• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Rumor - Slim PS3 Pics

Sullivan

Eww, no way, that thing is beyond hideous!

Slasher

Suck It
Hideous lol?

It looks like a slim ps3. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'm sure this is only an initial hardware revision, not sporting the fancy glossy finish, etc. Even if it is by chance the final revision, well I still wouldn't complain. It's hardly "hideous". Not to mention there's not really a picture of the actual unit just bits and pieces of it.

Dan

Contributor
It doesn't particularly matter if it's hideous - which it is - seeing as it's a powerful machine anyway. Doesn't surprise me though, seeing as sony released the slim PS, PS2 and PSP.

Looks fake imo, i mean 120GB & 2 USB ports? But yeah, looks fucking ew.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The Slim PS3 is real, I don't doubt it at all (Nevada has a big mouth, he told me they were remaking it several months ago to a slimmer profile and he expects a nice price cut to come with the new models as well - over $100 he says). It's a really grainy photo, it's still got the glossy covering on the top though

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
well look at the pics. thats just a cover really, but im sure that the PS3 slim is real. just probably not that pic haha.

user friendly

Been reading about this for the past week and it seems way to elaborate to be fake. The fact that they have a box made up and the molds that it takes to get the shell makes it seem real.

There's a few things about it that are suspicious. The font is fine and believable but the placement of it seem off. It looks really cheaply made as well but it's hard to be certain from the supplied pics.

Personally, I think it's real and it's just a matter of when Sony is going to announce it and at what price.

Adiuvo

Seems real enough, though it's not exactly a nice design. If that is the actual model I hope they at the very least put some chrome edging or gloss on it. At the moment it looks like a hunk of cheap plastic.

twelve

I'm not dead
Looks fake imo, i mean 120GB & 2 USB ports?
Why does that make it look fake? The current 160GB has 2 USB ports.
Personally, I think it's real and it's just a matter of when Sony is going to announce it and at what price.
E3 most likely.

Shame really because this will probably be Sony's biggest announcement at E3, whereas Microsoft have MGS something, Crackdown 2, more GTA4 DLC and Forza 3 lined up (if the rumours are to be believed).

Wheres

Anything made from the chinese is bound to be fake. Thats what I know from "past expieriences'". A slim ps3 would suck because who knows you might need its own Big Mule Power Supply like those 360's.

twelve

I'm not dead
Wheres said:
Anything made from the chinese is bound to be fake. Thats what I know from "past expieriences'".
So is the current PS3 fake then?

Just because Sony are a Japanese company doesn't mean their factories are in Japan. It's far cheaper to outsource the manufacturing to somewhere like China so it's become common practice to do so.
Wheres said:
A slim ps3 would suck because who knows you might need its own Big Mule Power Supply like those 360's.
Having a big external power supply doesn't really make any difference. Just stick it out of sight and forget that it's there. I've got 5 power bricks under my desk that I ignore on a daily basis, one more wont hurt.

Dan

Contributor
@twelve

What i meant about the 2 USB ports was the fact that it's second generation of the PS3 and i was just expecting more features.

SilverSpring

It's almost guaranteed they'll release a slimmer model, every past Sony console had been re-released as a slimmer model.

But I wonder if they'll follow past conventions and name it the "PsThree", like they did with the PS1 then the slim "PsOne", and the PS2 then the slim "PsTwo", etc (I was secretly hoping they would've called the slim PSP the "PsPee" actually :p).

twelve

I'm not dead
@twelve

What i meant about the 2 USB ports was the fact that it's second generation of the PS3 and i was just expecting more features.
Oh ok. Well when they've made the slim consoles in the past (except PSP) they've tended to take away stuff rather than add more in.

And two USB ports should be plenty. If you need more than that you can always use a hub.

Vee

A bit too soon, isnt it?

I think this is Sony just testing it out, to see how it would all come together. I dont expect to see this untill about 2010/11, where the PS3 might need another boost.

Riorio99

Well, Engadget received a Cease and Desist order about the pictures, from a Chinese factory. My money is on this design being some Chinese knock off that plays built in NES games.

However, the concept of a PS3 Slim is clearly real, and will likely be announced at E