• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Flash Spacer

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jx233

Good luck. :wink:

You're releasing so much stuff. You are one dedicated homebrew developer.

One day, you might make your own CFW. :smile:

Alex

Good luck. :wink:

You're releasing so much stuff. You are one dedicated homebrew developer.

One day, you might make your own CFW. :smile:

:)
my own CFW, i dont think so, hellcat was clever about it

i might upload V2.5 later on, its much more neater that V1 and V2.

J

jx233

Go ahead with V 2.5. :biggrin:

Also, your CFW could be called X.XX AE.

Alex

Go ahead with V 2.5. :biggrin:

Also, your CFW could be called X.XX AE.

okay, it will be up in 30 minutes, i like the X.XX AE :D
i take it you like flash spacer?

i got to take care of the readme

MASSIVE UPDATE:
I GOT WRITE ACCESS TO FLASH2!
im going to flash somemore files to see.
what am i copying for the psn details?

MASSIVE UPDATE 2

i have 100% write access to flash2

angelsniper45

Very nice!! Did you use cygwin on compiling the eboot? if so, i got some code i want to compile but cygwin is stupid and doesnt want to install the toolchain.

Alex

Very nice!! Did you use cygwin on compiling the eboot? if so, i got some code i want to compile but cygwin is stupid and doesnt want to install the toolchain.

err, no...
cygwin caused to many problems and when it was finally installed it didnt work. lol
i use visual basic 2008 and the pspsdk, works like charm.
what code are you trying to compile?

angelsniper45

my nand currency project, ill email it to you tommorow, so vb works fine with pspsdk? I have the full version of vb. might give that a go instead of cy.

Alex

my nand currency project, ill email it to you tommorow, so vb works fine with pspsdk? I have the full version of vb. might give that a go instead of cy.

yup, be sure to dl the pspsdk for windows and tick the box that says visual basic

thexile

Just a quick question. Suppose the features are remove with Flash Spacer, will one by able to upgrade to a new firmware successfully?

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
there should be no problem as the update will flash new files...

however if Flash Spacer starts removing files from flash1, then you might see some BSoDs, but then thats up to alex_e... :wink:

Alex

Bsod's? Blue screen of death?
@ theexile currently flash spacer only deals with flash0, if you remove anything from your flash0 you will still be able to install a new firmware...
there wont be a release for sometime as im dealing with a problem found in the v3 version....
it wont assign flash0 anymore so im trying to figure out why...

ayydany

Ghetto Stewie
Hey guys, i have a bit of a problem here, can't i restore the changes i made (by deleting the web browser, and location free player)?

i want the web browser back...

Please answer, im freaking out!!!

Alex

first off, you should be more careful on what press, you may brick your PSP one day.
to restore the files you can do one of two things.
1) the noob friendly way is to use hellcats recovery flasher and install a NEW CFW, NOT OFW.
2) manually restore the flash backup made at startup.

may i ask why you want the location free player back and everything else?

ayydany

Ghetto Stewie
Not the location free player, but the browser.

lol, thanks the hellcats recovery flasher did the trick, i already had a backup. xD

You should make an option to decide what to delete from flash.

reymundo

ey man i had same problem with 6.20 pro b6 cfw and i lost browser how do i restore web browser didnt have hell cat recovery yet what do i do sen respond to ryu_down@hotmail.co

Status
Not open for further replies.