• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I did everything you said and i put it in my psps and it installed it but when i turn my psp on the sony logo comes up then only a blue screen then it tuns off. i dont kno what to do -----------was I supposed to dump the nand?

Hold R during boot and go to Format flash1 and reset settings. See if that fixes it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The guide has been updated to use D_A's Despertar del Cementerio v4, so it will auto-install 3.80 M33-5 now.

Vaporized

Cool guide here, I'm now installing it (It's way too long).

Just asking,

I've wanted to update to 3.80 M33, but when I try the Original 3.80 M33 on the Dark_Alex site, It gave me an error.

So, I went to get a KeyCleaner and then found out that my Motherboard could not be determined from idStorage. After much asking, people say my keys have been corrupted/wrong, and they recommended me to this page.

So.. I still can update my M33 next time when a new version comes out right ?

Does this programs fix my corrupted keys ?

And I can still use OTHER memory cards for other games right ?

-----

Anyway, I found out that my Mac address is gone(I mean it's not on the 'System Information' page and I can't connect to other PSPs using wlan) I tried Mac address fixer but they give me another error, any help please ?

Acerthief

Cool guide here, I'm now installing it (It's way too long).

Just asking,

I've wanted to update to 3.80 M33, but when I try the Original 3.80 M33 on the Dark_Alex site, It gave me an error.

So, I went to get a KeyCleaner and then found out that my Motherboard could not be determined from idStorage. After much asking, people say my keys have been corrupted/wrong, and they recommended me to this page.

So.. I still can update my M33 next time when a new version comes out right ?

Does this programs fix my corrupted keys ?

And I can still use OTHER memory cards for other games right ?

-----

Anyway, I found out that my Mac address is gone(I mean it's not on the 'System Information' page and I can't connect to other PSPs using wlan) I tried Mac address fixer but they give me another error, any help please ?

With Pandora, Yes you may upgrade

The only fixable key now is key44 (Mac address), so it's impossible unless you get hold of a clean set of keys.

Sure, the memory stick doesn't matter.

Acerthief

Thanks, So how can I get my Mac Address back ?

The keys WILL be fixed just like a brand new PSP aye ?

I said it in another thread.
you can't just "fix" it, you'll need to overwrite some of it with a clean set.

Acerthief

Sorry, I'm new here.

Can I know HOW ?

The first thing is, you'll need to find a clean set of keys around the web (it's illegal so i can't help you on that.
Afterwards, download "IDStorage Manager v1.3"(in the development subforum), put all the keys in EXCEPT keys 0x44 0x50 ,0x100~0x106, 0x200~0x206, 0x140 in to a folder called "keys", and copy it in to the IDSM v1.3 folder.

Run IDSM v1.3 on the PSP, and choose to overwrite the keys.
Volia!

imuya

hi, can i check how long does it takes for step 9 to complete? i hit the R + X thingy and the screen shows me this:

Reading and checking ms0: /UPDATE.PBP

ERROR WHILE INITIALIZING: 0x8ca10002
Installing firmware to memorystick.
Hang on, this will take a while, time to get a coffee... ;-)

i'm been in this screen for like 10 mins or so.. does tat error on the first line is the main reason? anyone can help me out? thx in advance

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi, can i check how long does it takes for step 9 to complete? i hit the R + X thingy and the screen shows me this:

Reading and checking ms0: /UPDATE.PBP

ERROR WHILE INITIALIZING: 0x8ca10002
Installing firmware to memorystick.
Hang on, this will take a while, time to get a coffee... ;-)

i'm been in this screen for like 10 mins or so.. does tat error on the first line is the main reason? anyone can help me out? thx in advance

I think your UPDATE.PBP is incorrectly named. Try renaming it to just UPDATE... you probably have hide file extensions on, so it's hiding the .PBP part.

pspknightx

May i know that after making the magic card, how do format it back to a normal MS? As there is a partition made inside there.

Is it just format it through the PSP or from PC?

Acerthief

May i know that after making the magic card, how do format it back to a normal MS? As there is a partition made inside there.

Is it just format it through the PSP or from PC?

Actually, keep the things there. :D
Only the first few bytes are re-partitioned. You may still use the memory stick like normal.

pspknightx

What is the use of the first 250kb?

EeveeXIII

I upgraded my psp from 3.80 m33-5 to 3.90 m33 but irshell wont work anymore. So is it possible to use this software to downgrade back to 3.80?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I upgraded my psp from 3.80 m33-5 to 3.90 m33 but irshell wont work anymore. So is it possible to use this software to downgrade back to 3.80?

It should work... I don't believe anyone has tested it on 3.90 M33 yet though. But there is really no reason it shouldn't work.

EeveeXIII

alright....i got up to the part right after you convert your battery to pandora and have to restart to activate the service thing...but it just goes right into the xmb

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
alright....i got up to the part right after you convert your battery to pandora and have to restart to activate the service thing...but it just goes right into the xmb

So everything else worked fine? In that case, do you have a Slim PSP or regular? A regular PSP with the 1.5 kernel add-on installed should be able to run the original Pandora's battery creator.

Download it here, and copy the two folders inside the battery folder to GAME150: http://exophase.com/files/psp/pandora.zip

Make sure you backup your battery eeprom before converting, so you can use this program again once on 3.80 M33-5 to convert it back to normal.