• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Xbox 360 DVD flashing guide

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
There is good money to be made flashing 360's, that's for damn sure. I have made several hundred dollars doing it in my spare time the past year or so.

I've been taking mail-ins of people's controllers lately too and painting them up. I posted a thread on a different forum and said I'd do the first 3 for free so people can judge how much they like them or not, so I haven't made any money off of it yet, but it's still fun. Just waiting on my new order of paint to get here.

I thinking about doing this to my arcade one since I have 2 xbox's but whats stopping this is

My internet :|

unless theirs a guide of how to backup copys for my benq drive. How easy is to hack benq anyways?

Cool...might do this today.

but anyways can use a xbox 360 drive to make backups? Does it work for all games like Halo 3, COD:4, COD:WaW and Gears of War 2?

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();

but anyways can use a xbox 360 drive to make backups? Does it work for all games like Halo 3, COD:4, COD:WaW and Gears of War 2?

Yup they all work, and you can back them up as long as you are able to hook the dvd drive up to you're computer. Or a kreon**(I forget how to spell it) dvd drive for you're pc.

Robby

Los Doyers!

If you flash your drive with the newest firmware (1.6), it has 0800 mode which lets you hook up your drive to your computer and you can rip the games directly. So you can rent a game, rip it, burn it and keep it.

Safe to get achievements on your online gamer tag while its offline?
Yes. If your copy is a good rip( Run the ISO through abgx) then its as safe as a retail game.

The only things to worry about is playing bad rips, and playing before release.
If you rip your own games then you don't have to worry about nothing. If you download games, just run them through abgx and if it passes, you're good.
Playing games before release is a caution that you should take, but I play games that get leaked before release and nothing has happened, but I would recommend not to.

Benq's are quite easy to flash. But they are all about the same now that you can just use JungleFlasher p

Thanks QuickJay I going to wait out couple weeks to get my other xbox out and do it.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM EST ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:09 PM EST ----------

Argh this textbook.pdf is so out of date.

So I put the latest ixDef.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\iPrep\Resources
I download both BenQ_iXtreme-THX_v1.6.rar and ix16_Benq_0800.rar
I plug my USB in.
Checkmark format and make bootable.
I went to the Benq iextreme on the middle and load ix16-benq.bin.
ERROR
capturepur.png

was I post to hook up my 360 drive?

twelve

I'm not dead
I'm unstickying this. It's horribly out of date and I just don't have the time (or knowledge anymore) to rewrite it.

Sorry.

If someone wants to write an up to date guide to replace it, it will be very welcome.

Robby

Los Doyers!
lol yeah dude just use jungleflasher.
It is a windows application, run it, read the drive, dump the key, spoof the key on the ixtreme firmware and then you just write it to the drive.
Very easy.

Jungle Flash is not working for me... Hell I'm Windows XP SP3 does not recognize it and already upgraded the drivers.

I hear couple of success over this board so its gotta be human error. Sounds like I might need somebody to do this. :(

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM EST ----------

w00t I got it!!!!! FINALLY it was fucking easy!

YouTube - XBOX 360 BENQ FLASHING TUT EASIEST ON YOUTUBE!

Now I'm a owner of a PSP CFW and xbox360 moded!!!!

Robby

Los Doyers!
Haha enjoy. Now you have to buy some DVD+r DL discs.
Verbatim are the best, you can get a 30 pack for 40 bucks I think it was. You can also use memorex which are $30 for a 50 pack but memorex only work good if you have a decent burner.

yeah I got 1 copy of Verbatim DVD+r DL and I screwed it up...probably long time ago. eh I thought it would still be good to format and put it back on the case. guess not. Now my Windows Recognize the drive so I know it flash very well and I got my backup org.bin and key.

I still be good to sign in and play regular games like it never happen? (I have no live...I just sign in)