• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Re-enable location free on 3.40OE-A/3.51M33

naddynad

Mine is a ta-082

Ok I tested it and it didnt work.... Then a thought came to me. It may have something to do with the mobo's. What version mobos have you guys got? Look inside the UMD drive and see if there is an "IC1003" on the green part when you look inside. Tell me if you do.

PS: could someone with a ta-082 mobo or less try this out and tell me if it works

I also thought this could be a problem but figured it didnt matter since the newer firmware that sony makes works on both the boards. what i am trying to say is that you can have an old board with version 3.50 on it and a new board with the same FW and the location free works the same.

Neway mine is a ta-082, and it does not work. I can see the "IC1003" printed on the board when i open the umd drive. I hope that it can be fixed i would love to watch tv on my psp.

PS. what version is yours that u just tried it on.

Roe

If you can see the "IC1003" its a ta-086. I tested it on a ta-082 board and it worked and then I tested it on my bros ta-086 board and it didnt work so if someone else with a ta-082 mobo or under try it please.

PlayerH04

ok well... i opened the umd and i cant see anything... am i suppose to take the umd off? anyways ill keep trying to find out what motherboard is on this thing... i got this used so ill have to investigate.

Roe

attachment.php

Take a look at this pic to find what mobo you have

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i checked it again... theres nothing there... what does that mean... i checked out the picture... its not there

You don't have a TA-082/86 then.

PlayerH04

So.... that sucks... i have no idea what that means... should i get another psp or something? or is it fixable? any thoughts?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So.... that sucks... i have no idea what that means... should i get another psp or something? or is it fixable? any thoughts?

I don't think it is a problem with your PSP. It could be a problem with the files. Although I don't have a Location Free player so I am unable to test.

roe-ur-boat: Are the RCO files 3.51 RCOs?

naddynad

its got to be the files

My psp is a ta-082 i got it before the ta-086 was released and it has the writting in the picture. follow this link if you want to check what MOBO u have

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/hardware/8642-how-check-what-motherboard-you-have.html

once again i do not think the mobo version matters since it is not working on the ta-082 that i have or the earlyer version the other guy has. See if it is possible to grab these files off of someones working psp with the original sony firmware 3.40 or 3.51 they should be the same in both versions.

Is there a program that i can dl that can decrypt the sony firmware files so that i can view them.

Roe

x3sphere:Yes the 3.40 are 3.40 files and the 3.51 is 3.51 files and they both worked on my psp.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
naddynad and Player: try with these files and let me know if it is successful (on 3.51 or 3.52 M33). They are decrypted so the files will take up more flash space.

Attachments

• lftv.zip
    583.2 KB · Views: 254

Roe

It works man... The problem was that I uploaded encrypted files that would only work on my PSP. Thanks x3sphere for sorting that out for me.

Player and naddynad: sorry for any trouble I caused

PlayerH04

IT WORKS!!! OH man thanks so much to both roe-ur-boat and x3sphere. i know have remote play and location free... im so freakin excited...

Roe

your welcome man. Ill update the thread in the morning because it takes ages to upload on dialup and i dont have the time right now. Have fun with your location free player :smile:

PlayerH04

question.... does anyone here have the location free player... i was wondering how you get the remote control to work... i downloaded the lrf file and it says to put it in your memory card... i just dont know where... can anyone help?

basically i need to know how to install the remote after you download the file