• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Trying to run pc game without cd...

Fives

gamecopyworld is clean

Chathurga

Ok eighty4 you dragged this thread seriously off topic, deleted the spam.
Unfortunately Sullivan is a subtle douche and not an out and out dochebag so until he makes the leap keep the hammering to a minimum :p

Sullivan

Thanks chat, well I read up on "gamecopyworld" most people say they have only come across a few viruses. Just be sure to scan for your safety.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I use GameCopyWorld all the time for older games like Thief 3 and Red Alert 2...tis annoying when there's certain games that they don't have stuff for like AVP2 and Deus Ex but their stuff is good.

Sullivan

Ok, well I was able to make a full copy of the game, but when I insert it I get an error saying please insert actual disc not a back up. How does it detect this? I used DVDFab to clone it.

I burned it to a DVD+R-DL.

When I mounted the ISO, and ran it virtually, it gave me error code 1000, now with a burned disc, it gives me error code 1004.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Ok, well I was able to make a full copy of the game, but when I insert it I get an error saying please insert actual disc not a back up. How does it detect this? I used DVDFab to clone it.

I burned it to a DVD+R-DL.

When I mounted the ISO, and ran it virtually, it gave me error code 1000, now with a burned disc, it gives me error code 1004.

Just use a no-cd patch from gamecopyworld

Sullivan

I am probably going to, I was just trying to figure out how it possibly recognizes as a copy, even though its an exact clone.

LocutusEstBorg

Its impossible to burn a copy of new Securom and new Starforce protected games because the Data Densitiy and Data Position information are based on the physical layout of the sectors on the disk. A manufactured blank DVD already has a physical structure.

Its impossible to run Securom games in a virtual drive because there is no software capable of reading the Data Density information. Only Data Position Measurement can be copied, which is useless for Securom.

The only way is a DRM stripped exe aka no-cd crack.

Securom doesn't require the disc anymore for new games, and almost everything uses Securom now.

Sullivan

Its impossible to burn a copy of new Securom and new Starforce protected games because the Data Densitiy and Data Position information are based on the physical layout of the sectors on the disk. A manufactured blank DVD already has a physical structure.

Its impossible to run Securom games in a virtual drive because there is no software capable of reading the Data Density information. Only Data Position Measurement can be copied, which is useless for Securom.

The only way is a DRM stripped exe aka no-cd crack.

Securom doesn't require the disc anymore for new games, and almost everything uses Securom now.
Thanks, that cleared everything... ;)