• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC [TF2] New Game Mode?

Robby

Los Doyers!
I bought this game a long time ago but sadly never been able to play it due to my crappy computer specs. Once I get more ram and a better video card, I'll be able to play this smoothly. Can't wait

TeamOverload

I'm doing awful at it. And trying to understand how unlocks and all that stuff works at the same time. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually though,

Adiuvo

I've been crafting all my dupes, I'm only one Refined Metal away from a hat :D.

There was also some glitch, and items went out like crazy. Got 3x Equaliser, Direct Hit, Eyelander, Targe and Gunboat. Brilliant.

Yeah. I got a camera beard from it :D
With the Gibbus equipped I look like Abe Lincoln. So awesome.

Anyway, playing around a bit with ES and Menace yesterday, here's my thoughts:

• Chargin Targe damage resistance makes him in god mode against pyro, soldier, and demo. Needs a nerf in this department.
  • The Equalizer needs a con badly, and needs it's top speed reduced. ES and I were testing this earlier and he was running as fast as a scout. Plus, you can hurt yourself to get the bonus. At only half health, the bonus is roughly medic speed. It's too fast.
  • Direct Hit rocks if you can aim.
  • The Eyelander is actually quite good. It seems like a new subclass of demo, provided you are good at ambushing. The soul powerup is quite powerful, but since it's melee it's not op.
  • The Banner is quite good as well. If you get a group of four people around this thing you'll do quite a bit of damage.

EvilSeph

Administrator
The Banner is quite OP, especially if you got a team of organized players...just get them to rally around the banner and pretty much only an uber will be able to stop you.

The Direct Hit seems overpowered...if you can aim. Being able to one shot Pyros (175 hp). When I was using it last night, it did 202-204 damage on airshot...so I can theoretically one-hit all classes except the heavy...

The Chargin' Targe makes my soldier play very difficult, though I can usually out melee a demo using it with The Equalizer.

The Eyelander is a little OP too. The range on that thing is absolutely ridiculous. Unless the demo misses, you're likely to never land a melee hit again. With The Equalizer you move faster, thus making you harder to hit.

The Equalizer could be a little OP, but I think it's balanced. Since it is melee and you really only get its benefits when you're hurt beyond half health, if you let any soldier get near you with a melee weapon, you deserve to die anyway. Top speed is 384 for The Equalizer, not 400 (which is the scout's speed).