• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Steam Game Count

Thread starter #1
I was comparing my stats across tracking sites, and noticed my completion rate is really low on Exophase - 29% compared to about 50% on other sites.

After looking through my tracked games, I discovered there are some games that are still being tracked but that I don't have in my Steam account anymore. These were f2p games I got that have no achievements, so I removed them around a month ago from my Steam account.

Would a resync perhaps reset the percentage to be more in line with what it should be?

Thanks for the service you all provide with this site.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Hmm, I ran a re-sync but it actually brought your completion down a bit.

Probably the difference is that ours is calculated from total achievements earned divided by the number possible. If I took the average progress of each game, then calculated an average from that then likely it comes out to around 50% or so ( I believe that's how Steam itself calculates the completion rate).

Edit: Also it's mostly a few games with over 900-1000 achievements that are bringing down your completion rate significantly. Maybe I can exclude those from being counted, that would bring the completion more in line with what Steam is showing without changing the way we calculate it.

Last edited:
Thread starter #3
Hmm, I ran a re-sync but it actually brought your completion down a bit.

Probably the difference is that ours is calculated from total achievements earned divided by the number possible. If I took the average progress of each game, then calculated an average from that then likely it comes out to around 50% or so ( I believe that's how Steam itself calculates the completion rate).

Edit: Also it's mostly a few games with over 900-1000 achievements that are bringing down your completion rate significantly. Maybe I can exclude those from being counted, that would bring the completion more in line with what Steam is showing without changing the way we calculate it.
Thanks for the effort; after I posted that I did some more looking at the other sites and realized I was looking at the numbers wrong anyway - average completion (average game completion of all started games), which is what I saw at ~50% vs. absolute completion, which seems to be about half that (~22% or so), and measured as % of unlocked achievements in all started games.

I guess I should finish what I start, but some of those achievements are skill-based, and I'm not as young as I used to be. ;-)

No worries, though. I was just a bit confused by what the % stood for and wondered if my deleted games had any bearing on it.

Last edited: