• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I saw this over at Major Nelson and wanted to pass it along for those who may be interested in getting their hands on the next dashboard update ahead of everyone else for testing purposes. They did this before the NXE and apparently are looking for thousands of users to try this one out.

Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program

I am happy to announce that we’re doing an Xbox 360 System Update Preview program for our next release, and the opportunity to sign up is now available. Much like we did last year, you’ll need to visit the Microsoft Connect site from this link and sign in with your Windows LIVE ID that is connected to your Xbox LIVE Gamertag.

Once you do that, you need to fill out the "Xbox LIVE Update Preview Sign Up" survey in order to be considered for receiving the Preview System Update. We're asking a few questions about where you live, your home network, ISP connection and a few other pieces of information. We are looking for a good cross-section of our members in order to get the best feedback we can.

The Xbox team will then review all of the applications and if you’re selected we’ll send you an email notifying you of your acceptance in the program. A couple of points before you head off to register:

* We’re looking for multiple thousands of participants, so your chances of making it in are good
* This opportunity is open to all Xbox LIVE Members in regions where Xbox LIVE is available.
* Just completing the survey does not automatically get you access to the Preview Program. We’ll be making final selections from the completed surveys and send you an email if you are selected.
* While both Xbox LIVE Gold and Silver members can sign up, Priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.

If you are accepted, you'll hear from us in about a week. Make sure your information on Connect is updated so we can email you if you are accepted. Also, I’ll be sure to updated/edit if the program fills up.

Good luck!

Go to his blog post for all of the appropriate links: Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program - Xbox Lives Major Nelson

If selected, you'll most likely be testing out the updated Netflix system and last.fm integration.

Joey

I saw this over at Major Nelson and wanted to pass it along for those who may be interested in getting their hands on the next dashboard update ahead of everyone else for testing purposes. They did this before the NXE and apparently are looking for thousands of users to try this one out.

Go to his blog post for all of the appropriate links: Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program - Xbox Lives Major Nelson

If selected, you'll most likely be testing out the updated Netflix system and last.fm integration.
From what I read, this update isn't supposed to include Last.fm, Twitter, or Facebook.

I don't know what this early access is supposed to include. The main parts of the update are just market things, like Games on Demand, which they obviously aren't going to release early for these people (although, that would be totally rad).

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The questionnaire asked about having a Netflix subscription when I signed up for it so it may be the new feature of managing your queue from the dashboard.

twelve

I'm not dead
I would sign up but oddly enough I don't carry my console around with me so don't have my serial or console ID's.

Not that I hold out much hope for any of the features like netflix to be in it over here. I wonder when Microsoft will realise there's a world outside of America that send them money every year for XBL subscriptions.

Joey

I would sign up but oddly enough I don't carry my console around with me so don't have my serial or console ID's.

Not that I hold out much hope for any of the features like netflix to be in it over here. I wonder when Microsoft will realise there's a world outside of America that send them money every year for XBL subscriptions.

I'm pretty sure Macca (from New Zealand) uses the Netflix stuff...

Although, Netflix doesn't send movies outside of the US, so I don't know how that works.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
It doesnt work for me, After I sign in it gets to a spinning green circle and stops

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I registered and was about to sign up until I saw I needed to give my serial and console ID >_>

If I wasn't previously banned (from modding) I would have gone through with it

James.

User Not Found
Major Nelson just tweeted that the emails will be sent out later today (Afternoon Pacific Time?)

James.

User Not Found
*sigh*
But I hope I get in.

I signed up with my primary email, not realising my xbl gamertag isn't linked to it, so I signed up again using the right email. I think I ruined my chances by doing that though. :(

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Preview on Connect!

Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to the 2009 Xbox LIVE Update Preview.
Welcome, and we are glad that you are on board!

When will you receive the update?
We are working on the final touches for the update. You will receive a notification by email when the update is available.

How long is the Preview?
The Preview will continue until the public release of the update.

Disclaimer
WARNING: Do NOT remove your hard drive and place it on another console!
This will cause non registered consoles to be unable to connect to Xbox LIVE until we release the update!

Features List
A list of new features for the Preview is available here: Features FAQ.

Contact Support/CSS Info
Xbox customer support will provide assistance to Preview users. When contacting support, please indicate that you are a Preview user. Support can be reached at Xbox NXE Hardware, Xbox LIVE, Games & Media Support | Xbox Support.

Correct your registered console ID
If you need to update your console ID for any reason, please do so by completing the following form: Correct your Cosnole ID

Forum access
If you are unable to access the Preview forums at Xbox.com | Xbox Forums, please complete the following form:

Woot?

James.

User Not Found
I got in too :)
If you haven't, check the Connect website because you may not have opt in to recieve emails from them.
Also, the update will be made available later on tonight (If you're in the US) But us brits will hopefully wake up to it :)

Source for time of release: Major Nelson's Twitter
ps Typing on psp ftl

Cryox

Bro.
I don't believe I received an email, but on my MS connect Dashboard page, it says the following:

Xbox LIVE Update Preview
New items: no new items
Programs
- Xbox LIVE Update Preview | Status: Participating ( quit )

I take it Participating means I'll get the update?