• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What headphones/earbuds/IEMs do you have?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
My wallet is going to hate me but I just decided to bite the bullet and order a pair of HD650 headphones. Cost me $319 at J&R. I'll post photos / impressions when I get them. Not sure if I'll sell my HD-555s yet.

LocutusEstBorg

My wallet is going to hate me but I just decided to bite the bullet and order a pair of HD650 headphones. Cost me $319 at J&R. I'll post photos / impressions when I get them. Not sure if I'll sell my HD-555s yet.

You won't get more than 50$ for them. Might as well keep it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
That's fucking ridiculous. But...whatever floats your boat...

IMO: there are worse things to blow money on :p And considering I'll be using them almost every day, I can justify spending this much.

Colm

iPod headphones.
Considering buying a Creative Fatal1ty gaming headset, it has a detatchable mic, so I can use it as something better than this shitty setup.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Got my 650s :D

sen650small.jpg

senhd650small2.jpg

senhd650small3.jpg

Amazing cans... I think I've finally found what I'm looking for in a headphone, they are perfect in my mind. These have filled the void on everything I felt was lacking on the 555s, particularly in the bass department. The bass really has impact on these, but at the same time it's never boomy or overly exaggerated, it has real weight behind it and is fast and punchy.

SQ-wise not a HUGE difference from the 555s, but still a notable improvement, I am noticing more details in my music that I never heard before. Had an eagasm moment when listening to the Metal Gear Solid theme on these phones. Mids are liquid smooth and highs, while not as harsh when compared to the 555s, are crystal clear. The imaging is simply incredible... very precise... when listening to classical I feel as if I'm really there, sitting in a live concert. I don't find these headphones dark or "veiled" either as some reviews have pointed out - perhaps I'm just used to the Sennhesier sound, though. I'm running these out of an iBasso D2 amp. Also I've only listened on them for a few hours now, so still far from fully breaking them in. They were quite expensive ($319 + the $170 amp, which is a must IMO)... but worth every penny to me. I truly get the feeling I'm listening to some recordings for the first time with these, which is something I can't put a price on. The upcoming HD800 might be better... but I can tell you, after hearing these I'm more than content. Can't see myself ever upgrading again :D

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So jealous ;_;

Good enough to tell V0 from FLAC?

I find V0 to be nearly indistinguishable from a FLAC. I say nearly because I feel like I perceive a difference. When I did an ABX test on R

Helspawn50

I bought the Radius Atomic Bass in ear phones. and they are the best i have owned. my last pair was the SkullCandy Titan and they were the best till i got a hold of these puppies. and if these break next i am goin to try me some V-moda.

Seth

MD Party Room
I think I got some updating to do,

Lady Gaga HeartBeats [$50]
Sennheiser HD 555 [100]
Ipod Headphones [ free?]
JVC Gumy Earbud [10]
Sony Fashion Earbuds [10]

Riorio99

I have a pair of cheap in-ear Sony ones that are pretty damn good for the price, and a pair of SkullCandy Lowrider on-ear headphones, which I got for free with my Phone. Damn good pair, but they feel super-flimsy.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Dr. Dre Beats Studio

Amazing sound quality, and I was able to get them for $180 on ebay.

Cryox

Bro.
Just picked up the Skullcandy Titans to replace my broken iPod headphones. Pretty good sound quality from what I have heard so far.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I lost my main pair of headphones while going to work. Not sure where they are; could be around the house, my grandparents, out on the street, who knows. I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones soon if I can't find them, will only buy when they are on sale: and "they" could be anything so long as it's a good price

xploren

Contributor
I have three sets of WeSC headphones. One is a pair of Blue Iris Congas, one is a pair of red and white Congas, and the last is a limited-edition Cassius collaboration. I tend to simply use the default iPod earbuds for now... my in-ear ones used to be a set of Zune earphones I got for free at Club Bing, though.

CASHMON3Y

I used to have a pair of V-Moda bass freq's, but I lost those. I just recently bought a pair of Sennheiser CX400's and loving them! Only like $35 through Amazon, and normally they are around $100. The cord to the actual ear bud seems a little flimsy though, so I hope they hold up.