• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn38

Mature User :)
Neat :tup:

TRFyuki

MessageBoxA No License!
WARNING: Incoming wild-imagination / speculation / skepticism

This now is the 2nd Video showing only a change in the string representing the firmware version, but not actually running anything. Just sayin'. Why don't they make the PSP do something homebrewy? Anything? Even if it ends up crashing... just to prove something is happening.

Not saying it's fake, but this vid just leaves me with more questions than answers.

daMcP

This now is the 2nd Video showing only a change in the string representing the firmware version, but not actually running anything. Just sayin'. Why don't they make the PSP do something homebrewy? Anything? Even if it ends up crashing... just to prove something is happening.

Not saying it's fake, but this vid just leaves me with more questions than answers.

Because it's again just a PROOF OF CONCEPT Video demonstrating they got kernel access!

Chathurga

It's absolutely, 100%, completely real. Real, real, real, real, real.
Any more posts doubting this will just be deleted. Simple.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
You hit the nail right on the head. In addition HEN will be uncompatible with anything which imports M33 functions.

So, with the HEN we can at least play homebrew games, emulators (no matter what FW you have?), and of course the ROMs with the Emu's. Correct?

Slasher

Suck It

TRFyuki

MessageBoxA No License!
It's absolutely, 100%, completely real. Real, real, real, real, real.
Any more posts doubting this will just be deleted. Simple.

Not doubting HEN, I got TIFFhelloworld happening on my PSP3000 5.03OFW so that's proves somekind of unsigned code ran. I'm just pointing out the Elephant-In-The-Room. The 2nd vid being, more-or-less, the same as the 1st and not running some basic homebrew - like PONG or something.

Slasher

Suck It
K. Now my question is. What are the 5.xx++ kernels? I'm new to this so, ya.

There's not much to worry about with that.

Basically there's 1.5 kernel homebrew (older homebrew that was created before custom firmware existed), and then there's 3.xx/4.xx/5.xx kernel homebrews depending on which custom firmware you're on (or HEN). There is very little difference between the newer kernels as far as your average homebrew goes.

Most older style 1.5 kernel homebrews have been updated to work on newer kernels, so pretty much everything should work perfectly fine on this HEN including most homebrews and emulators, but excluding ISO's, plugins, and PSX games since those are custom firmware features.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
There's not much to worry about with that.

Basically there's 1.5 kernel homebrew (older homebrew that was created before custom firmware existed), and then there's 3.xx/4.xx/5.xx kernel homebrews depending on which custom firmware you're on. There is very little difference between the newer kernels as far as your average homebrew goes.

Most older style 1.5 kernel homebrews have been updated to work on newer kernels, so pretty much everything should work perfectly fine on this HEN (excluding ISO's, plugins, and PSX games ofcourse).

Ok. So, the 300x models wont be able to support Cfw as far as I know. Correct?

Slasher

Suck It

Correct.

But they WILL still be able to run HEN. This HEN will make use of the 5.xx kernel since the exploit is ran on 5.00, 5.01, 5.02, or 5.03 official firmwares.
Make sense?

Kachin

yes there is not CFW for the 3k because the Pre ipl issues when that problem get solved then green light for the CFW

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Correct.

But they WILL still be able to run HEN. This HEN will make use of the 5.xx kernel since the exploit is ran on 5.00, 5.01, 5.02, or 5.03 firmwares.
Make sense?

Ok. One ore newby question. It shouldnt matter if you have cfw or not, all emulators should work. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.