• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

synyster522

Do I skip step 16 because I'm using Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.XX/4.XX Kernels Revision 4a and I can't find what the guide tells me on the menu.

RadiantStorm

I was just wondering what does it mean by homebrew capable... you mean that it can be customed firmwared right?
and what does it mean by running 3.X OE kernel and then theres a / m33
what does it mean with the m33 in the requirment part of the guide
and whats TA-088 v3 units :p
and will this guide work with a 1200mAh slim battery?

I don't got a psp yet I want to do my research before this... thing
lol sorry if the questions don't make sense, thanks :p

aet92

The New one
1 homebrew capable capable means that has a custom firmware
2 i dont understand what are you trying to say
3 the m33 means that you have a custom firmare
4 TA-88V3 are the latest motherboard types and cant be Customizable with anything! and comes with the official 4.01!
5 yes this tutorial work with that battery!

RadiantStorm

1 homebrew capable capable means that has a custom firmware
2 i dont understand what are you trying to say
3 the m33 means that you have a custom firmare
4 TA-88V3 are the latest motherboard types and cant be Customizable with anything! and comes with the official 4.01!
5 yes this tutorial work with that battery!

o.o wait so if the requirments need a homebrew capable psp * then why is the guide showing you how to install a custom firmware if your psp has a custome firmware already installed?

basically, can you clear up what is a homebrew capable psp?

synyster522

After finally making my magic memory stick and pandora battery on by slim using a fat battery I inserted them into my original psp and there is no response, the green power light comes on as soon as I insert the battery but the screen remains blank,it doesn't matter what I put in first the memory stick or the battery STILL NO RESPONSE!!!
However when I attempt to enter recovery mode the screen lights up but once again "BLANK". I've actually gone through the guide twice with no mistakes. Plz plz someone help me.

pookguy88

Hi guys, I'm new here but I'm wondering how I can get the latest CFW on my PSP Slim. It's a little complicated though, I bought my PSP slim from Asia (Hong Kong) about 2 months ago and it has 3.95 on it. I'm not sure which motherboard version it has but I've ordered the Pandora battery from dealextreme. I've got a 1gb memory stick duo but from here I don't know what to do. All the guides I've read assume you have a phat PSP that already has CFW on it to make the magic memory stick, but I don't have one available. Basically all I have is the slim, the pandora battery and a 1gb card... can anyone give me some pointers on what I should do from here??

thanks!

gaspar

Hi guys, I'm new here but I'm wondering how I can get the latest CFW on my PSP Slim. It's a little complicated though, I bought my PSP slim from Asia (Hong Kong) about 2 months ago and it has 3.95 on it. I'm not sure which motherboard version it has but I've ordered the Pandora battery from dealextreme. I've got a 1gb memory stick duo but from here I don't know what to do. All the guides I've read assume you have a phat PSP that already has CFW on it to make the magic memory stick, but I don't have one available. Basically all I have is the slim, the pandora battery and a 1gb card... can anyone give me some pointers on what I should do from here??

thanks!

To make a Magic Memory Stick you need a PSP with a CFW not the other way.

Jake

Its what i used and i had no problems. Though on the slim it doesnt load a gui when you put the pandora battery in, you just press x to install 3.71m33 and wait until it turns off.

ragejaded

can i use that conversion ?? i have a new psp running 4.01OFW and i want to downgrade on any 3.xx/ so that i can download a iso games!!!! :(

gaspar

can i use that conversion ?? i have a new psp running 4.01OFW and i want to downgrade on any 3.xx/ so that i can download a iso games!!!! :(

You can use this method Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 4.01 M33-2 in a PSP with CFW 3.XX/4.XX

or

you can use this method TotalNewbieInstaller in computer to make a Magic Memory Stick.

ccchua22

hi X3sphere,
i have upgrade my phat psp to 4.01 M33-2 using normal updating. i try to boot up my previous magic memory stick using 3.80 which u teach before but cannot boot up by pressing L trigger, is it bcos of the Folder 4.xx kernel in the recovery mode?