• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Vagrant story EBOOT

Di Vaio

i tried FF8, Resident Evil 3, 2 different copies of Vagrant Story ported by 2 different people and Quake 2. the only game that worked was quake 2. this is very frustrating .

There is a guide here on setting up popsloader:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5531

It does not pertain specifically to the 5.00 popsloader but the steps to dump the firmware are the same either way. So, follow that guide but use the 5.00 popsloader module instead, not the 3.80 M33 version that is linked in the post.

i didn't realize you posted this before my last two replies, i'll try it out and get back to you

didn't work
started NEW PSAR DUMPER and got this error message:
"psar too big recompile with bigger buffer"
now what should i do?

angelsniper45

No triple posting is one thing.

Maybe you should downgrade back to 3.71 or what ever you were using and then upgrade from that.

What other games have you used that work?

Di Vaio

the only PSX game that i tried that worked was quake 2

angelsniper45

hmmmm thats odd. sorry about the triple posting accusation, i must have been looking at something else.

Something is definetly wrong with the posploader prx, but i dont have experience in that area.

Di Vaio

its all good,
umn... yeah when i go to do step 10
"10. Now enable the plugin. To do this, boot your PSP into recovery mode by holding R when turning the power switch on, then enter plugins, and enable popsloader.prx. Exit recovery mode."

when i go into plugins the "popsloader.prx" isn't there, only option is to go back.
if i should downgrade can someone provide the right downgrade process... although i really don't want to downgrade, sounds like a pain in the ass.

Di Vaio

shit fuck

in the seplugins folder i have "pops.text file, popsloader folder & popsloader.prx. 5.00 version
a.k.a. what i downloaded when using the exophase guide & the guide i used from another site, i tried each one MULTIPLE times.
what the fuck man. this fucking blows.

and one more thing.
where the hell did you get that weird ass video in your signature?
its almost disturbing but for some reason i can't stop watching it.

:crying::confused1::w00t::bored::eek:hmy:

J

jx233

Di Vaio said:
in the seplugins folder i have "pops.text file, popsloader folder & popsloader.prx. 5.00 version
a.k.a. what i downloaded when using the exophase guide & the guide i used from another site, i tried each one MULTIPLE times.
what the fuck man. this fucking blows.

Use the Popsloader Install Guide for 3.80 M33, 3.90 M33; but use the PSAR Dumper for firmware 5.00 and the Popsloader for 5.00 M33-2.

Di Vaio said:
and one more thing.
where the hell did you get that weird ass video in your signature?
its almost disturbing but for some reason i can't stop watching it.

:crying::confused1::w00t::bored::eek:hmy:

I thought it was funny so I put it in my signature. :D

Here's where I found it: Where is this clip from?

Di Vaio

some pregress and yet another failure...

Use the Popsloader Install Guide for 3.80 M33, 3.90 M33; but use the PSAR Dumper for firmware 5.00 and the Popsloader for 5.00 M33-2.

I did what you said and it initially worked. popsloader was initially enabled automatically. when i started the game pops asked me which firmware so i chose 3.10 (the firmware version i used the psardumper with). the PSP responded with "The game could not be started (8002013C)" WTF!?!

J

jx233

Di Vaio said:
I did what you said and it initially worked. popsloader was initially enabled automatically. when i started the game pops asked me which firmware so i chose 3.10 (the firmware version i used the psardumper with). the PSP responded with "The game could not be started (8002013C)" WTF!?!

Try this PSAR Dumper. This one should work with dumping firmware Version 3.10.

Di Vaio

and again.

didn't work again.

"The game could not be started (8002013C)":crying:

J

jx233

Put PSAR dumper into the folder GAME4XX. Literally make a folder called GAME4XX, not GAME401.

Di Vaio

Put PSAR dumper into the folder GAME4XX. Literally make a folder called GAME4XX, not GAME401.

NEW_PSARDUMPER doesn't show up in Memory stick menu when i do that. you wanted me to run the who process again using the psardumper from that location right? X/PSP/GAME4XX?

J

jx233

Di Vaio said:
NEW_PSARDUMPER doesn't show up in Memory stick menu when i do that. you wanted me to run the who process again using the psardumper from that location right? X/PSP/GAME4XX?

[ms0:/PSP/GAME4XX] it is.

Also, I read your older posts, under you are running 4.01 M33-2. Sorry for giving links the 5.00 popsloader. If you are on 4.01 M33-2, use the 3.80 popsloader found in the Popsloader Install Guide for 3.80 M33, 3.90 M33.

Di Vaio

[ms0:/PSP/GAME4XX] it is.

Also, I read your older posts, under you are running 4.01 M33-2. Sorry for giving links the 5.00 popsloader. If you are on 4.01 M33-2, use the 3.80 popsloader found in the Popsloader Install Guide for 3.80 M33, 3.90 M33.

after i began this thread someone suggested that i upgrade to 5.00 M33-6 so i did do the upgrade.
I am now running 5.00 M33-6...

so any other suggestions? the GAME4XX doesn't show up...

Alex

if your on 5.01m33 then put it in a folder called GAME5XX <again make it

Di Vaio

if your on 5.01m33 then put it in a folder called GAME5XX <again make it

5.00 M33-6 is the latest CFW, that's what i have.

what else can i try?

J

jx233

Did you get PSAR dumper working yet or do you still get the same error?

J

jx233

That is wierd. I guess now the only way to fix this problem is to return to an older firmware (example: 3.90 M33-3).

Prepare a Pandora's Battery and MagicStick and downgrade. :smile: