• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

xgen and downgrading

WalangAlam

only kmode can access flash0? usermode can't?

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

I just want to say that for most people, downgrading a psp3000 or non Pandora-able 2000 is kinda pointless at this time.

pointless because there is no public kmode exploit? if I could downgrade a 5.50 to 5.03 then no need to make HEN.
how do you discover kmode? I read about people discovering usermode and know a little bit of the process but never read about kmode?

insane

only kmode can access flash0? usermode can't?

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

pointless because there is no public kmode exploit? if I could downgrade a 5.50 to 5.03 then no need to make HEN.
how do you discover kmode? I read about people discovering usermode and know a little bit of the process but never read about kmode?
You could compare it to windows with regards to system access like: Kmode=administrator privileges and usermode=normal privileges.

pointless because of the difficultly involved in downgrading ofw 6.00 and up. you cannot simply replace the index.dat on those firmwares. in theroy if kmode access was made available for 6.xx then you might be able to use the xgen updater to install 5.03 on TA-088v3's but not psp 3000's.

as far as finding a Kmode exploit, I'm not a dev, so don't get me lieing to you.

WalangAlam

You could compare it to windows with regards to system access like: Kmode=administrator privileges and usermode=normal privileges.

pointless because of the difficultly involved in downgrading ofw 6.00 and up. you cannot simply replace the index.dat on those firmwares. in theroy if kmode access was made available for 6.xx then you might be able to use the xgen updater to install 5.03 on TA-088v3's but not psp 3000's.

as far as finding a Kmode exploit, I'm not a dev, so don't get me lieing to you.

i have a basic idea about the difference between kmode and usermode but my question is which one can access flash0?

How about those with 5.50 and 5.55 are they easier? I got friends who have 5.50.

550 0B2B0BF0/0B2B11F0/0B2B1EF0
555u 0B2B0BF0/0B2B11F0/0B2B1EF0
600 0B2B0CF0/0B2B12F0/0B2B1FF0/0B2B1FF0
610 0B2B0CF0/0B2B12F0/0B2B1FF0/0B2B1FF0
620 0B2B0CF0/0B2B12F0/0B2B1FF0/0B2B1FF0

is this a big difference in 5.XX and 6.XX?

Bill

i have a basic idea about the difference between kmode and usermode but my question is which one can access flash0?

Only Kmode can directly access flash0. Umode cannot do anything without going through a grant/deny process.

I'm not entirely sure what the decision is based upon, or if that is entirely correct. Can a dev enlighten me?

WalangAlam

Only Kmode can directly access flash0. Umode cannot do anything without going through a grant/deny process.

I'm not entirely sure what the decision is based upon, or if that is entirely correct. Can a dev enlighten me?

i also suspect that only kmode can access flash0. We already have MOHH, pspjoke's, fyer's usermode exploits that can possibly access flash0 if it can. I just want for the devs to verify it and well learn a thing or two.

HacKmaN

#include
As far as know, user-mode exploits CAN dump files from flash0 but CANNOT flash files to flash0.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Bill

As far as know, user-mode exploits CAN dump files from flash0 but CANNOT flash files to flash0.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe there is a grant/deny process that umode must go through to access flash0 files.

coyotebean

Code:
typedef struct
{
    u32 tag; // 4 byte value at offset 0xD0 in the PRX file
    u8  *key; // 16 bytes keys
    u8 code; // code for scramble
} TAG_INFO2;

The "tag/key" is an index to a "16 bytes keys"
The purpose of the "16 bytes keys" & "code" is used to decode the header potion of the "~PSP" file. The final decryption of the complete file is done using the KIRK chip.