• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSX2PSP, Why isn't it working?

I want to convert my Primal Rage PSX game to PSP using PSX2PSP v1.4. The game works with my version 5.00 M33-6, and I have the Hot Shots Golf 2 EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN as my base. I converted it and it was a success. But when I try to load it in my PSP, it says "Corrupted Data" and won't start. I've tried this several times and no success! Is there something missing? What am I doing wrong?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I want to convert my Primal Rage PSX game to PSP using PSX2PSP v1.4. The game works with my version 5.00 M33-6, and I have the Hot Shots Golf 2 EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN as my base. I converted it and it was a success. But when I try to load it in my PSP, it says "Corrupted Data" and won't start. I've tried this several times and no success! Is there something missing? What am I doing wrong?

There is a possibility that something may be wrong with the game (corrupt ISO, for example). Have you tried re-dumping Primal Rage or trying a different game?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
There's nothing wrong with the game. I just tried it on a PSX PC emulator and it ran perfectly.

That still doesn't rule out a problem with the game, since the PSP's PS1 emulator is more picky in regards to file formats.

Well, I ripped the game in .IMG-CCD-SUB format, so I wouldn't lose the CDDA Audio.
Is that format not supported? If not, tell me which format is recommended and I can possibly convert the image.

EDIT (@jx):
What do you mean by PARAM.SFO?

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
Well, I ripped the game in .IMG-CCD-SUB format, so I wouldn't lose the CDDA Audio.
Is that format not supported? If not, tell me which format is recommended and I can possibly convert the image.

EDIT (@jx):
What do you mean by PARAM.SFO?

It is a file that the PSP reads that show the EBOOT title, parental control, etc. If that file is missing or corrupt, then your EBOOT.PBP will be "corrupted data".

@Mikey:
Yes it's in the correct folder.

@jx:
I'll use a EBOOT unpacker to see if its in there. If it's not, then what do I do?

EDIT:
Now PSX2PSP crashes every time I try to make the EBOOT.
This program is hopeless (for me at least). Any other PSX to PSP program I can use?

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
@Mikey:
Yes it's in the correct folder.

@jx:
I'll use a EBOOT unpacker to see if its in there. If it's not, then what do I do?

EDIT:
Now PSX2PSP crashes every time I try to make the EBOOT.
This program is hopeless (for me at least). Any other PSX to PSP program I can use?

1. If no SFO is there , create one using PBP Unpacker 0.94

2. Another program is ImpalerPSX.

I've almost got it.

I used PSXImpaler to create a new EBOOT and it seems like its working. Now here's the new problem: After it gets past the precaution screen, the screen stays black for a while and then the PSP shuts off. What do I do to fix this?

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
I've almost got it.

I used PSXImpaler to create a new EBOOT and it seems like its working. Now here's the new problem: After it gets past the precaution screen, the screen stays black for a while and then the PSP shuts off. What do I do to fix this?

Are you using the popsloader?

If you are on 5.00 M33-6, use Popsloader for 5.00 M33-2

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
Got it. Now where do I put it?
In the PSXImpaler folder to use with the program?
Or in the actual PSP itself?

Un-RAR the file. Find popsloader.prx and put it into ms0:/seplugins. (ms0 is the root of MemoryStick.)

Here is the Popsloader Install Guide for 3.80 M33, 3.90 M33. (It works for 5.00 m33, just don't use 3.80 M33 poploader prx, use the one for 5.00 that I gave you.)

All right, I got Popsloader installed (v5.00), but now I'm stuck at the firmware selection screen! When I pick "Original from Flash", it does the same thing it did before, and when I select an older version (like 4.01), the PSP freezes! Now what's the problem?

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
All right, I got Popsloader installed (v5.00), but now I'm stuck at the firmware selection screen! When I pick "Original from Flash", it does the same thing it did before, and when I select an older version (like 4.01), the PSP freezes! Now what's the problem?

Did you dump the PSAR of the specific version to be fully decrypted?

Yes I did.

EDIT:
I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!!!

The problem: The game was in CCD-IMG-SUB format. I don't know why the PSP didn't like it, but when I converted the image to BIN-CUE, the game worked perfectly!

Now I only have one last question:
There's no in-game music. I know the game uses CDDA audio, so do I need to make the EBOOT again using a different program? I'm willing to do it because I need to do it anyway for certain reasons...

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
Now I only have one last question:
There's no in-game music. I know the game uses CDDA audio, so do I need to make the EBOOT again using a different program? I'm willing to do it because I need to do it anyway for certain reasons...

Go here.

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
I tried that but it didn't work for some reason. Does it HAVE to be BIN-CCD? Or can it be BIN-CUE?

If you are converting from .bin/.cue, you can delete the .img and .sub and use the original .bin."

Convert your BIN-CUE to using the program supplied.
Also, be sure to back-up your data, in case something fails.