• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This guide does not work with the latest Hellcat installer, that's why revision 3b is linked. Either way, the end result is the same. It's just easier for me to stick with this one since if a new DC version is released, I can update it quickly. I was considering to rewrite it based around the latest installer but decided not to in the end because of this.

It's possible to follow the guide if I'm running on CFW 3.90M33 right?

And I'm using a PSP Slim also.

You can follow this guide on any recent custom firmware - from 3.x M33 to 5.x M33.

is there any risk by making it on a psp slim with a custom firmware of 4.01m33 and also using a sony official battery 3.6V 1200MAH cause i scare it would spoil my friend psp.
And also 1 more question if the magic memory stick and pandora battery is done making can it make a ofw of 5.00 to cfw 4.01m33?

Yes it can. No risk, but you might want to convert your friends battery back after.

ncdcc995

er i wanna ask that what u mean by "if X is ur drive button" what would happen if i just put the UPDATE file without the "X" at the root of the memory card?

amyu01

hi guys,
i'm still nood in psp.. n just notice this forum for couple of day.. i just wondering can i un brick a psp 2004 with TA-088v3 -4.01 ofw using the stated method? a friend of mine had a cfw psp so i can create a pandora bat with it and the magic card also... can i unbrick it?

thanks in advance,
(p/s-sorry for the bad english)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi guys,
i'm still nood in psp.. n just notice this forum for couple of day.. i just wondering can i un brick a psp 2004 with TA-088v3 -4.01 ofw using the stated method? a friend of mine had a cfw psp so i can create a pandora bat with it and the magic card also... can i unbrick it?

thanks in advance,
(p/s-sorry for the bad english)

No, this does not work TA-088 v3. No solution currently exists to install custom firmware on those units.

so there's only 1.50 ofw and 4.01 ofw needed for all install?

Correct.

ncdcc995

er i wanted to ask 2 more question
1.can i downgrade an ofw of 5.00 to cfw 4.01m33 using these pandora battery and magic memory stick?
2.will the motherboard of the psp changes if i downgrade ofw5.00 to cfw4.01m33?

sorry for so much question just to make sure...

jtan710

Baned
Help

Does this method work on psp slim s that have a TA-088 motherboard running 5.00m33-4
pls reply asap:smile::smile::smile:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sony PSP 3.6v - 1200mAh made in china battery can't be use as pandora battery!!!

The issue here most likely is that the battery you have is fake. It probably still works fine, but these batteries are made with cheaper components and often are missing the writable EEPROM required for Pandora creation.

mathanrae

the best! dark_alex, hellcat and x3sphere, thanks! got my bricked PSP phat up and running! other guides were hard to understand and did not work for me. took me 3 hours and stumbled upon x3sphere's guide. and it worked in minutes! thanks a lot! now i can use my unit as service mode too. make a little dough outta those who are not too techie in my place...thanks go out to my good old pal gadz for letting me borrow his PSP. which i in turn upgraded. thanks!!!

Paddlebiker112

new to ownloading but having trouble with my psp. it keeps bugging out and finally shutting down I was using firmware 500m33.hope this works and thanks in advance

Fred Smith

Cleaned a cluttered Pandora MS

Can someone confirm my logic please?

I have a Pandora MS which I have timemachine and DC5 thru DC8 installed. I thought this was a little cluttered so I did some looking. I found the config.txt file under the TM directory. Inside it looked like this:

UP = "/TM/DC8/ipl.bin";
UP = "/TM/DC7/ipl.bin";
UP = "/TM/DC6/ipl.bin";
UP = "/TM/DC5/ipl.bin";
CROSS = "/TM/150/ipl.bin";
CIRCLE = "/TM/150_340/ipl.bin";
TRIANGLE = "/TM/340OE/ipl.bin";
SQUARE = "/TM/360M33/ipl.bin";
UP = "/TM/pandora.bin";

This looked like a problem waiting to happen. All the DC's were linked to the Up button. I changed the DC7 thru DC5 to left, right and down and tried the stick with the Pandora battery. I now could select which DC I wanted to use. Trying each, I found that using the "Test M33" on DC6 and DC7 it booted my PS from the MS stick and the firmware was 4.01M33-2. See this and not really needing DC5, I removed the DC5 and DC6 directories under the TM directory and also the DC5 and DC6 directories under PSP\GAME directory. I then reconfigured the config.txt file to look like this:

