• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSX2PSP, Why isn't it working?

Converting the IMG to BIN didn't harm anything. I played the BIN-CUE in my PC emulator and it ran with CDDA audio intact.

I tried popstation again with both the CCD and the CUE along with the BIN in the same folder, and I STILL have no CDDA.

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
Converting the IMG to BIN didn't harm anything. I played the BIN-CUE in my PC emulator and it ran with CDDA audio intact.

I tried popstation again with both the CCD and the CUE along with the BIN in the same folder, and I STILL have no CDDA.

The link I gave you, did the program available there, work?

And did you try renaming the .cue to .bin, then converting with the program I gave you?

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
What exactly do you mean?

Sorry but can you clear it up a bit?

Well, remember the link i gave you; well from that link download the program and convert your files.

Go [URL='http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=43050"] here. [/URL]

All right, I see what you mean. Let me give this one more try...

EDIT:
I did it with the program you gave me and I did it the right way and IT STILL DOESN'T HAVE MUSIC!!!

Sorry for that, but I'm about ready to give up on this. Any more suggestions?

J

jx233

find your .CUE and rename its extension to .bin then convert it.

If that don't work, convert your BIN-CUE to CCD, and then use the program to get music.

And thirdly, there's always Google.

I apologize if I failed to help you with the music. :sad:

It's OK, I'm not angry at you. I'm just frustrated that I couldn't get everything I wanted.

But the good thing is that I'm not stuck with the Genesis version of the game anymore.

I'll try renaming CUE to BIN and see if that works.

EDIT:
It didn't work, so I give up.
I'll just have to play CDDA games without music.

Thank you for all your help though. I wouldn't have gotten this far without you.

january39

eXo Staff
Don't you have to extract the music for those to work? Not sure never needed to but i am sure i can remember someone discussing this problem with tomb raider.

What's strange, is that Popstation detected the CCD and wrote the TOC to the EBOOT (when I tried it for the BIN and the IMG), but I still didn't get music! Is there a glitch in the program? Possibly a new version that fixes this?

january39

eXo Staff
PSX2PSP latest version is 1.4.

Have you tried autopopstation 4?

I just tried Autopopstation4. It didn't have any CDDA options, and therefore I was left with no music.

And like I've said before, PSX2PSP won't work for me at all.

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
It's OK, I'm not angry at you. I'm just frustrated that I couldn't get everything I wanted.

Well, I just don't want to fail users in need of help.

Thank you for all your help though. I wouldn't have gotten this far without you.

I'm always ready to help out and try my best to help. :)

And besides, what if the PSN version (the Official one from PS Store) of the game you have is released soon, would rather buy that one because it will have sound?

And WarMasterXX, what about the PARAM.SFO thing, did that get fixed?

Primal Rage will never be released on the PSN. I just know it.

Now I checked the PARAM.SFO, and this is what it looks like:
pbpnz8.png

Is there anything that's supposed to be in there to include CDDA support?

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
Is there anything that's supposed to be in there to include CDDA support?

Nope, because when I took apart EBOOTs, I never saw a thing concerning CDDA audio. Not once.

Maybe Dark_Alex might release a new Popsloader in the future that supports games with CDDA audio.

well, I have to log off now, so I'll be on later. sorry.

EDIT: I'm back.

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
Ah, so that might be it.

Well then it looks like I play the waiting game...

That game is played for the TA-088 V3 and PSP-3000 too (for a hack).

I FINALLY GOT THE MUSIC TO WORK!!!!

The problem:
My firmware (5.00 M33-6) has problems with CDDA games. Once I downgraded to 3.71 M33, all my problems were solved!

I'm so happy right now that I don't know what to say...

J

jx233

WarMasterXX said:
I FINALLY GOT THE MUSIC TO WORK!!!!

The problem:
My firmware (5.00 M33-6) has problems with CDDA games. Once I downgraded to 3.71 M33, all my problems were solved!

I'm so happy right now that I don't know what to say...

Is the posploader for 3.71 M33-4?

EDIT: I'm happy that you got it to work!!! :w00t: :w00t: :biggrin:

J

jx233

And 3.71 M33-4 has multi-disc loader too. :biggrin:

I'm not sure if you picked this up, but for 3.71 M33-4, there's a bugfix for popsloader.

BTW, don't you miss version 5.00?