• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN Sony Details Welcome Back Details [US and Europe]

january39

eXo Staff
Get you.

I think im going for Dead Nation, but cant decide between ratchet and clank or wipeout.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
has anyone asked if these games are going to "expire"? i was going to opt out of the psn+ trial but it looks like its mandatory. i signed on yesterday and thought i noticed some psn+-like features, which leads me to believe that anything we would be offered would be tied to the psn+ trial and therefore expire :argh:

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I tried to backup my gamesaves yesterday and it just brought me to a sign up for PS+ page
Has anyone done that yet? If so, how?

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
i really didnt see a "psn+ sign-up" page. i just signed into my regular psn account and noticed a different looking chat room icon so i thought i had automatically begun my psn+ trial :confused:

ill pay closer attention tonight ;)

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
has anyone asked if these games are going to "expire"?...
The blog post outlining the program indicates that the selection of games "will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever".

xtmrage

"4. Access to the 30 days free PS Plus subscription is only available for those countries where PS Plus is offered. You will have access to the PS Plus content planned for May for 30 days. Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever."
... So, the free games AREN'T yours to keep forever? They're lending you 30 days play time on these titles? WOW Sony, great job on once again screwing with your customers.
Like, seriously, they cant offer them as "yours to keep" incentives on staying with PSN..?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Why would anyone even keep PS+ if they allowed everyone with a PSN account a month to download all of the free titles offered with that service and let them keep it forever? Free PS+ for a month comes with all of the normal terms that every PS+ purchase before this offering did.

TeamOverload

"4. Access to the 30 days free PS Plus subscription is only available for those countries where PS Plus is offered. You will have access to the PS Plus content planned for May for 30 days. Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever."
... So, the free games AREN'T yours to keep forever? They're lending you 30 days play time on these titles? WOW Sony, great job on once again screwing with your customers.
Like, seriously, they cant offer them as "yours to keep" incentives on staying with PSN..?

The Welcome Back free titles are yours to keep forever, the normal games that are offered free WITH Playstation Plus are not yours to keep if you don't keep subscribing. Hope that clears things up.

Biggy204

Wait i think it said the purchases made during the 30 use of the PSN+ is urs even after the 30 days. Since u did essencially buy the games or d/l'ed them for the given discounts. It would suck if sony deleted them all after the 30 days.

TeamOverload

Wait i think it said the purchases made during the 30 use of the PSN+ is urs even after the 30 days. Since u did essencially buy the games or d/l'ed them for the given discounts. It would suck if sony deleted them all after the 30 days.

Correct, any games that are on sale for PSN+ members that you actually purchase are yours to keep for life as well.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Okay I'm not currently a PlayStation Plus subscriber so I'm not 100% sure but from what I understand after reading the FAQ the stuff you get to keep are themes and avatars. Discounts you receive are applied to purchases; they're not going to take those away from you. The things you don't get to keep if you choose not to subscribe after the 30 day membership period are the free games, free downloads, and game trials.

SO... the "welcome back" program gives you your choice of free games to keep (from the list in the blog post) and the month membership to Plus will at least give you access to some themes, avatars, and discounts on purchases you can keep. The free PlayStation Home content seems like it's yours to keep as well.

I think that about covers it..

TeamOverload

You hit the nail on the head, now just to wait for the store to be back up. My guess is Thursday, not that it's concrete evidence, but Harmonix has scheduled this weeks update for Thursday for Playstation 3 (and has posted this Thursday's date for last weeks update as well), so Sony might be communicated with developers much more than us on the situation. Guess we'll just wait and see.

Juliet

Good stuff for PSP. I think Sony especially cared about Go owners since they couldn't play any game other than the ones in the local memory. So, I think they are the most affected ones from this case.

El Diablo

Lmao...