• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP PSP owners

Adiuvo

Slasher said:
Why would you possibly need or even want to have 6 PSP's? Waste of money and effort
He could be using them for hardware modifications, I guess. I had four at one point, with one being my normal play games one, a hardware mod one, a official firmware one for the heck of it, and the last I used for parts. Right now I only have one working. Two I sold, with the last one mostly disassembled.

ReneX

i still have my psp but i am waiting the dsi to hit the states and get rid of the psp!!!

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I still use mine, just not as much how I use to.
I have 3 psp,with custom firmwares....

Hellcat

Contributor
I also still have both of my PSPs (a 1000 "Fat" and a 2000 "Slim") and I'm not planning on giving away any of them :)

I still enjoy the PSP, mostly for messing around with it tho, not that much gaming involved.... *lol*
From time to time there's the one or the other nice game I really do enjoy then, like just now, got "Super Stardust Portable" from the PSN store today :)

Brad

Yoshimi
Still got my original. Nice for trips up north, don't use it allot tho.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Why would you possibly need or even want to have 6 PSP's? Waste of money and effort

why would you want 23 ps3's
[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xlAyxtEMFk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xlAyxtEMFk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Im happy with my 2 ;)

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
lol, I remembered watching video when he had only 3.
I don't see no point even having that many.

Bran

Yell
To make it simple, no. But it may be in the near future. They have some sort of encryption broken, although it may not necessarily work. It's complicated

Is there any reason I should pick up a 3000 over a 2000? I don't remember it's features over the 2000. My 1001 is dying and I have 100 dollars in credit on my gamestop card.

Slasher

Suck It
Is there any reason I should pick up a 3000 over a 2000? I don't remember it's features over the 2000. My 1001 is dying and I have 100 dollars in credit on my gamestop card.

If you're into legit UMD's and no homebrew, then the psp-3000 is your choice. If you like homebrew, get the 2000 (but make sure it's an older 2000 since the newer ones can't be hacked)

The 3000 opposed to the 2000, adds a built in microphone, and a better anti-glare screen capable of outputting more colour. That's pretty much the only hardware changes

JaX3RiR

I still have my Slim PSP, which I do not use that much anymore. I just update it and try out some new homebrew from time to time. Well, right now I'm trying to play SOCOM FTB2 online again, I heard that they've got some new anticheat system so it might actually be worth playing now. I just can't install the update, I get some kind of error :S

Anyway, like I said, I don't play that much with my PSP anymore, mostly because I don't have as much time as a year ago. It's still cool to hang around PSP-related forums, help out newbs and check out the newest releases and stuff like that.

Bran

Yell
is there any way to tell if the PSP 2000 is newer or older just from looking at it? I plan on buying a used one and don't want to be screwed out of getting custom firmware on it. I love playing PSX games on the PSP.

Slasher

Suck It
is there any way to tell if the PSP 2000 is newer or older just from looking at it? I plan on buying a used one and don't want to be screwed out of getting custom firmware on it. I love playing PSX games on the PSP.

There's no way to tell except for when you try pandora on it.

Are you buying it used at bestbuy? Do they let you check it out before buying it?
You could set up a pandora battery and memorystick with your current psp and then bring it with you if you get a chance to try it out.

Piano Blacks are more than likely, particulary brand new.

Other than that, try to avoid OFW 4.05 and above. Depending on whether it was upgraded manually or not, this could cut your chances.

Just by you buying a used one though, hopefully it's old enough that it's good to go.