• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Resistance Retribution

-chw42-

Like a Boss
The demo is all over the internet. I just played it and I loved it. This game has massive potential online. The targeting system is a fusion of Socom and Syphon Filter. It gives you aim-assist, but no auto aim. It's incredibly hard to target on the PSP, so Syphon Filter was really hard to play online, especially in close range combat. Meanwhile, Socom is way too easy. This game is in between those two and as I said before, has massive online potential. The game itself is very similar to Syphon Filter. To be honest, it's like they just implemented a new aiming system and plastered Resistance skins over the characters. Anyways, it's going to be great. Check out the demo.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I happened upon the Infected Mode comparison video awhile ago. I wonder how far they'll go with it through the full game.

[GT]44527[/GT]

eldiablov

Contributor
I happened to check up on this game a couple of days ago. I thought it got cancelled :p Good to see I was wrong :)

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I happened upon the Infected Mode comparison video awhile ago. I wonder how far they'll go with it through the full game.

[GT]44527[/GT]

Woah, when you're infected, you get a recovering health bar. That's cool.

Adiuvo

I've been looking forward to those, mainly for story purposes. Honestly, online doesn't make me that interested.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I've been missing good online play ever since Socom 2 got hacked to hell.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I have been wanting to buy a new PSP since my old one broke.
I guess I will buy it around the time this gets released.

TeamOverload

I always though the game was supposed to launch in February, just looked and I see it's not coming until later this month. still the demo was great, and the full game should be fun, I'll be sure to check it out.

TeamOverload

I believe the demo is only officially available by pre-ordering the game, there's a downloadable copy out there via other means however.

Seth

MD Party Room
[ignvideo]object_ID=14267012&downloadURL=http://pspmovies.ign.com/psp/video/article/960/960737/resistancepsp_vdr_030909_flvlowwide.flv[/ignvideo]

Looks like it a really good buy for psp owners.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
The Japanese version (don't worry, it's multi-4 and has English) leaked yesterday. I played some of it last night and it is incredibly similar to Syphon Filter (no surprise there).

The aim-assist is alright, but I don't like not being able to snap onto walls manually. It's a pain to snap to them sometimes because the game decides when you can or can't do it. IMO, they dumbed it down a little bit too much.

Nevertheless, the new music makes the game very suspenseful. It was a bit creepy playing it in the dark with my headphones on last night.

I'm about to play online today. Word has it that it is absolutely amazing, best on the PSP yet.

Thoughts?

Cryox

Bro.
Online on this = amazing.

posted this in another thread, (the cfw folder blocker thread)
but i might as well ask it here:

Do any of you know if this will try to delete anything from my PSP? especially the coughisocough?

thanks

Robby

Los Doyers!
Wow, this game is gonna get fucked in the ass.
I already made a couple of codes that work online. Some are actually pretty fun, but yea. I know people will release them within the weeks end.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
posted this in another thread, (the cfw folder blocker thread)
but i might as well ask it here:

Do any of you know if this will try to delete anything from my PSP? especially the coughisocough?

thanks

Nope.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM EST ----------

Wow, this game is gonna get fucked in the ass.
I already made a couple of codes that work online. Some are actually pretty fun, but yea. I know people will release them within the weeks end.

Yeah, unfortunately. I don't see why people feel the need to cheat, especially in this game. You have guns that shoot through walls, which is a cheat in Socom...