• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Top 5 gaming disappointments of 2008

twelve

I'm not dead
List your top 5 gaming related disapointments from 2008, can be anything from news to actually games that underwhelmed you. Here's mine.

1. Haze
2. Kingdom Hearts 3 no show at E3/TGS
3. No big news at E3/TGS
4. PlayStation Home's failure to appear even in public beta form (may still happen before the year is out)
5. GTA4

Serideth

Good thread.

This year eh? Hmmm.

1 GTA4 - Vice City is still my fav.
2 MAG event in PSU - They could of put way more levels in it.
3 WoW WOTLK - Ok even though it's not out yet it just doesn't entice me to go back to WoW.
4 The general lack of really good Fighting games on the 360.
5 The lack of no games like Shenmue coming out, wtf.

Joey

1. Castle Crashers (mainly how the feature I was most looking forward to, co-op, is broken, and they still haven't fixed it)

2. DSi

3. Haze

4. Wii (The lack of games I give a shit about, and the fact that I don't regret selling mine)

5. The fact that I have gamer fatigue. Not only have I probably logged less hours into this hobby this year than any year I can remember, but I've played and enjoyed far less games than I was expecting. I probably couldn't even make a top 5 for 2008, and that's if you include Gears 2, which isn't even out.

It's been a pretty bad gaming year for me.

Skyline

I Bet You Like That
1. Haze, after the hype it got, shocking..
2. GTA IV, it was good, but the setting didn't work aswell as VC, and it also hyped up way too much.
3. Poor recent new patches for WoW.
4. Poor changes in WoTLK.
5. Assassin's Creed, such a great concept, such a short game...

Tsunaii

eMummeh
For me? It would be the lamest digs at the games ever but these points are still what grinds my gears.
1. Spore. its so sute you could puke. Shame that the Creature creator is a little, limited. It is awesome, but i just feel they coulda done more textures for colouring.... - I told you it would be lame.
2. WoW. Achievements? Well thats cute. WoTLK? Well i hope it is worth it.
3. Metal Gear Solid 4. most of ya are like "WUT?" but lemme explain. I fucking rocked at that game. So much so i felt a bit, dissapointed. FFS I am a female, and given a gun, I am Teh Roxors. But even I got sick tired of the epic day long film that explained the story. Yes the story is good, I'm not disputing that, but my Controller Died 3 times while playing beacuse i had to sit waiting for a film....... NO.
4. Hideo my pal. You are hereby fired as God. PLZ don't do what i have heard rumours you are going to do. and if it happens, well lets say i wanna see a certain Bungie game on the PS3. :mad:
5. Haze. I didnt play it. May i be one of few lucky ones.

twelve

I'm not dead
What's wrong with MGS4 going to 360? More people get to enjoy it. That's a good thing, fangurl :p

Tsunaii

eMummeh
twelve said:
What's wrong with MGS4 going to 360? More people get to enjoy it. That's a good thing, fangurl :p
You made my point clear for me. FAN. Hideo! *shakes fist* How could you do this you Sonofa!

Adiuvo

1. Spore. Same reasons as BubbleSquishy.
2. Home. Been waiting and waiting, but there still hasn't been more info :(
3. KH3. A chance of a release date, but no info besides. Great.
4. Valhalla Knights 2. Yes the first one sucked, and this is better, but I would have thought they would actually listen to users problems.
5. Can't think of one.

twelve

I'm not dead
Adiuvo said:
3. KH3. A chance of a release date, but no info besides. Great.
Release date? it wasn't even announced.

@BubbleSquishy: If you're a fan of the game then why does it matter what console it is on? You buy it for the console you prefer.

Blackout

1. Haze
2. Kingdom Hearts 3 no show at E3/TGS
3. No big news at E3/TGS
4. PlayStation Home's failure to appear even in public beta form (may still happen before the year is out)
5. Crysis Warhead

Basically everything that twelve said, but I found GTA 4 rather amusing.

Adiuvo

I read it as a copy and paste from Gamefaqs >_> Was there any mention of it at all at TGS?

EDIT- Nevermind.

Robby

Los Doyers!
1. GTA IV
2. Haze
3. Home
4. E3, they should go back to the old way
5. Can't think of a fifth one

eldiablov

Contributor
1. GTA IV (Because I was expecting something fun)
2. SPORE (You cant buy the game, only rent it)
3. HAZE (Do I really need a reason?)
4. HOME (because its never going to come out)
5. Wii (because I used it twice)

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
1. Haze
2. Wii
3. Home ... wow anyone remember that name?
4. Far Cry 2 ... not really all its cracked up to be.
cant think of number 5

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
glockenspiel said:
1. Metal Gear Online.
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
3. Unreal Tournament 3.
4. Burnout Paradise.
5. N/A.
wow, i actually thought Burnout Paradise was awesome...
Well everyones got their opinion i guess.

_Seven

1. Wii (Dropped the hardcore gamer scene completely for old people and elementary school kids.)

2. Super Smash Bros Brawl (Didn't have that feel to it, at all.)

3. Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube (We all know why.)

4. Any post Sonic Adventure 1/2 games by Team Sonic. (Shit pissed me off.)

5. Crysis (Mediocre gameplay with pretty graphics.)

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
_Seven said:
1. Wii (Dropped the hardcore gamer scene completely for old people and elementary school kids.)

2. Super Smash Bros Brawl (Didn't have that feel to it, at all.)

3. Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube (We all know why.)

4. Any post Sonic Adventure 1/2 games by Team Sonic. (Shit pissed me off.)

5. Crysis (Mediocre gameplay with pretty graphics.)

Thread Title said:
Top 5 gaming disapointments of 2008
*hint* lol
a few years off there