• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What's in a name?

Seth

MD Party Room
Is Vanden a first or second name?

MY first name....Tho I did a google search and found many people have it as a middle name or something. It also a type of Jaguar and a high school....

I one time had a dream that I was driving the 2008 Jaguar Vanden to the Vanden High School while playing Vanden Plas music and I pulled up and everyone blamed me for the "Mr. Vanden MacAliste pepsi email scam.

It was crazy...

birdman

My name has been my nickname over the years, its what my friends call me. birdman came from my last name "bird"

then that no-talent ass clown rapper Birdman came around -_-
ive had people tell me i should change my name because of him and i always reply by saying "Why should i change my name, he is the one who sucks"

eighty4

My name has been my nickname over the years, its what my friends call me. birdman came from my last name "bird"

ive had people tell me i should change my name because of him and i always reply by saying "Why should i change my name, he is the one who sucks"

PLEASE tell me you aren't a rapper.

Colm

Eranmane.
I needed a name to use on NS. Hit some random buttons. Eranmane, shortened it Eran.
Anyway, I at one stage started using [XRE] as a clan tag on some games (wanted to form a clan but that sorta failed), so I turned [XRE]Eran into EXraRnE (which I hated, so I changed it to ExRarne). Thence, my PSN name

explosions

oh lawd. I think I know a relative of yours.

Additional Comment:
Axxewraith is another name for one of my guitars (Vintage Metalaxxe) and the Sir came from.. I don't know, in the MDPR somewhere.

magpie12

Pspunk

Star power and butt plugs
I started using the internet is 1999 on aol, I didn't really have an alias though until I bought a PSP in 2005. I was curious about hacking the psp even though noone heard of it in my school, so I searched PSP hacks and was introduced to qj. I had to think of an alias and I used the alias from another forum I went to shortly before joining QJ. At this forum I got banned then came back as "PSPunk" which was made off of the fact I liked punk music and my psp alot at the time. So I joined QJ under PSPunk, originally was gonna be PSP Punk but it was taken. Even though I no longer have a PSP I still keep the alias because it holds my entire gaming/internet history to it.(World of warcraft, runescape, xbl, qj, etc) For other names:
Inside early 2006 I discovered a band called "The Sounds", I was near-obsessed with them making up maybe 70% of my music for the 2 monthes after that, towards the end of this 2 monthes I joined Runescape and Pspunk was filtered(Spunk). I knew all the details about The Sounds so I put 101 after thesounds, Thesounds101.

3rd quarter of 2006 I got a launch day DSlite, selling my beloved PSP(which was stuck on 2.60 or 2.71 which couldn't be hacked or downgraded at the time) So I stopped visiting the PSP forum on QJ and changed my name to Dspunk for the next 2 monthes.(catchy)

Or STB. This name was an alias I created on noobz IRC to make a suggestion to some developer(dilew?) on there that actually ended up being a good idea and Fanjita sent me a thank you note after it was implemented into theyre next hack. I also used this to temporarily make people forget on QJ that I was Pspunk because I was constantly flamed there at the time, short lived though.

My favorite song by the sounds, also thought it was catchy, mostly only used while I was doing gfx design for Homer's Rin(GBC emulator, very popular in 2006)

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Hmm...

My username comes from an article I saw on IGN while looking for new things to do on my PSP that talked about homebrew. It mentioned the people doing it being "h4x0rs" and at the time I thought this was odd and had no idea what it meant. The article led me to pspupdates, where I decided to check out the forums. I lurked the forums for a few months without joining, and when I finally did I had trouble coming up with a nickname/alias, so I figured why not "pay homage" in a way to the article that led me to pspupdates. It was kind of a combination of remembering it and sarcastically being a "noob." I added '9' to the end because I was 9 when I got my first email account and I always add it to the end of usernames.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
If anyone ever played the first Ape Escape game, they'd know that Spike was the main character. Ever since I was a little kid, I was always nicknamed 'chimp' or something close to it paying homage to apes. All of a sudden, my older brother picked up Ape Escape for the PSOne and I just sort of fell in love with Spike. He was just cool. I loved catching the monkeys and having all of the cool gadgets. Speaking of gadgets, that helped in the name as well since he used tons of devices as I do also.

'021' comes from the days when my siblings and I built wooden cars out of slabs to race on a down-sloping track with friends. My sister actually chose for her car to be number 21 because my brother helped her to build her first car. So he took the number as well. Most people can probably agree that they copy their older siblings when they do something 'awesome,' so that's what I did.

I also used shadow021 during the Starcraft days (also used and still use spike021 for that) as a way to say that I was lurking in the shadows and to 'watch your back.'

There were some other lesser-known names, but they hold next to nothing in importance.

Adiuvo

Back when QJ was still a worthwhile place to be I liked helping out the PSP users. While doing this I went through a few names, but never liked them. Some guy whose username eludes me sent me a message saying I should change my name to Adiuvo, which he said roughly translates to 'I help' from Latin. I changed my name after I got that message, and it's just stuck.

Seth

MD Party Room
Good old TrumpeyGeek...

Adiuvo

To be honest, I forget I had that name. Though I do remember I posted a reason why on the old QJWiki. Wonder if anyone has a backup of that...

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
My original username for years was Billythekilly. This is because for some reason I was obsessed with the name billy (not my name), and I was trying to come up with a gamer tag incorporating. I wanted something catchy with a rhyme to it, and my friend suggested Billythekilly.

I later changed it to Teowulf after I read Beowulf a few years back and discovered that my name rhymed with the antagonist's name.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
My name came from a t-shirt. I really liked Halo at the time, and the shirt had Master Chief wearing a chef's hat and holding a spatula. That and I go to culinary school. The name stuck.

Previous names: salokin (my name backwards), UnderRed, -ReD-, Redinator, TheRedGuy

Whisper

Logic :(
It used to be reaperchad for the longest time. I believe it was first started when I was in second grade. I stuck with it. When I came to this forum I decided not to use such an outdated user name and came up with whisper.

It has nothing to do with the game fable in case you attributed that to my choice.