• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

WTF PSP Gran Turismo has cockpit view

Sliderkk

Wow, DarkGamer, this is defiantly a deal breaker for me!

madsoul

i lold

Eurogamer

info:
There's no career mode to speak of - just Single Race, Time Trial and Drift Trial options, for which you pick a car and a track and then have at it, without any structured progression or notable unlocks (apart from the option to choose from your own MP3s for the soundtrack, and making that an unlockable just feels cheeky). Instead you just bash away with no particular goal in mind besides accumulating credits to buy cars.

7/10

IGN

info:
I'm a huge, huge fan of the Gran Turismo franchise, so it pains me immeasurably to say that this is a greatly disappointing release. See those bullet points I listed above, what with the 800 cars and all? That's pretty much all you're getting with the game - cars and tracks. There's no proper career mode. There isn't a reason (or even ability) to buy a car and gradually upgrade it to compete in bigger and better events. It's just racing, and largely without a good reason for doing so, especially when you consider that the experience had to be boiled down to the PSP's hardware and control abilities.

Arstechnica

info:
The Good

* Absolutely stunning, 60FPS graphics
* The ability to listen to your own music will playing
* Wide variety of tracks and cars
* Detailed information and history of cars
* Races are simple to set up, can be finished in minutes, although longer tracks are available
* Strong multiplayer, with the ability to both share and trade cars with your friends
* Zippy loading times with installed to memory stick

The Bad

* No online infrastructure mode
* Cockpit view is just the black shape of the windshield
* Only four cars in races, in both single and multiplayer
* A small selection of cars available to buy at the dealership, making it hard to browse all the available vehicles
* No damage to the cars
* AI can feel rather artificial and sterile
* Finding your saved replays is a pain in the ass, there is no way to simply browse what you've saved; they're arranged by track

The Ugly

* People who traded in their PSP systems sheepishly buying another unit to play this

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Yep... The game pretty much sucks... xD