UP = "/TM/DC8/ipl.bin";
LEFT = "/TM/DC7/ipl.bin";
CROSS = "/TM/150/ipl.bin";
CIRCLE = "/TM/150_340/ipl.bin";
TRIANGLE = "/TM/340OE/ipl.bin";
SQUARE = "/TM/360M33/ipl.bin";
UP = "/TM/pandora.bin";

Now I can select if I want to install 4.01M33-2 or 5.00M33-4 just by the key I hold down.

I also now only have the following files in the root of the MS:

msipl.bin
150.PBP
340.PBP
401.PBP
500.PBP
UPDATE.PBP (this is the same size as the 150PBP; not sure why it there but I left it)

Now for my question. Can I be assured that by using the "Test M33" menu item that either process will convert a PSP without bricking it? I had great confidence when the stick was untouched by me and had up to 4.01M33-2 and I have convert many PSP's for friends.

Thanks for the analysis.

ahtoot89

URGETNT!!(lol)

hihi can anyone give me any advice to this big question marks that i have??

Q1: Can i convert another PSP's memory stick + battery and then use it on a PSP Slim with 5.00 OFM so as to convert it into custom firmware??

Q2: Does converting the memory stick into a "magic memory stick" affect it in any other ways except for the fact that it helps with the converting of firmware?? Or simply put does it function like a normal memory stick with just an additional attribute that allows users to convert firmware??

Q3:How do i execute all the steps that are stated in this thread when i'm actually using a PSP Slim with 5.00 OFM?? I can't even into the recovery mode!!!!

Any help and advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED as i can save some big bucks if i send my PSP to the workshop to convert it back to CFM!

smjnc

BEST GUIDE ON INTERNET

hey i just joined so i could say thanks for a great guide and way easy to follow steps. and its amazing, a guide that all the links work! thanks a million. i downgraded my psp daxter fresh out the box. ofw 3.80. many thanks have a merry christmas.

smjnc

hihi can anyone give me any advice to this big question marks that i have??

Q1: Can i convert another PSP's memory stick + battery and then use it on a PSP Slim with 5.00 OFM so as to convert it into custom firmware??

Q2: Does converting the memory stick into a "magic memory stick" affect it in any other ways except for the fact that it helps with the converting of firmware?? Or simply put does it function like a normal memory stick with just an additional attribute that allows users to convert firmware??

Q3:How do i execute all the steps that are stated in this thread when i'm actually using a PSP Slim with 5.00 OFM?? I can't even into the recovery mode!!!!

Any help and advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED as i can save some big bucks if i send my PSP to the workshop to convert it back to CFM!

1) if your psp came with 5.00 ofw, no. anything over 4.01 has a new mobo. some 2000's have new mobo too. not just 3000

2) after you are done creating the magic memory just reformat it. go to system settings, format memory stick. im pretty sure you cant still use it like normal.

3) wel if you have a t88v3 you cant get into recovery mode wit pandora. but if not and u have an older slim you will be just fine if you follow the instructions to the letter. i used a fat battery pandora and it worked just fine its not like wit the fat psp i had to pop in the battery like 3-4 times the it finely kicked into recovery.

ps-i accidentally upgraded my fat to ofw 5.00 and downgraded just fine.

shayan316

i downgraded my psp to 1.50 before i saw this thread, so can i upgrade it to 5.00 m33-4 directly or do i have to do something before aswell. Please tell all the steps i hav to do to upgrade it to 5.00 m33-4

Experimental

hey guise.
i just tried doing this on my phat psp with CFW 3.52 m33-4
and on step 27 i executed "Despertar del Cementerio v8" and all i get is a black screen then my psp turns off..
can anyone help me here? have i done something wrong or is it my psp?

thanks in advance.

nrlstar

gday nice post, i have i question, i have 2 psps one slim which is 3.90m33-3(TA-085) and a fat psp which is 4.05(HACKABLE PSP),but you see i wont to use the slim to make a jigkick battery and mms stick for the fat psp,could i use this to make it?
thanks nrlstar