• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Trying to run pc game without cd...

Sullivan

Ok, so I have Crysis, legit copy, and boy does it run great on my new card.

But I was wondering if I could play it without a disc? I ripped the iso to my hdd, then mounted it using daemon tools, then when I load it, it begins, then pops up with an error saying, please use actual disc instead of a back up.

Any thoughts? I know there is a no cd crack, but most will infect my pc.

ilyace

Ok, so I have Crysis, legit copy, and boy does it run great on my new card.

But I was wondering if I could play it without a disc? I ripped the iso to my hdd, then mounted it using daemon tools, then when I load it, it begins, then pops up with an error saying, please use actual disc instead of a back up.

Any thoughts? I know there is a no cd crack, [HIGHLIGHT]but most will infect my pc.[/HIGHLIGHT]

You're not looking in the right places then. As far as I know, no cd cracks are the only way to do this.

Fives

it's not hard to just use the disc.

Fives

If you can't tell what I want, in the first thread, then get out.

There's another thread on this? Or did you mean post? :confused:

Anyways,

"But I was wondering if I could play it without a disc? I ripped the iso to my hdd, then mounted it using daemon tools, then when I load it, it begins, then pops up with an error saying, please use actual disc instead of a back up."

It's a shit ton of space on the HDD to try to use the image just to run the game. Why are you even doing that? Are you really too lazy to just pop it in when you want to play the stupid game? I'm sorry but I don't understand why you'd want to do this.

Sullivan

Shit load space? It only takes up 5 gigs. Only.

Fives

Shit load space? It only takes up 5 gigs. Only.

5 gigs to run a game that's already installed on your computer that unpacks and installs well over 10gigs. Seems pretty dumb, oh well it's your hard drive.

Either way stop being lazy imo.

eighty4

If you can't tell what I want, in the first thread, then get out.

This post single handedly explains why you're ass is so shunned in every corner of this site. No one likes a big ass prick all over the site and some liar as well. Stop being a dick and grow up.

Fives

GameCopyWorld has many no-cd patches/images to use to run games without the cd-rom, I suggest checking that out if you're hell bent on running it without that cd which you can't insert into your drive because you don't own it LOL!

Sullivan

Screw this, its a friend copy, I bought a key, I borrowed the discs, got me now?

Whisper

Logic :(
Sadly though I couldn't find anything through a google search. I'll keep checking and edit this post if I find anything.

ilyace

Sadly though I couldn't find anything through a google search. I'll keep checking and edit this post if I find anything.

I'm still pretty sure that the only way to do this is through a no-cd crack, which he doesn't want to use.

Sullivan

Ya, you think if it was burned to a disc, I might have more of an option?

Whisper

Logic :(
Make sure it's a reliable source before you download (check comments etc). Then scan your computer after it finishes downloading. Should be fine.

ilyace

Nobody would pirate games and use cracks if they were as afraid to use them as you are...Seriously get over it.