• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Xbox 360 DVD flashing guide

Noriyuke

Thanks for a plain easy to read and most importantly upto date!!! guide :D

Yo, this aint really up to date, mainly because i had a lot of hiccups with iprep 0.0.7.3 Beta and i went to their main site to try and solve some error codes and i found out that MTK flash has been thrown out by them on their latest version and i used Dosflash without even using the VIA chipset thing i bought off of newegg. Flashed it and backed it up without a hitch. Now i can play backups!

twelve

I'm not dead
I never claimed it to be up the most up to date guide. It is my guide of methods that have worked for me.

If you want to write your own guide with different methods you're more than welcome.

eighty4

I never claimed it to be up the most up to date guide. It is my guide of methods that have worked for me.

If you want to write your own guide with different methods you're more than welcome.

Then how will users know which one to follow? It'd be easier if this one guide was updated.

twelve

I'm not dead
Then how will users know which one to follow? It'd be easier if this one guide was updated.
If I update it then it will not be a guide of my methods which have worked for me. I have never claimed it to be the almighty gospel of 360 guides.

Actually here's an idea. Someone else write a fucking guide so I can delete this one and not listen to people whine about how it's "wrong".

Noriyuke

If I update it then it will not be a guide of my methods which have worked for me. I have never claimed it to be the almighty gospel of 360 guides.

Actually here's an idea. Someone else write a fucking guide so I can delete this one and not listen to people whine about how it's "wrong".

Chill out yo, im not really whining per say, im just saying, that the information you provided, although accurate from the time you'd flashed for 360 is slightly out of date. Is that necessarily your fault? i dont think so, youve been in this game longer than i have, when i did it my little bro's xbox360 it was the first time i ever did something like that. And i was having major headaches trying to follow the programs being recommended on the guides and stuff. Then out of anger i went to their main website, and im talking about iprep here, and they had an updated version that was a lot easier than the turn the xbox off and on type shit that the textbook has in its pages. Mind you im talking about the benq method.

But yeah, chill out yo... Update if you feel it needs to be updated and if youve had the opportunity to try these new mothods out, if not, well whatever, everyone that doesnt have one flashed is Shit Out of Luck.

eldiablov

Contributor
Look, for the last time. If you dont like twelve's guide go to google.co.uk, type textbook.pdf (should be first result) and read it.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Has anyone tried to use JungleFlasher to flash a BenQ?
I've got it to unlock, read Device ID, and Read, but after it saves the file I get a "Key not Found" error

Do I need the xtractor kit to use jungleflasher?
Edit:
I found the answers to my own questions
Answer 1), the BenQ drive I had was rare and needed to be done the old method
Answer 2) No, unless it's a lite-on (or something similar to to an xtractor kit)

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
I flashed 3 360s yesterday, and JungleFlasher is fucking awesome. I did an MS28 drive in about ten minutes counting disassembling it and everything. 2 BenQs were done without a hitch as well.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Liteons are actually really easy now because of JungleFlasher. It truly makes everything easier and faster. But if you run into the problem I had a few months ago (read post) dont use JF as it will brick your dvd drive. Its very rare, but it pays to know the old method as well

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you still need a way to get the drive key off of the Lite-Ons? so no soft method?

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you still need a way to get the drive key off of the Lite-Ons? so no soft method?
Technically it's still a hard-mod either way, but yes you still need to get the key for liteons.

But don't waste your money on an xtractor kit, or any other key reader thing.
You can do everything with a simple RS232 chip.
Or you can make your own RS232 which is what I did. I got all the parts from my school so it was free.
2la6g00.jpg

That's what I use for liteons.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I recommend anyone to get into the 360 flashing business.
Over the past 2 weeks I have flashed 8 xbox360's and sold 33 game backups for a total of $220.
That was the best 2 week span I have ever had. Been flashing 360s for almost 8 months now and made over $600 total.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I recommend anyone to get into the 360 flashing business.
Over the past 2 weeks I have flashed 8 xbox360's and sold 33 game backups for a total of $220.
That was the best 2 week span I have ever had. Been flashing 360s for almost 8 months now and made over $600 total.

How did you advertise yourself to get so many people coming to you?

Also, what is the easiest and cheapest way to mod Lite-ons?

twelve

I'm not dead
If you want to make serious money from flashing consoles then get yourself to Computer Conventions. That's the target market and they come straight to you.

Robby

Los Doyers!
How did you advertise yourself to get so many people coming to you?

Also, what is the easiest and cheapest way to mod Lite-ons?
I go to various 360 forums and just post in their buy/sell sections.
For me, I just got the xtractor with the spear. I got it when it first came out so it cost about $45

You know, with a job you'd probably make more than 600 in a span of 4 weeks.

Yeah I have a job but isn't 600 in 4 weeks kinda low? I earn almost 900 from a part-time. But I don't mind the extra money.