• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

xgen and downgrading

elite

Oldie moldie
Is it possible to use xgen to install 5.02 ofw to the 3000?
Why would you downgrade from 5.03 CFW to 5.02 OFW?

To answer your question, simply no.

n00b81

Maybe he wants to use the GripShift exploit xD

Seriously speaking - I think you can just use the OFW 5.02 eboot and launch it from the chickHEN to downgrade. Again, never tried it myself, but it should work.

n00b81

*EDIT* - Hellcat and I were talking and he brought up a good point - the updater probably checks the fw version (actually now that I think about it... 99% sure it won't work. )

Theoretically, if you were able to obtain a NAND dump from a 3k of 5.02, and flash those files, it *may* work. But its risky. Long story short, I wouldn't try it :/

insane

100% You can't downgrade your PSP-3000. End of story.
Are you sure? Do you have proof? The xgen updater for 5.50 gen-D3, when run on a psp 3000 displays at the top of the main screen: model psp 3000(in comparison when I run key cleaner on my 3000 the program tells me my psp is a phat) and when I told it to flash ofw(to the 3000) it started the process but I removed the battery and came here to see what you guys thought first. So if any one knows why this wont work please explain.

n00b81

100% You can't downgrade your PSP-3000. End of story.

It *is* possible. It's just very risky, and would require a bit of work, that's all. Like I said, if you wrote (or used one already made) an app to write to NAND and you had all the system files from 5.02, I'm sure you could flash those. It's not like 5.02 would brick the console, the only reason why you wouldn't be able to install it from the ofw eboot is because the updater will check the PSP fw version. Now, if you tried to flash something like 3.50, then that would brick :p

Hellcat

Contributor
Highly risky, indeed.

Usually, replacing the index.dat gives you a total brick (RSOD, to be precice).
Fortunately it seems that the encryption of the file hasn't changed on such a small FW dif. like 5.02<->5.03, so the file replacement actually worked.

Very interesting, I will experiment a bit with that! :)

junya8971

Hmmm...very interesting turn out. Something I would never do unless I had a 3000 to waste. Great job to prove me wrong:p

insane

I put my psp2000 back to 5.50 gen d3 then used the index.dat(after renaming it to index_02g.dat) from 3.90 to downgrade to 5.00ofw. I even rebooted the psp and then ran the updater. flawless install. I would really like to try this from 6.10, since the kernal is supposed to be vastly different than past kernals. I have no way to get in the flash of 6.10 but I do have a mercury umd.

WalangAlam

DISCLAIMER: This is just a result of a test I did because I wanted to and could. So I did. I am not telling anyone to try this, in fact there really is no point in doing this unless you really, really like to play pong. Please don't brick your psp.

I just used the index_02g.dat from my 5.00 mms and put it in my 2000's(5.50 gen-d3) flash and it allowed me to run the 5.02 update and install 5.02. my psp 2000 just went from 5.50 gen-d3 to 5.02 ofw by using an official update. so if i use psar dumper to get the index_03g.dat from 5.00 then I should be able to downgrade my 3000. but is it possible to use xgen to downgrade a 3000?

Edit: I just downgraded my psp 3000 from 5.03 gen-c to 5.02 ofw(not with xgen). The cool thing is it kept my background, date and time, all my settings, and my games from the psn still work.

Thanks Raiden1996 for the info

so you were able to download 5.03 to 5.02 :w00t: could somebody try this method on ofw5.50 downgrading it to ofw5.03:scared::D

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

That exploit used in Mercury is patched pre 3.52.

:eek: so the ifhandle-exploit doesn't work on ofw5.50 anymore?:eek:

n00b81

so you were able to download 5.03 to 5.02 :w00t: could somebody try this method on ofw5.50 downgrading it to ofw5.03:scared::D

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

:eek: so the ifhandle-exploit doesn't work on ofw5.50 anymore?:eek:

Correct. Nice of the *people* who released it to follow through on that :p

Anyways, I'm glad Davee posted that ;)