• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

RE5 DirectX 10 Only!

LocutusEstBorg

I think you guys hype this DirectX10 thing way to much. Let's just see what it supports when it's out.

If you ask me then Windows 7 is going to be a must for windows users and with it being released the real DirectX10 era will be coming. That's my bet.. as Windows 7 will replace XP just perfectly fine... i think i'm gonna preorder it for 50

Bill

Safely avoided? Have you used anything other than Basic? Vista Home Premium is an amazing OS and wipes the floor with XP. It's sad how socially acceptable it's become to bash Vista because of the problems it had that lasted only a few months after it's launch.

LocutusEstBorg

Safely avoided? Have you used anything other than Basic? Vista Home Premium is an amazing OS and wipes the floor with XP. It's sad how socially acceptable it's become to bash Vista because of the problems it had that lasted only a few months after it's launch.

I have Home Premium (not on my gaming rig) and it sucks. I'm not bashing it because of the problems, I would never buy it at launch anyway. I'm bashing it because all the affordable versions are castrated beyond use. You can't even access the fucking NTFS Security tab when you right click on a file/folder. WTF!!! Thats a basic requirement of any NTFS supporting OS! You're stuck on Simple File Sharing without administrative shares and can't have separate users with different permissions on each share. You can't logon to the Administrator account and are thus forced to have ANOTHER account with administrator rights for no reason. Services can't interact with the desktop so you can't make apps (uTorrent) run automatically in the event your computer crashes and restarts without having to manually log on.

Thats only a short list of annoyances will continue to grow if I use anything short of Ultimate Edition as my primary OS.

I'll probably invest in Server 2008 and turn on DirectX if possible like with Server 2003 (Which made a rock solid gaming OS. Only problem was it took 10 minutes to shutdown the PC). The desktop Vista/7 are complete ripoffs compared to Server 2008.

Bill

I'm bashing it because all the affordable versions are castrated beyond use.

I completely agree with that. The thing that gets me is user credentials. It freaking ridiculous that only ultimate can do this. It's fucking stupid that they have more than three editions of Vista and only one can do these basic tasks. But I can't go back to XP, it just feels too rough and outdated to me.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I completely agree with that. The thing that gets me is user credentials. It freaking ridiculous that only ultimate can do this. It's fucking stupid that they have more than three editions of Vista and only one can do these basic tasks. But I can't go back to XP, it just feels too rough and outdated to me.

That must make me ancient. i use XP with the windows classic(pre-xp,2k me etc) Skin lol