• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
no errors at all,gives me a quick pandorized message,then I exit out.

I don't know what else to suggest then, other than trying a new battery. Using the Slim battery won't work though as they don't fit in Phat units.

dreamer3kx

ok thanks ill see what I can do.
One more thing, do I need to install anything else in this step?

20.Download the 1.50, 3.40, and 3.80 update EBOOT files.

I have 3.90m33 in my fat psp so I wasnt sure,thanks again.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok thanks ill see what I can do.
One more thing, do I need to install anything else in this step?

20.Download the 1.50, 3.40, and 3.80 update EBOOT files.

I have 3.90m33 in my fat psp so I wasnt sure,thanks again.

After you download those updates you need to run ""Despertar del Cementerio" from the Game menu. That's all.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I noticed when I run pandora installer my battery serial is 0x000....(multiple zero's).

Is that normal?

The convert battery to normal function writes 0x00000000 to the battery. So if you tried that it could explain why the serial is multiple zeros. But an unmodified battery should have a normal serial with a bunch of different numbers.

Serial 0xFFFFFFFF means the battery is a Pandora.

dreamer3kx

The convert battery to normal function writes 0x00000000 to the battery. So if you tried that it could explain why the serial is multiple zeros. But an unmodified battery should have a normal serial with a bunch of different numbers.

ok thanks,little by little ill figure out whats wrong.

dreamer3kx

I see serials 0x000.... and my normal serial but when I pandorize the battery its not 0xffff.....

The guide is great and makes it so easy so I know something isnt compatible.

JonC04

Yah... x3sphere, I already had a Magic Memory Stick and Pandora, but then I just wanted to upgrade my Magic Memory Stick so it will unbrick and downgrade to 3.80 M33-5 instead of 3.71 M33. So I just need to do the Magic Memory Stick part and I'm at the part with the 1.50 firmware update and when I clicked "X" it went to another blue screen that said:

Reading and checking ms0:/UPDATE.PBP

ERROR WHILE INITIALIZING: 0x8ca10002
Installing firmware to memorystick.
Hang on, this will take a while, time to get a coffee.... ;-)

So I was wondering if the Error is any problem, and I've been at it for about 30min and it's still on the screen... do I keep waiting, or should I turn off my PSP?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yah... x3sphere, I already had a Magic Memory Stick and Pandora, but then I just wanted to upgrade my Magic Memory Stick so it will unbrick and downgrade to 3.80 M33-5 instead of 3.71 M33. So I just need to do the Magic Memory Stick part and I'm at the part with the 1.50 firmware update and when I clicked "X" it went to another blue screen that said:

Reading and checking ms0:/UPDATE.PBP

ERROR WHILE INITIALIZING: 0x8ca10002
Installing firmware to memorystick.
Hang on, this will take a while, time to get a coffee.... ;-)

So I was wondering if the Error is any problem, and I've been at it for about 30min and it's still on the screen... do I keep waiting, or should I turn off my PSP?

That means it can't find the UPDATE.PBP. Are you sure it is named correctly? If you have hide file extensions enabled in Windows rename it to just "UPDATE" because the .PBP is there, but Windows is hiding the extension.

pspknightx

Can we create a Pandora Battery + Magic Stick under 3.80m33-5?
Plus, is there any application whereby we can switch our Pandora Battery back to normal under XMB ? I'd heard before someone saying that press L before booting up the PSP can switch between normal and pandora.

dreamer3kx

Plus, is there any application whereby we can switch our Pandora Battery back to normal under XMB ? I'd heard before someone saying that press L before booting up the PSP can switch between normal and pandora.

I believe you can create a Pandora+magic stick with 3.8m33,what Im wondering is if I can do it with 3.90m33???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Yes this program works under 3.80 M33-5 and 3.90 M33.

As for your other question, there is BOOSTER's multi boot loader. I don't know if it works on Slim units, but it allows you to use a Pandora battery as normal without converting it. There is a drawback to this though - Sleep mode does not work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How can you tell?

You're converting the battery on a Phat right? Then that doesn't apply... only certain Slim units are TA-085 v2.

tbh I think something is wrong with your battery. Maybe the EEPROM is damaged and therefore the PSP is unable to write to it.

pspknightx

How to use the multi boot loader? I was thinking to use it under 3.80m33-5, but the 5 ipl things i dont know how to choose.

zekemckillip

Okay, I'm new, and I got a slimPSP for christmas, and really could careless about the crap games released for it, what interests me is the GBA/SNES/NES emulators, so doing my digging I find that I need this homebrew thing, and apparently I have to have a homebrew PSP to make a homebrew PSP, well, issue with that is pretty obvious, so not knowing anyone with a Pandora's battery, is there a harder longer more frustrating way to do this without an already cracked PSP on the Slim?

dreamer3kx

You're converting the battery on a Phat right? Then that doesn't apply... only certain Slim units are TA-085 v2.

tbh I think something is wrong with your battery. Maybe the EEPROM is damaged and therefore the PSP is unable to write to it.

thanks for the help x3,very very much appreciated,Yea I think its the battery.

One last question(I think I said that a couple of posts above,lol).

Once I get 3.80m33 on the slim can I then go ahead and create a Pandora with the slim? Thanks again.