• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Berkjan

Yes that means you have 3.71 M33-2 custom firmware now. The 1.5 kernel is a separate add-on, available here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3814

Download it and copy the UPDATE folder from the archive over to PSP/GAME. Then download the 1.50 firmware update (available here) and copy it to the root of your memory stick.

If you don't know what the root is, it's what you see when you first open up the memory stick on your computer.

Tnx you guys u guys the best and Dark ALex too....

Acerthief

is there any update for this tutorial. . .

update for 3.80 m33 - 2

instead of getting 3.71 m33 -2

Not yet.
We'll have to wait for DAX (Dark_Alex) to update the newest program.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
by the way anyone tried if this guide going to work if youre in 3.80 m33???

I'm rewriting the guide with new instructions so that it works on 3.80 M33. Still though, it will install 3.71 M33-2 to your memory stick until Dark_AleX releases Despertar Cementerio v4.

Should be up later today.

Crazy!

I have got to step ten creating the memory stick but I have a problem. I'm not seeing the despertar application? I have copied the actual folder, should I have just copied the contents into the psp/game folder? Is there anything else I need to do?

Help?

Acerthief

I have got to step ten creating the memory stick but I have a problem. I'm not seeing the despertar application? I have copied the actual folder, should I have just copied the contents into the psp/game folder? Is there anything else I need to do?

Help?

Try turning off your PSP completely, take out the memory stick for a few seconds, stick and back in and turn it on. See if it works.

If not, overwrite the Del folder again.

Crazy!

Try turning off your PSP completely, take out the memory stick for a few seconds, stick and back in and turn it on. See if it works.

If not, overwrite the Del folder again.

Thanks Acerthief. I actually did this before your post and it has all worked a dream. Many many many thanks to all involved in this wonderous application. You are great.:biggrin:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The guide has been updated with a new program that works on all M33 custom firmwares, including 3.80 M33. Thanks roe-ur-boat for testing.

winard

MANY THANKS x3sphere... YOURE GUIDE WORKS GREAT... I've just upgraded my fat OFW3.4 to CFW3.71 m33-2 and add the 1.50 kernel as well as updating it. However As i have test my iso/cso games. some of my games encountered error which is:

1. cannot be started (80020148)
2. the screen goes blank

But when i try this iso/cso games to other psp slim 3.71 m33-2 the games works fine. Can you help me please? How can I solve it?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
MANY THANKS x3sphere... YOURE GUIDE WORKS GREAT... I've just upgraded my fat OFW3.4 to CFW3.71 m33-2 and add the 1.50 kernel as well as updating it. However As i have test my iso/cso games. some of my games encountered error which is:

1. cannot be started (80020148)
2. the screen goes blank

But when i try this iso/cso games to other psp slim 3.71 m33-2 the games works fine. Can you help me please? How can I solve it?

Press select in the PSP main menu screen and make sure the ISO mode is set to Sony NP9660.

winard

1. cannot be started 80020148
2. the screen goes blank

But when i try this iso/cso games to other psp slim 3.71 m33-2 the games works fine. Can you help me please? How can I solve it? Thanks again...

winard

Press select in the PSP main menu screen and make sure the ISO mode is set to Sony NP9660.

YOUR GREAT MAN.. THANK YOU AGAIN....
All the games the goes blank screen are now playable but the other games that have error 80020148 change into error code 80010002.
Is there any other way to fix this?

I will test this games on other psp later and I will inform you..

SORRY IF IM ON THE WRONG THREAD...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
YOUR GREAT MAN.. THANK YOU AGAIN....
All the games the goes blank screen are now playable but the other games that have error 80020148 change into error code 80010002.
Is there any other way to fix this?

I will test this games on other psp later and I will inform you..

SORRY IF IM ON THE WRONG THREAD...

Hold R during PSP bootup and make sure both options in Advanced -> Advanced Configuration are disabled. If that doesn't help then the games giving a 80020148/80010002 error are probably corrupt.

winard

Hold R during PSP bootup and make sure both options in Advanced -> Advanced Configuration are disabled. If that doesn't help then the games giving a 80020148/80010002 error are probably corrupt.

My config setup is already disabled.. YES.. The game is corrupt! i've tested it to other slim psp 3.71 m33-2 (which is upgraded by other setup).

THANK YOU AGAIN... YOURE GREAT....

booom

can i make a pandora battery with 3.60 slim psp?? and can i change 3.60 with 3.71 m33??

deepman5

I did everything you said and i put it in my psps and it installed it but when i turn my psp on the sony logo comes up then only a blue screen then it tuns off. i dont kno what to do -----------was I supposed to dump the nand?