ahead of time even though they did not have permission to.

Mirian is a she not a "he". Also i have to agree Alex must had evidence before he went public or he was just jealous of the GEN team or something. I wouldn't be shocked if sony did find the exploit. Im sure there trying or they have already found it as we speak, if mirian can im sure they can.

I dont think she should of left shes a really good coder but i can understand her reasons if the allegations where all lies.

RoBz

sucker
She seems to have left in the exact same manner HellDashX left, so I doubt this will be the last of her, regardless.