• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I didnt get the email but it says im participating on my connect dashboard..

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The Netflix update is great. I haven't tried the party viewing system yet, but having the ability to add movies and TV shows to your queue from the Dashboard is pretty nice. They have a New Release category for both movies and TV shows, as well as genre categories to select from.

I peeked into the avatar marketplace where you can buy props for your avatar and new items to wear. Nothing really new there except you now pay for stuff. Like if you go to the Halo: ODST part, you can buy a remote control Warthog that your avatar will use for 320 MS points. I think that was the most expensive thing I saw in there.

They also made a small update to your membership bar if you are a Gold member. They added some graphics to it to show how long you have been a member, etc. It's purely aesthetic, but it looks better than the old one.

The Party reconnect thing will be good to have to if you get dropped out.

I also liked the Indie Games section. It's almost like an App Store with the types of games that are being sold there for a few bucks, like there was one item called LED, that just turned your TV into an LED type display to say messages or something.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Hmm I just signed up today. Hopefully I can still get in.

Seth

MD Party Room
Dont feel so bad if you dont get a invite, you only have to wait less than 2 weeks to get the official update, comes out aug 11th.

James.

User Not Found
Also the feature I've been waiting for...

Eject Disc!

You can eject the tray when there's a disc in now :)
Press X to eject instead of A to play

twelve

I'm not dead
Also the feature I've been waiting for...

Eject Disc!

You can eject the tray when there's a disc in now :)
Press X to eject instead of A to play
:scared:

About fucking time.

I don't get why they don't look at other options for regions that don't get netflix. They could use Lovefilm in the UK for example.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
:scared:

About fucking time.

[HIGHLIGHT]I don't get why they don't look at other options for regions that don't get netflix. They could use Lovefilm in the UK for example.[/HIGHLIGHT]

Does Lovefilm offer digital viewing of their stuff? If not, that may be what's holding them back.

twelve

I'm not dead
They do...

But man, their website is shit. Makes it look like a third rate operation.
Yeah I agree, and they don't have a proper listing for rentals, you add films and assign high, medium or low priority and they send you whatever from the list is available. They're probably the largest online movie rental company in the UK though and afaik the only one that offers streaming, dvd, blurays, hd-dvd and games.

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
Cool, i got selected for the update, and It is pretty cool so far. However, the Games OnDemand won't be on the preview just yet, but they said it will be eventually.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Just got the update and I signed up about 2 days ago.
Its pretty nice so far, my dashboard is actually a bit faster now, not laggy.

Well didn't let my invite go for nothing so I change console ID for my brother. They sure did speed things up. cant wait for my xbox to come back

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
Just got a chance to update. Didn't get much time to check anything out (Rock Band 2 was on my mind). But I checked out the new Netflix and I'm extremely glad that they implemented the "add" function.
I use Netflix more than I actually do anything else.

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
a huge chunk of people (including myself) noticed issues with connections now. Everyone says that it's just the two versions having trouble being together, but that shouldn't last long since the full thing is coming out on the 15th :p

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm having no connection issues whatsoever.