• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Share Your First Impressions of MW3

Moose

Meta Moose
I haven't bought the game yet, so it's up to you guys to either convince me that it is worth purchasing or turn me away from it. I've heard extremely mixed reviews so far from friends, some saying it is a step in the right direction and others just shrugging their shoulders.

What do you think has been improved or overlooked? What are the new maps like? Favourite perks/weapons? Is the campaign throwaway or does it offer replayability? Etc.

FYI: As you might have noticed individual games now have their own forums, so discussion for one game doesn't have to be kept confined to a single thread.

Dan

Contributor
Same boat as you, I'll probably buy it pre-owned in a few weeks to be honest, it isn't worth the best part of

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I thought the campaign was pretty awesome, but having beaten it on veteran theirs no reason to go back imo.

I plan to get a legit copy this weekend to play online.

eldiablov

Contributor
The AC130 mission looked fucking awesome, was it as good as I suspect? It was like the only good thing about MW2's campaign.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Just beat the Singleplayer in a little over 4 hours (regular difficulty). It was not as good as the previous MW games, felt like a lot of rehashed scenarios from previous games. Don't think I really "enjoyed" it, just went through the paces and didn't necessarily find parts I enjoyed or disliked. Don't see myself playing through it again on Veteran

Robby

Los Doyers!
Campaign was sweet, but I'm starting to hate the online play as its nothing but campers and noobtubers already.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I really hope the online isn't as bad as that Robby. The campers are to be expected in every game, but getting toobed drives me nuts for some reason.

Moose

Meta Moose
And me, I especially despised it in MW2 when people knew the exact trajectory they needed in order to hit spawn points. :|

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I really hope the online isn't as bad as that Robby. The campers are to be expected in every game, but getting toobed drives me nuts for some reason.

I have not noticed too much of that from the time I've played online. The map design really doesn't encourage camping since there's always multiple avenues to enter a point.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm able to play 5 matches before getting frustrated and bored of the bs situations I am encountering.

It might just be me though.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I'm just happy to be rid of that fucking napalm strike. But basically it's just modern warfare 2.5 like everyone said it was going to be.
IW needs to stop designing the games as if Treyarch doesn't exist. Black Ops already improved upon much of what I didn't like about MW2, but this just seems like it Aimed to improve on MW2 instead of trying top black ops. I'm not a fan of the strike packages either.

OUTL4W

Spawning definately needs tweaked.....Especially in FFA....saw myself in the killcam spawn 10ft in front of killer who knifed...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Spawning definately needs tweaked.....Especially in FFA....saw myself in the killcam spawn 10ft in front of killer who knifed...

FFA has never had good spawning... I haven't noticed much issues with spawning in other game modes

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
IW needs to stop designing the games as if Treyarch doesn't exist. Black Ops already improved upon much of what I didn't like about MW2, but this just seems like it Aimed to improve on MW2 instead of trying top black ops. I'm not a fan of the strike packages either.

I agree 100% after my first session last night.

El Diablo

Lol this game is dumb. I bought the game knowing I wouldn't like it and would complain about it so maybe I'm biased but I really don't like it. It looks and feels exactly like mw2, which isn't exactly bad because it was a decent game 2-3 years ago, but now it just looks and feels out dated. It doesn't feel like a new game, it doesn't feel like a big improvement, it literally feels like an expansion pack for 60 dollars for mw2 that they tricked you into buying, then will get you to further spend more money on by buying all their DLC and or Elite shit.

I've also never been the biggest fan of CoD maps, but so far none of the maps have stood out to me except for being exceptionally shitty. They feel smaller and tighter than any of the other CoDs maps and just feel like the worst out of all of the games.

I guess for a CoD game it's good...I mean it's the same thing as before and it seems to work everytime for them so if it ain't broke don't fix it, I'm just wondering when people will get tired of it and get fed up with buying the same game for the 4th time, plus DLC. It's just gotten a little ridiculous.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Nobody is tricked into buying a game. People find this series fun and buy it every year. Even a hater like you bought it.

El Diablo

Sure it's a trick, they advertise something new and give you the same game again. I bought it yes, but I knew the shit I was getting. It's mw2 again.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Some more first impressions from myself:

The interface is recycled from MW2. While it was not such a bad interface then, the revamped styling and GUI sucks. I don't see how this could have made it past any sort of quality checking. Simple gradients and solid colors are throughout and just feel like an unfinished game.

The accolades, emblems and titlecard seem to have been rehashed from MW2 and I have zero interest in unlocking new emblems as a result. I feel like I've seen them all already. The playercard is a step back from Call of Duty: Black Ops fully-customizable playercard which proved to produce some interesting results.

The challenges are scattered throughout the multiplayer screen and are just a pain to look at. It looks cluttered and hard to decipher what is what.

tl;dr -- User Interface sucks, lacks innovation since rehashing old assets, cluttered, etc.

El Diablo

Not sure if this is the thread for the general discussion or what not, but it sort of goes here. Leveling up in multiplayer seems to go a lot faster than in the other games. I know there's always crazy people who level up faster than others, but I was seeing people last night in the high 50s and someone early this morning who was 68. It just seems like people blew through these levels way faster but it may just be me. I didn't really notice it in the other games so I could just be completely wrong.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Not sure if this is the thread for the general discussion or what not, but it sort of goes here. Leveling up in multiplayer seems to go a lot faster than in the other games. I know there's always crazy people who level up faster than others, but I was seeing people last night in the high 50s and someone early this morning who was 68. It just seems like people blew through these levels way faster but it may just be me. I didn't really notice it in the other games so I could just be completely wrong.

4 words: Mountain Dew Double XP