• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Xbox 360 DVD flashing guide

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Noriko said:
If you can manage to get away without voiding your warranty then why not? It's okay to find a way around paying for games, but it's not okay to find away around buying a new 360 after your breaks. it's not like you caused the RROD. It takes less then a minute to do the blow dryer thing. If you're that impatient then there's a problem.
As for morals I have no qualms about tricking Microsoft. They can't even make a fucking quality system why should i feel sorry for them. If it didn't break all the goddamn time people wouldn't have to send it in.

Even though that trick isn't a surefire way to save your 360 from impending doom, cause if your console is banned you're still fucked. and Microsoft doesn't use those silver stickers anymore. they use...
[qimg]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.xbox360fanboy.com/media/2007/08/new360warrantysticker.jpg[/qimg]
Oh... Well older 360s still use the silver stickers and they still use the silver stickers for the older ones right?

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I opened up my new 360 only to find a Lite-On.
I've been looking around and found some sweet specs to completely build my own RS232. And since I go to an electronics school I can get all if not most of the parts for free.

I'll just have to play my games offline for a little longer

eighty4

I just followed the guide to open the 360 and took the outer white shell off. I just need a torx 10 screw and a SATA cable and will be in business. :D

eighty4

I just successfully flashed my drive but I ha to follow a different way of doing it. My drive was a 47, so I had to do Original Firmware Dump opposed to RAW Firmware Dump and when it came to the point where it was going to flash it - this screen.

78-5.jpg

I had to click the box below where it says "Use Classic Mode to Read Differences..." for it to actual say it detected my drive and flashed it.

On a related note, I will be acquiring CoD5 and L4D tonight or tomorrow. Whichever comes first. :D

Thanks ALOT for your help tweleve, without I wouldn't be playing Surf's Up. :D

twelve

I'm not dead
lol gamerscore whore. That was the best thing about having a modded console.

I just rent the games now, trouble is they sit gathering dust while I play all the decent games out at the moment.

eighty4

lol. My gamescore is ALOT less than most people's and I've had my 360 since launch. Not good.

Also, wanted to add that when you hit "Use Classic Mode..." you should be able to get a drop down set on "Internal Flasher" by default and that will make it say that your computer cannot connect to your 360 drive. I simply dropped it down and chose the 47flash.exe and it worked perfectly. :)

Really think you should add this, tweleve. ;)

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
god damn it! My modded xbox got an E64 error, adding onto the E74 error it already had, so its pretty much totally fucked now.

It loads the little intro video and then freezes then red rings

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
How could it? You think that by playing a game thats not out you get a red ring? My xbox has been fucked up since like july, and I modded it even though it was messed up. It was just for that one day that it had the disc drive problem

eighty4

How could it? You think that by playing a game thats not out you get a red ring? My xbox has been fucked up since like july, and I modded it even though it was messed up. It was just for that one day that it had the disc drive problem

Red ring? No. Errors on your console? Yes.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
i wonder if this will workon the new jasper models. Idont have a jasper model just wondering.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Just to say Phil, I recently flashed my BenQ drive using a VIA VT6421A I bought and using iPrep, however iPrep 008 and 007 did not work correctly, they prepared the destination but only came up with errors when trying to flash, then I tried iPrep 006.2, and it worked instantly.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
i wonder if this will workon the new jasper models. Idont have a jasper model just wondering.

Considering all Jaspers are going to have a Lite-On Drive from the factory its VERY unlikely.
c4eva "should" be releasing Lite-On FW before Christmas.