• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi What is your latest game

Joey

Just because we have those doesn't mean that graphics are a deciding factor. They matter sure, but you shouldn't just refuse a game because of the graphics. Most of the Wii games have horrid graphics and don't have 720p, 1080i or anything above 480p (which only a couple of games have), but you still see people with Wii games.

The people who play Wii games don't usually play games, hence why it's best selling game is WiiFit...

Also, good graphics doesn't always translate to having the most polys on screen. It's also about art design. Shadow of the Colossus, for example, has great graphics.

Graphics are absolutely a deciding factor, and you're lying if you say other wise. There are multiple deciding factors (gameplay, graphics), and if one fails, the whole game fails. Nobody is going to play a game with good mechanics if it looks like shit. At the same time, nobody is going to play a good looking game if it's boring to play.

It's ridiculous to argue that one is more important than the other, because they're both vital. In some cases we may over look one if the other is REALLY good, but over all, if one fails, the game fails. There are very few exceptions...

twelve

I'm not dead
Nobody is going to play a game with good mechanics if it looks like shit.

It's ridiculous to argue that one is more important than the other, because they're both vital. In some cases we may over look one if the other is REALLY good, but over all, if one fails, the game fails. There are very few exceptions...
WoW's graphics are crap in comparison to todays game but it still has over 10 million subscribers. I think that confirms that graphics are not all that important.

Chathurga

That's because WoW is barely a game. Blizzard could change all the models in the game to asses, literally 3D buttocks, and people would still play. People who go on WoW are always going to as they are driven by compulsion and the delusion of achievement. Just look at the newest add on pack, it offered more (maybe) in style but barely any substance but players still ate that shit up.
It's not a game, it's an addiction.

Joey

WoW's graphics are crap in comparison to todays game but it still has over 10 million subscribers. I think that confirms that graphics are not all that important.
It has a good art design...

Also, it's played by a lot of people who play no, or very few other games.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
The last game I bought was Super Smash Bros. Brawl which I bought on release day at Midnight... I'm not one to buy games often. I usually only buy games that will hold my interest for a few months. SSBB is one of those games.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Fallout 3 is the last game I got.
It's pretty fun, just been real busy these past couple of days to really play it.

twelve

I'm not dead
I don't have it yet but I'm getting Banjo Kazooie from my sister for xmas (my mum went and showed me the list I made with things crossed off :p). Also got Sonic Unleashed rented out from lovefilm after enjoying the demo.

Sinfulfate

Target was having a clearance sale on a bunch of games so I picked up Ratchet and Clank Future and Civilization Revolution for $15 a piece.

Adiuvo

Uncharted, the first Jak and Daxter, Jak II, ATV Offroad Fury II (freebie), and Jack X: Combat Racing.

I previously sold all of the Jak games when I took my PS2 back to Costco since they were part of the pack.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
My brother just got the new Prince of Persia, its pretty good. I still have a lot of games to buy yet though :(

eldiablov

Contributor
My brother just got the new Prince of Persia, its pretty good. I still have a lot of games to buy yet though :(

I cant believe you paid for that piece of crap. It has completely destroyed everything I liked about the series.

You cant die, pressing X will do pretty much any move you like which eliminates any difficulty or fun you would have had trying to get from one place to another.

When in fights with enemies theres no way to run etc, you HAVE to fight. That may seem acceptable to you but when you're getting hints EVERY SINGLE TIME you fight (this makes everything go in slow motion giving you time to press the button its telling you to) it becomes tiresome and feels more like a chore within your daily routine than an actual game.

Seriously, I hate that game. Ubisoft thought it would be fashionable to make a game with no learning curve, no difficulty, a shit story and wierd ass graphics. Every game past the warrior within has seen the series get progressively worse. I doubt it can get much worse than it is currently.

It also made me see just how corrut ign and gamespot are. They gave prince of persia a 9 and gave sonic unleashed a terrible score. I guess good reviews really do go the highest bidder.

Anyway, I got myself Little Big Planet for christmas along with resistance 2.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I cant believe you paid for that piece of crap. It has completely destroyed everything I liked about the series.

You cant die, pressing X will do pretty much any move you like which eliminates any difficulty or fun you would have had trying to get from one place to another.

When in fights with enemies theres no way to run etc, you HAVE to fight. That may seem acceptable to you but when you're getting hints EVERY SINGLE TIME you fight (this makes everything go in slow motion giving you time to press the button its telling you to) it becomes tiresome and feels more like a chore within your daily routine than an actual game.

Seriously, I hate that game. Ubisoft thought it would be fashionable to make a game with no learning curve, no difficulty, a shit story and wierd ass graphics. Every game past the warrior within has seen the series get progressively worse. I doubt it can get much worse than it is currently.

It also made me see just how corrut ign and gamespot are. They gave prince of persia a 9 and gave sonic unleashed a terrible score. I guess good reviews really do go the highest bidder.

Anyway, I got myself Little Big Planet for christmas along with resistance 2.

Well my brother got it not me lol, i just want resistance 2, mirrors edge, fallout3 and lbp.

First time i watched him play he was like "how the hell do i die?!" but anyway i started today morning and i rate it 7/10. He only bought it because he found it cheap around

Vee

EVERYONE AVOID MIRRORS EDGE.

I just rented it and finished it. Even though i'm a huge fan of the mechanics, you get so bored after the first few chapters and it doesn't keep innovating. Just the same shit over and over again.

Moose

Meta Moose
Completed GoW2 last week - great game.

Nearly finished the CoD: WaW campaign on the hardest but one difficulty. Not as hard as I thought it might be so I might replay it on Veteran.

EVERYONE AVOID MIRRORS EDGE.

Sir, yes, Sir...