• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Sony Bringing PSP Titles To PS3 In HD

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
pspre.jpg

Sony today announced a new initiative in which it will port PSP titles over to the PS3 in HD on Blu-ray disc, with the addition of extra content. They've coined it the PSP Remaster title series.
"PSP Remaster" titles will deliver rich and immersive gaming experience on the PS3 system through stunning high-definition graphics as well as through additional new features for these titles, such as operability on the PS3 Wireless Controller (SIXAXIS and DUALSHOCK 3), new add-on content or stereoscopic 3D support*1[...]

Continue reading: Sony Bringing PSP Titles To PS3 In HD...

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
probably nothing more than shoddy upscales for extra cash.

Invest some real time and completely re-do the textures, add at least 4xAA and add some PP' effects.

Same thing with the PS2 remaster series shit. The only ones that have really done any good that i've seen is Splinter cell which used all the assets from the PC versions

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
http://exophase.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/remasterb.jpg

Off camera shot, so hard to tell if it's just a mere upscaling job. Will wait for direct feed screens before judging.

EDIT: trailer is live

[video=youtube;exJZAUbPt2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exJZAUbPt2A&feature=player_detailpage#t=144s[/video]

eldiablov

Contributor
There are a few titles I'll be interested in. GoW, GTA series, not much more than that though. This could be a nice little money spinner for Sony if they do it properly :/

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Sony is officially made of stupid.

And the worse is that these HD remasters might be the versions they want us to play on the NGP (since the thing is touted as the first HD Portable) instead of just letting people like me who've bought a load of PSN PSP stuff play them on the PS3/NGP as they are. I for one am getting fed up with Sony's "Why let people play games they've already bought? Let's instead activate anti-aliasing and force them to re-buy them for 3x their current price" thing. If this is confirmed I'll buy a 3DS on the NGP launch day.

Just.let.people.play.what.they.own.

As for the HD versions, the Rock has something to say about it:

The Rock said:
You can take your little HD versions, turn the son***** sideways and stick straight up your candy ***

TeamOverload

Sony is officially made of stupid.

And the worse is that these HD remasters might be the versions they want us to play on the NGP (since the thing is touted as the first HD Portable) instead of just letting people like me who've bought a load of PSN PSP stuff play them on the PS3/NGP as they are. I for one am getting fed up with Sony's "Why let people play games they've already bought? Let's instead activate anti-aliasing and force them to re-buy them for 3x their current price" thing. If this is confirmed I'll buy a 3DS on the NGP launch day.

Just.let.people.play.what.they.own.

As for the HD versions, the Rock has something to say about it:

I see where you are coming from, but the fact of the matter is, these HD Collections they release are selling and are selling well, and are often some of the more well-received titles on the system. The model is working for them and several people do enjoy them, so why would they change that?

Seth

MD Party Room
Am I the only one who enjoys these HD remakes? As someone who no longer owns a psp and someone who did not own a ps2 I like playing some of the greatest games for systems I never know or never will.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Am I the only one who enjoys these HD remakes? As someone who no longer owns a psp and someone who did not own a ps2 I like playing some of the greatest games for systems I never know or never will.

As long as they don't these price these HD remasters at $60 ($30 or so would be nice), I'm interested in picking them up. Not too keen on Monter Hunter, but Peace Walker would be a must-buy for me... especially considering I never got around to playing it on PSP.

TeamOverload

As long as they don't these price these HD remasters at $60 ($30 or so would be nice), I'm interested in picking them up. Not too keen on Monter Hunter, but Peace Walker would be a must-buy for me... especially considering I never got around to playing it on PSP.

My guess is $40 like the other collections have been. Then again most of these will likely be single games and not sets (although they could do something like a Dissidia collection or GTA collection), so $30 would be much more reasonable.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Yeah. But still it instills fear in the paying customer that this could become a regular practice and instead of just giving people regular backward compatibility, they'll keep making us pay over and over again if we want to replay those games on other consoles released BY THE SAME COMPANY. That's what ticks me off.

Peace Walker is the only game I'd really want. And I might give Monster Hunter a try if they fix the damn controls.

My guess is $40 like the other collections have been. Then again most of these will likely be single games and not sets (although they could do something like a Dissidia collection or GTA collection), so $30 would be much more reasonable.

I'd say $40. They want to suck as much money out of us as they can.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Yeah. But still it instills fear in the paying customer that this could become a regular practice and instead of just giving people regular backward compatibility, they'll keep making us pay over and over again if we want to replay those games on other consoles released BY THE SAME COMPANY. That's what ticks me off.

I'd say $40. They want to suck as much money out of us as they can.
One advantage of re-releases like this in my opinion is the creation of more copies of various games. That means that instead of having to hunt out a NES and a copy of the first Final Fantasy, I can just play my Dawn of Souls copy on a GBA.

Nintendo do/did this kind of thing all the time. Mario All-Stars was just a generation after the NES yet had the first three Mario games with spruced up visuals.
Peace Walker is the only game I'd really want. And I might give Monster Hunter a try if they fix the damn controls.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
as long as they are a reasonable price i'll certainly be interested.

And Monster Hunter on the PS3 finally? woot.

It makes for a good second chance for a lot of PSP games to make some money that suffered from unusual circumstances (Ie extreme piracy like in the first few years of the PSP, games like MMX:MHX selling like only 10,000 copies)

That said, i really hope they put effort into them.
AA, High res textures and some Post Processing