• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Sony E3 09 conference

twelve

I'm not dead
So as not to derail the Nintendo thread thought I'd copy these posts here.

I didn't see the Nintendo one but I was very disapointed by the Sony one, even though they had some decent announcements the motion thing as a huge let down and dragged on way too long. And they're still pushing Home :/

Blackout

IDK, I think that motion sensing thing for the PS3 was pretty cool. It'll attract even more people whenever it's in it's final stages. People will probably think, "Advanced Wii with better graphics." Or some crap like that.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I didn't see the Nintendo one but I was very disapointed by the Sony one, even though they had some decent announcements the motion thing as a huge let down and dragged on way too long. And they're still pushing Home :/

I thought Mario Galaxy 2 being announced was very good for Nintendo.

I think Sony let too much out of the pan early with the PSP Go! leak on Qore. Even so, I think they were the best one with Microsoft at a close second.

eldiablov

Contributor

I thought Mario Galaxy 2 being announced was very good for Nintendo.

If you were disappointed by Sony you would have cried for nintendo.

I was pleasantly surprised by Sony tbh, the motion thing is fucking cool.

I went in the shower when home came along, it didn't exactly take up the whole of the presentation, it was only a small part of a large and well put together look at the future.

MAG looks EPIC.

EDIT: Not sure what let you down about the motion ... it was scarily accurate.

twelve

I'm not dead
Not sure what let you down about the motion ... it was scarily accurate.
It let me down because I don't play my Wii, I don't play with my EyeToy, I don't play with my Live Vision Cam and I turn off every Sixaxis control in any game that supports it. All of the above were fun for 10 minutes but the novely soon wore off.

Sure Natal and the new PS3 motion wands are outstanding from a technical point of view but I have no interest in waving my self around in front of the TV.

I think the reason the Sony one disapointed me was that 90% of what they showed had already been announced or leaked.

Have to say Assassins Creed 2 was great and really shocked they showed so much of it at the Sony conference rather than the Ubisoft one yesterday, obviously this was due to the PSP and PS3 connectivity.

Really though I was disapointed because:
No Final Fantasy Versus XIII
No MGS Rising (to confirm if it's multi platform or not)
No Kingdom Hearts III (it's still not even announced)
Still pushing Home
No PS3 slim
No PS3 Final Fantasy remakes (wasn't really expecting these but I can hope).

Overall I guess it was a decent conference but I don't care for sales data (which they opened with) and would've liked to see more new announcements.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I liked how microsoft started the conference, it was all action and no stats. Sony's was good too but was disappointed with some games not announced as Twelve posted above.

Nintendo was just fail imo.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
It let me down because I don't play my Wii, I don't play with my EyeToy, I don't play with my Live Vision Cam and I turn off every Sixaxis control in any game that supports it. All of the above were fun for 10 minutes but the novely soon wore off.

Sure Natal and the new PS3 motion wands are outstanding from a technical point of view but I have no interest in waving my self around in front of the TV.

I think the reason the Sony one disapointed me was that 90% of what they showed had already been announced or leaked.

Have to say Assassins Creed 2 was great and really shocked they showed so much of it at the Sony conference rather than the Ubisoft one yesterday, obviously this was due to the PSP and PS3 connectivity.

Really though I was disapointed because:
No Final Fantasy Versus XIII
No MGS Rising (to confirm if it's multi platform or not)
Still pushing Home
No PS3 slim
No PS3 Final Fantasy remakes (wasn't really expecting these but I can hope).

Overall I guess it was a decent conference but I don't care for sales data (which they opened with) and would've liked to see more new announcements.

MGS Rising is multiplatform. I think it's even going to be out on PC...

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM EST ----------

I liked how microsoft started the conference, it was all action and no stats. Sony's was good too but was disappointed with some games not announced as Twelve posted above.

Nintendo was just fail imo.

