• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

PaulPhoenix

I r likes teh kittiezzz!!!! ^w^
Oh my you reply so quickly @.@
But yea, it's the same battery that followed, I don't think we ever "reconverted" the battery, since we didn't think it would ever convert but yea... so I could try right now...
And the results are:

Boots up normally.

The battery came in the box though, didn't get any... "outside the box" batteries with it @_@.
And the model is:

"MODEL PSP-S110 Li-ion
BATTERY PACK 3.6V = 1200mAh

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
MADE IN JAPAN"

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Oh my you reply so quickly @.@
But yea, it's the same battery that followed, I don't think we ever "reconverted" the battery, since we didn't think it would ever convert but yea... so I could try right now...
And the results are:

Boots up normally.

The battery came in the box though, didn't get any... "outside the box" batteries with it @_@.
And the model is:

"MODEL PSP-S110 Li-ion
BATTERY PACK 3.6V = 1200mAh

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
MADE IN JAPAN"

And you tried booting without the memory stick inserted right? If so, seems to me like this is an issue with the battery then. Can you try using your friend's battery instead?

PaulPhoenix

Well, i just figured out.. it's not my friends battery that is m33 bootable, that was just the PSP m33 modified recovery system when holding down R at startup, so his battery is also normal.
More and more points to this being a battery unable to be converted.

I will try to buy another battery as soon as I can, but I can't find any shops or online stores in my country that sells any of the compatible batteries.
Another option I have is to use another battery conversion tool, but it just... won't be the same. :(
Do any of you know where I can get a hold of Pandora Installer, something? <_<

Oh and yea, we will try right away to convert his battery to see any changes. T_T

UPDATE: It seems like the "MADE IN CHINA" version of the same battery gave off the same results... =(
I guess it's the battery then, since the programs are running fine on PSP #1, except that it gives incorrect message when completed, for me atleast @_@.

PaulPhoenix

I was wondering though, if hardmodding the slim & lite battery would allow it to be converted.
As seeing on youtube, they first hardmod it before they convert it with the magic memory stick, or am I on a totally different track?

if hardmodding doesn't work, I really need to get a hold of a "real bootable pandora battery", somehow. @_@

I just read this on someone's blog though:
"Note, if you get 0

PaulPhoenix

I see now..

The reason why none of this has worked is because...

The first post, (The tutorial) is incorrect.

"Apart from TA-088 v3 units, the process works on all previous "Phat" and Slim PSP hardware revisions to date."

If it only had mentioned that TA-085 v2 does not support it either, then I wouldn't have wasted so much time on... trying so hard. @_@

tavrez

I see now..

The reason why none of this has worked is because...

The first post, (The tutorial) is incorrect.

"Apart from TA-088 v3 units, the process works on all previous "Phat" and Slim PSP hardware revisions to date."

If it only had mentioned that TA-085 v2 does not support it either, then I wouldn't have wasted so much time on... trying so hard. @_@

this program work on TA-085 v2, but you can't convert a battery on this type of motherboard(TA-085 v2 and higher version can't create pandora battery)
if you create a battery in another type of psp, you can run DC7 on any psp except TA-088v3

PaulPhoenix

I am fully aware of what you are saying, and I already knew that from the start.

'This tutorial will guide you through the process of creating a "Pandora's Battery" and a "magic memory stick,"', That is the proccess I was reffering to.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I added a note in the guide, to warn that you won't be able to convert a battery to Pandora on TA-085 v2+ units.

Usually, though, Hellcat's program should notify you if the motherboard is compatible or not. It's odd that it didn't.

yuspam

I have a PSP that is bricked that has 4.01 M33 already installed, so when I go to use the Pandora and Magic Pro Duo, do I "Install 4.01 M33"?

duh.dong

when i ran the Pandora Installer, i get this warning message..

This program has detected a PSP Slim&Lite TA-085-v2 or newer mainboard.
On these mainboards, it is NOT possible to patch a battery into service mode a.k.a Pandora.

You can still use any other functions of this program as well, as an existing Pandora to boot into service mode, you just can't patch the battery yourself on this PSP.

