• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

b4k4kun

i'm curious, if i already created the magic memory stick with dc2, and then i get dc3, what exactly do i need to do to update it? or should i recreate the whole stick?

*edit* rereading it, i'm thinking all we have to do is redo the copying of dc, and no need to play around with dos?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i'm curious, if i already created the magic memory stick with dc2, and then i get dc3, what exactly do i need to do to update it? or should i recreate the whole stick?

Just following steps 7-10 is sufficient.

7. Download the Universal Pandora Files ZIP

8. Extract the ZIP using WinRAR or similar utility. Inside, you should see a "despertar_cementerio" folder. Copy this folder to "X:/PSP/GAME" on the memory stick.

9. Download the 1.50, 3.40, and 3.71 update EBOOT files.

Once finished downloading, the files should already be named as follows:

* 150.PBP
* 340.PBP
* 371.PBP

If the file names match, then copy each file to the memory stick root (i.e. X:/)

10. Exit USB mode. Now navigate to the Game menu on PSP and execute the application "Despertar del Cementerio"

Friscoway

yeah, if you used despertar cementerio it will work with the Slim. Also Video-out works fine on 3.71 M33.

Yes it did worked fine!!!

but how should I do to play homebrew made for 1.50? example PSPUZZLE

in the recovery menu i couldn't see the option kernel for 1.50 or 3.03
as i do with 3.40 oe

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yes it did worked fine!!!

but how should I do to play homebrew made for 1.50? example PSPUZZLE

in the recovery menu i couldn't see the option kernel for 1.50 or 3.03
as i do with 3.40 oe

Phat or Slim?

For Phat there is a 1.50 kernel patch available:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3814

As for Slim the 1.50 kernel is currently unavailable, so you can use a loader called eLoader which will run most 1.50 applications.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3540

gargoyle67

Great Guide converted battery and flashed no probs thanks guys, Just a quick question though ;) can I still charge my pandora's battery when I put it in my slim ?

Acerthief

Great Guide converted battery and flashed no probs thanks guys, Just a quick question though ;) can I still charge my pandora's battery when I put it in my slim ?

basically you just charge it like a normal battery, so i guess you can.:)

tiny

Wow

thanks a lot for for your post i have now 2 psp's pink and black working :biggrin:

MY 2 pence worth on resetting the Pandora's Battery Back to Normal

TAKE THE BATTERY OUT

BOOT THE PSP WITH THE MAINS CABLE ATTACHED

PUT THE BATTERY BACK ON THE PSP

SELECT GAME,RUN OS PANDORA BATTERY TOOL 0.2 again! this time you put the battery back to normal mode :w00t:

SIT BACK AND GRIN YOUR PSP BATTERY IS BACK AS IT WAS
:smile:

TO GET THE PSP playing to its full functionality IN addition to first post on this thread

YOU HAVE TO RUN 1.50 kernel addon 2 (Dark AleX)

http://dl.qj.net/1.50-kernel-addon-2-(Dark-AleX)-PSP/pg/12/fid/14744/catid/163

jimex289

What kind of memory sticks are compatible with this hack and custom firmware? Also, this enables the playing of downloaded/pirated games? How do you go about that? Is there a certain folder or directory you put all the games in?

Darkchild

The Doctor
basically any memory stick that has capacity more than 64mb. Btw, piracy is not supported in this forum.

Any memory stick BETWEEN 64mb and 2GB and kudos on knowing the rules ;)

What kind of memory sticks are compatible with this hack and custom firmware? Also, this enables the playing of downloaded/pirated games? How do you go about that? Is there a certain folder or directory you put all the games in?

Unfortunately it does, however it was not intended for that, it was intended to player your OWN dumps from your OWN games!
and yes, piracy is not supported in this forum, for downloaded games... I cannot help you... "Forum policies" XD

jason212

Good job! really work. One quesion is slim downgradable (just like wat we did by using pandora battery for psp standard). tks!!

Regards,
Jason Foo

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well you don't "downgrade", it writes an 3.71 IPL, and some homebrew/ISO enable files into flash0.

I'm not sure if you still need 3.60 on your slim. You'll hafta wait for x3's answer to this.

If you followed this guide to make your magic memory stick, then yes, you can a restore a Slim straight to 3.71 M33-2.

jimex289

Any memory stick BETWEEN 64mb and 2GB and kudos on knowing the rules ;)

Unfortunately it does, however it was not intended for that, it was intended to player your OWN dumps from your OWN games!
and yes, piracy is not supported in this forum, for downloaded games... I cannot help you... "Forum policies" XD

No I can help myself with that because there are games out there like I will buy when I get the PSP. I've just been hearing that you get faster load times when it's on the stick, instead of loading off the UMD itself. But I've been hearing people having trouble getting even dumped games to work.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
No I can help myself with that because there are games out there like I will buy when I get the PSP. I've just been hearing that you get faster load times when it's on the stick, instead of loading off the UMD itself. But I've been hearing people having trouble getting even dumped games to work.

yea,the memory stick does work a hell of a lot better.on Ghost In The Shell,i'd say it cut the loading time to a third at least.

i havent had any trouble getting my dumped games to work in 3.71M33 either

jimex289

I have another question. How would the upgrading of OFW to CFW affect the playability of actual UMD game discs. Let's just say I didn't want to play the backed up/dumped version on the stick, but actual play from the UMD itself. Is there possibly a case where the game doesn't work because of the CFW on the PSP as opposed to OFW? I've heard that recently new games have OFW upgrades directly on them since some people don't have access to WiFi. What would happen if you needed to upgrade your current FW using the upgrade on the UMD...but your current FW is CFW.. Does custom firmware affect the playability of ANY UMD at all? Thanks again.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I have another question. How would the upgrading of OFW to CFW affect the playability of actual UMD game discs. Let's just say I didn't want to play the backed up/dumped version on the stick, but actual play from the UMD itself. Is there possibly a case where the game doesn't work because of the CFW on the PSP as opposed to OFW? I've heard that recently new games have OFW upgrades directly on them since some people don't have access to WiFi. What would happen if you needed to upgrade your current FW using the upgrade on the UMD...but your current FW is CFW.. Does custom firmware affect the playability of ANY UMD at all? Thanks again.

The only way which custom firmware effect the play of actual UMDs is the CPU speed- you can set it up, therefore resulting in faster load speeds and less lag. You cannot upgrade to any official firmware from a CFW, don't worry about that.

jimex289

I think you misunderstood my question and sorry for being so wordy before. I'll just be simpler this time. Does Dark Alex's CFW provide all the functionality of the latest Sony FW, plus the ability to play homebrew games? If so, I have no need to worry because all he did was add something on and not change anything. Otherwise...

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I think you misunderstood my question and sorry for being so wordy before. I'll just be simpler this time. Does Dark Alex's CFW provide all the functionality of the latest Sony FW, plus the ability to play homebrew games? If so, I have no need to worry because all he did was add something on and not change anything. Otherwise...

Yes, that is the whole point of CFW, mate. It has all of the functionality of the official, with the added ability to play homebrew and self-dumped ISOs off of your memstick. There is only additions to CFW, nothing is taken away.