• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What Albums Did You Listen To Today?

Riorio99

Alestorm's Back Through Time, cracking album, but it's stolen by their cover of Lazytown's You Are A Pirate.

DylanDangles

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Bad Meets Evil - Hell the Sequel. A lot of tight shit on here. Really should be looked into further. In terms of collaboration rap EPs. This sets up Jay and Kanyes' record quite nicely in terms of anticipation.

Suicide Silence - The Black Crown. Riff riff riff. Scream scream scream. Disappointment.

Ghost - Opus Eponymous. If the Beach Boys and Mercyful Fate had a love-child. This band would be the hellspawn to come from that type of combo. Good record. It brings melody back to metal.

Robby

Los Doyers!
The Game - R.E.D. Album
Kanye and Jay - Watch The Throne
Minus the Bear - OMNI
Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP
Breathe Carolina - Hell is what you make it

HerpDerp

Wubwubwub
Just finished PowerGlove's "Saturday Morning Apocalypse" album. Gotta say, I love it. Gonna check out their other albums.

Riorio99

Re-listening to ...And Justice For All. It's definitely an amazing album, but even at this point, Metallica were already starting to miss Cliff Burton. Still properly good, though.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Opeth - Heritage

Opeth is still brilliant. Though this is gonna piss some fans off for the lack of death growls. If I were to rank Opeth's releases including this it would look like this:

1- Still Life
2- Ghost Reveries
3- Blackwater Park
4- Damnation
5- Deliverance
6- Watershed
7- Heritage
8- Orchid
9- My Arms, Your Hearse
10- Morningrise (Black Rose Immortal is still my favorite Opeth song)

In other words, fantastic band is still fantastic.

Riorio99

I really, really don't rate heritage at all. It's just kinda... boring.

The new Anthrax, on the other hand, is brilliant.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
I feel like everyone here should know about this album and this band.

Hospice

The Antlers

Genre: Indie rock/slowcore
(It's a concept album, so the focus is on the story it tells)

5BIzr.jpg

This is basically the sole work of Peter Silberman and his first major breakthrough as an artist. He wrote it during a self-imposed exile (Bon Iver anyone?) and the whole album tells the story of the abusive relationship between a hospice worker and a terminally ill patient. He refuses to go into detail about the story so most people think it's a story heavily relating to him. Anyway, after writing it he recruited two members to help produce the album and form the band The Antlers.

It's probably my favourite album of all-time after over a hundred listens, and I know how big a claim that is. No other album I've listened to has had this kind of depth and emotion behind it. Right, I'll stop with the soppiness and link to the first song, pay attention to the lyrics and you'll know what I mean. Also a warning, the story is extremely sad and depressing when you listen to it all the way through, though that's probably what makes it so powerful. So if you want to listen to something cheerful, gtfo now.

[video=youtube;ijf8MN0-nEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijf8MN0-nEI[/video]

eldiablov

Contributor
Also a warning, the story is extremely sad and depressing when you listen to it all the way through, though that's probably what makes it so powerful. So if you want to listen to something cheerful, gtfo now.
[/CENTER]

Yeah, no kidding. The epilogue hit me like a fucking train.

Sylvia has got to be my favourite track on that album, think the entire album will become a favourite. Thanks a lot for the recommendation.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Enter Shikari - A Flash Flood of Colour

Probably gonna be my first album purchase of the year.

Dan

Contributor
Bon Iver - Bon Iver

A year old but it's still so ridiculously good.

[video=youtube;gv3Gtf94o6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv3Gtf94o6w[/video]

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Cœur de Pirate - Blonde
Malajube - Labyrinthes

Both are in french, but both are good enough to ignore the obvious fact that I can't understand a fucking word.