And it was really boring. The guy who presented looked and sounded boring too, which made it worse.

twelve

I'm not dead
MGS Rising is multiplatform. I think it's even going to be out on PC...

Ok cool. I didn't see the MS conference but from what I could gather they didn't mention it's exclusive, which generally means it isn't.

Slasher

Suck It
Sony's Conference in a nut shell:

- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves demo playthrough.
- MAG 256-player live battle demo'd.
- Announced PSP Go! - Has not replaced the UMD or the PSP 3000, 50% smaller, whatever percent lighter, includes 16GB built-in flash memory, has integrated Bluetooth, retail price set at $250.00, release October 1st for both EU and NA.
- Media Go computer to PSP software announced.
- Video service announced for PSP.
- All future PSP titles will be available in digital format.
- Gran Turismo PSP - 60 frames a second, has over 800 cars, a ton of tracks, ad-hoc multiplayer mode, will let players share and trade cars with other players, release October 1st.
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP announced.
- Resident Evil PSP announced.
- 50 new PS1 games coming to the PSN store, one of which is FF7.
- Rockstar's "Agent" announced for the PS3.
- Assassin's Creed II demo'd.
- New Final Fantasy XIII trailer shown.
- Final Fantasy XIV announced. Will be a PS3 and PC exclusive.
- New PS3 motion controller shown.
- New franchise named ModNation Racers announced for PS3. Kart racing game where players can customize their cars and characters, as well as build and share their own race tracks. Release sometime in 2010.
- Team Ico announced its "The Last Guardian" title.
- Gran Turismo 5 for PS3 trailer shown.
- God of War III gameplay footage shown. Set for release March 2010.

Did I miss anything?

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Sony's Conference in a nut shell:

- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves demo playthrough.
- MAG 256-player live battle demo'd.
- Announced PSP Go! - Has not replaced the UMD or the PSP 3000, 50% smaller, whatever percent lighter, includes 16GB built-in flash memory, has integrated Bluetooth, retail price set at $250.00, release October 1st for both EU and NA.
- Media Go computer to PSP software announced.
- Video service announced for PSP.
- All future PSP titles will be available in digital format.
- Gran Turismo PSP - 60 frames a second, has over 800 cars, a ton of tracks, ad-hoc multiplayer mode, will let players share and trade cars with other players, release October 1st.
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP announced.
- Resident Evil PSP announced.
- 50 new PS1 games coming to the PSN store, one of which is FF7.
- Rockstar's "Agent" announced for the PS3.
- Assassin's Creed II demo'd.
- New Final Fantasy XIII trailer shown.
- Final Fantasy XIV announced. Will be a PS3 and PC exclusive.
- New PS3 motion controller shown.
- New franchise named ModNation Racers announced for PS3. Kart racing game where players can customize their cars and characters, as well as build and share their own race tracks. Release sometime in 2010.
- Team Ico announced its "The Last Guardian" title.
- Gran Turismo 5 for PS3 trailer shown.
- God of War III gameplay footage shown. Set for release March 2010.

Did I miss anything?

Nope, dont think so. Although FF14 reminded me of FF9 and 12.

Ragnarok

twelve

I'm not dead
Does the PC store update on Tuesday?
Nope, thursday but they said in the conference that it will be out today (which was yesterday for me now). I don't know if that meant the EU and US or just US but so far it's on neither.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991

This probably disappointed me most :( I will continue to wait in vain for the yet-announced PS3 Kingdom Hearts III :-/

But overall I was surprised at how good the conference was.

twelve

I'm not dead
This probably disappointed me most :( I will continue to wait in vain for the yet-announced PS3 Kingdom Hearts III :-/
Wonder if the FF14 exclusive announcement is an indicator that Square have finally got some faith in the PS3 meaning KH 3 (when it's finally announced) will be exclusive. Either that or it's a sign that Final Fantasy XI on 360 was a tremendous failure so they're not bothering with another MMO for 360.