• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Rumor - Slim PS3 Pics

Sullivan

In all honestly i'd rather buy a fat PS3 than something like that.

Same, but I also hope that it is fake, and if its real, I hope they don't manufacture something that makes it better then the other PS3. Just like the whole PSP1000 and 2000 series madness.

Dan

Contributor
From what i can see, it looks pretty real to me, and a lot nicer than those pictures posted before.

xploren

Contributor
I doubt Sony would change the logo. It's not like Sony to do that. Also, why the hell would some random store just get a model without Sony even announcing it? Seems fishy.

Colm

I doubt Sony would change the logo. It's not like Sony to do that.

Slim Versions of Playstation brand consoles have always been slightly different in name
PlayStation - PSone
PlayStation 2 - PStwo

The PSthree might be met with a new logo as well.

twelve

I'm not dead
Blatantly a cheap knock off

"I found the PS3 slim at an underground market in the Philippines. They were selling it for roughly 250 pounds"

xploren

Contributor
Ninja Edit: I believe it was

This is the first I've heard of it. Hopefully Sony doesn't call the slim PS3 the PSthree. Just doesn't fit in this generation.

IGN: Checking Out the PStwo - just typed PSTwo in my address bar and it brought me straight to the IGN link, it was called that in the US at least (Oh, this is a Ninja Edit btw)

twelve

I'm not dead
I don't get the point in your ninja edits, it requires more clicks than using the quick reply box. :confused:

Anyway, I suspect that IGN have dubbed it the PStwo for that article and it's not official in the slightest. Check the picture on page two of that feature. You can see plain as day "PS2" on the console, not PStwo.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I don't get the point in your ninja edits, it requires more clicks than using the quick reply box. :confused:

Anyway, I suspect that IGN have dubbed it the PStwo for that article and it's not official in the slightest. Check the picture on page two of that feature. You can see plain as day "PS2" on the console, not PStwo.

It's simple: If I have something small to say or add to a discussion I edit it in if it doesn't contribute to the main discussion (Main discussion being Slim PS3 and we were talking about Slim PS2).

Sleepy edit: Fair enough :p

Also: Sony to Launch Smaller PStwo - - Gizmodo

I'm 100% sure it was called this in the United States because I remember "Oh, that's an odd name/way to put it".

EDIT: A more reputable source: Sony could launch PStwo in late October, claims report // News

EDIT2: On topic for once, I believe the Slim PS3 will be Sony's answer to the recent calls for price cuts (seeing how it will cost less to manufacture and this is the very same thing that happened with the PS2/PSTwo - so can we expect an October release date? One can hope)

twelve

I'm not dead
Fair enough with Sony registering the PStwo name, even if it is the official name there is no branding on the console to reflect it, which is why I think it's more of a nickname than the official name (whereas the PSone had PSone written on it).

The full "PLAYSTATION 3" text and spiderman font on the PS3 has really grown on me since the console came out, I hope they don't brand the slim PSthree.

When's TGS? My bet is that will be when they announce it, with a release in time for xmas.