• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What Web Browser Do You Use?

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Vanden said:
It had it way before firefox..
not on *nix

requires an extra item from the repositories. not sure about win/mac tho.

mohaas05

I switched to Opera now on my Linux box. Definitely less process-hungry than firefox. I also love the Speed Dial (Yes I know there is a FF addon for that but I like Opera's).

Adiuvo

Opera had issues with too many sites for me to use. Notably QJ when I still used it.

Seth

MD Party Room
EndUnknown said:
not on *nix

requires an extra item from the repositories. not sure about win/mac tho.
Kind of the same thing on Windows...

Firefox is only browser I can stand to use on Linux..

On mac I would never use Firefox,Tho camino and sunrise rock on osx..

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Vanden said:
same. it is also what i use on win, followed by opera, and then, if I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO, ie.

_Syn

On my Vista-enabled computer, I'm using Internet Explorer, since it isn't infested will all those pop-ups yet.

But on my XP-enabled computer, I've tried several, from IE, to Firefox, to Opera, to the current Google Chrome. I actually enjoyed FF for a while, but then it started to slow my computer down, I don't know if the 3.0 does that but, for now I'm on the Chrome. As -Alex- said, Google Chrome, simplicity at it's best. I just feel that it needs a few more features, and it'll be perfect.

Vanden said:
Kind of the same thing on Windows...

On mac I would never use Firefox,Tho camino and sunrise rock on osx..

Firefox 3 for OS X really picked up it's game. Thanks to cairo, the controls are native OS X widgets, so it's a bit more faster and better looking. Also, there are some themes that match Safari so well.

Seth

MD Party Room
O at work I locked down to IE 6.....Sp1....

It sucks...

abd I know it improved on mac....But I still cant stand to use it... camino still beat it..

Seth

MD Party Room
20080919_google_vs_microsoft.jpg

Slasher

Suck It
The only gripe I have about Chrome is that I can't figure out (to the best of my knowledge at least) the size of an image if I right click it...

ReneX

using firefox, but i also use chrome and safari

ReneX

wow never heard of camino before... it is good??

ReneX

mmmm nice but its only for mac :( ???

eighty4

Yup. Same wit Chrome - I would die for the Google made one to come to OSX, rather than having to run it through Wine or having to use Chronium.

Seth

MD Party Room
camino is great... My favorite browser on any OS.. It even has a pretty good adblocker built in...