.. should i still continue with the process?

the reason why i'm going to downgrade is because the techinicians that i've brought the unit has no clue how to fix the wifi problem on my unit. they said that it maybe been the software upgrade that caused the problem since they've checked the hardware and that it didn't have a problem ..

snirky

Hi, i'm new to this forum and CFW.

A couple months back i bricked my psp fat when attempting to upgrade it from 3.72m33-4 to 3.80m33. I did not back up my IDstorage then and the best me and my friends could do was to get it back to 3.72m33-4 but my UMD reader and wLan doesn't work.

When despertar del cementerio v.7 came out saying that it could restore my IDstorage keys, I decided to give it a try. I followed all the steps stated, but when i insert a normal battery, my psp does not boot up and i am also unable to access the recovery menu. However, i am still able to boot up the pandoras battery.

Please give me some advice.

andrewwan1980

xSphere, is it possible to use OSPT OpenSourcePandoraTool instead of HellCat's formater?

I mean, is TimeMachine a requirement? Is it possible to mark some of your steps as optional if they are really optional?

I've already followed another tutorial using OpenSourcePandora & DC5. Can I keep my magic stick and just update it with DC7?

I briefly read the readme.txt that comes with DC7 and it just says copy DC7 and 401 update and run. No formating required.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I briefly read the readme.txt that comes with DC7 and it just says copy DC7 and 401 update and run. No formating required.

If you already have a previous version of DC installed you can do that. This guide is mainly for people who don't already have a magic memory stick. Beginning with DC6, TimeMachine is required if you're setting up a stick for the first time... since some IPL files need to be installed on the stick.

andrewwan1980

I am using the popsloader that Dark Alex made for 3.71. I made pops 3.40 & 3.72. Let's call this popsloader v3.71.

After upgrading to CFW 3.90 I think I had to update my popsloader to v3.90 too otherwise it wouldn't run.

Now I have upgraded to 4.01 CFW. Was there a popsloader v4.01 associated with this CFW? If not, I could try my popsloader v3.90 to see if it still works (but I doubt it).

Fingers crossed.

PS: That's really strange. Cory's Pandora Installer has now installed half of Pandora into my PSP memory stick? Coz I put in my Pandora battery and it boots my PSP normally (if I don't press the UP arrow). And it appears to the PSP that this is a normal battery???!?! It wasn't like this when using original Fanjita Pandora or OpenSourcePandora. Is this the special thing about Cory's Pandora? It's so weird that it made me believe that the Pandora battery I made using OpenSourcePandora didn't work.

Someone really should write up a difference/comparison in using the 3 different Pandora Installers:

Original Fanjita (from Edinburgh): only for Classic Phat PSP, and Pandora battery is not duel purpose.
OpenSource Pandora: (same as Original Fanjita)
Cory's Hellish Cat: duel purpose Pandora battery, can operate normal and as a pandora battery using a hot key (UP) during boot..

x_fox81

hey guys, im sorry if i've have miss any pervious threat on this issue as i've went through but in vain.

Found a Phat with 3.10 OEA in it.. Am i able to use my MMS which i created using this threat on the phat & upgrade straight to 4.01M-22?

Am i right that i just convert the phat batt into pandora using hellcat's application?
Thanks!

All right guys.. ignore the above i just mentioned... Tried on the phat with my MMS & pandorise the phat batt using hellcat's application & now its up good & running on 4.01M-22

yakumo

hie, i am thinking on how to unbrick a psp that was given by my friend after he got another psp,
i already have magic memory card and pandora battery.

the problem is , when the magic memory card is already placed into the brick psp and i put in the pandora battery , as usual i hold the up key as soon as the battery is placed, but its not reading the memory card and the screen never even blink a sec like i tryed on my another psp.

so anyway to resolve this or its totally dead psp?

thanks in advance

InsertDisc

will this work with a slim battery?

Yes, depending on the battery you have!

Known compatible batteries:

* Sony PSP 1800mAh Battery Pack
* Datel PSP Battery 3600mAh 2X
* Datel PSP Battery 1800 MaxPower
* Sony PSP-280 2200mAh
* Atomic Battery Pack 3.6v 1800 mAh

By the way, you can add Sony PSP 3.6v - 1200mAh to that list! (Mine, worked perfeclty)