• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC [TF2] New Game Mode?

Colm

[TF2] Announcer Sound Files... wtf?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9uvQ_k8gqs[/YT]
o_O

Not a new game mode, only heard in-game by soldiers and demomen

eldiablov

Contributor
That doesn't necessarily mean a new game mode :/

"This is? probably for Arena mode when two people keep a game going indefinitely." <- youtube

Adiuvo

That many sounds for a mode hardly anyone plays? I doubt it, it's probably a new game mode.

Also, announcer's new quotes absolutely rule.

Colm

Code:
bool ShouldPlaySpecialAudio(CTFPlayer *pPlayer)
{
	bool result;

if ( pPlayer && (CTFPlayer::IsPlayerClass(pPlayer, 3) || CTFPlayer::IsPlayerClass(pPlayer, 4)) )
		result = engrandom->GetRandomInt(1, 100) <= 10;
	else
		result = 0;
	return result;
}
For those that can't read C: If you're a soldier or demoman, you have a random 10% chance to hear the special sounds.

So it must be a Solder and Demoman update!
From the Steam forums.

Colm

Awesome, it's the TF2 comic team is at work, I see.
So... One day? And then what? Time to wire up my PC again, I think.

Adiuvo

Without major map changes 2Fort wouldn't work for that purpose.

I can't wait for the update. Hopefully by this weekend it'll be here :D

Colm

It's the map from Meet The Spy, a modified version of 2fort. However, Meet The Spy was about defending intel...
Still, no cp_2fort. Please, no.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

We've gone into Valve time, it's been a day and still no update in my rss reader..:

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ

Adiuvo

Anyone know how many kills you need? We should probably just hop on the MFM server and trade off kills later on this week.

I'm up for it tomorrow.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Anyone know how many kills you need? We should probably just hop on the MFM server and trade off kills later on this week.

I'm up for it tomorrow.

Only info I gathered

-Its overall at end week if demo,or solider class wins it grant you a new weapon.

-Base on 100+ kills

If it base on overall its best go with solider class.

But these are only rumors so far.

Colm

I always thought there was hope for an engineer update. Anyway, there's still a new game mode coming :D
I'll have to wire up my PC and get going with some demoman kills. Soldier sux olololololol.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

I'm up for it tomorrow.
It's total Soldier versus Demoman versus total Demoman versus soldier kills.. wait, that looks wrong

Basically, it's the total kills a Soldier has had on a Demoman against the total kills a Demoman has had on a soldier, across all matches, across all servers, across all players. The winner gets the exclusive unlock, plus the three standard unlocks, while the loser just gets the standard unlock. So no bending the stats this time around.

Adiuvo

Wait, so it's not per person? That doesn't seem right, since if it's everyone, then it would be too easy to get.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Is it only valve official maps, or any map is fine?
I yet see anything on it yet.