• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your favorite Final Fantasy?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Again the title says it all :p

Which is your favorite Final Fantasy game and why?

Mine would be Final Fantasy VI, the story was unrivaled, plus the replayabilty due to the number of playable characters was fantastic. Also the selection of Magic and Summons was off the chart.

A close second would be Final Fantasy VII, because I loved the storyline and the trials that Cloud went through...

Riorio99

I'm gonna have to straight up agree with you on Final Fantasy VI, the only one I ever managed to finish.
VII got tedious and I've only played I, IV and V a little bit, haven't tried any of the more recent ones, so I guess VI is my favourite.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
FFIX. Most beautifully developed FF for its time. It had the fantasy world aspects that Squaresoft started to lack after VII came out. Went back to basics and they nailed it with IX

Adiuvo

VIII. The story was fantastic and for the time the graphics were pretty good. It's still completely playable today, and still fun.

Ragnarok

VI.Story was fantastic .Graphics were excellent for the time it was released .And replayability was high.My most favourite game of all time

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Definitely FF VII. Loved the story and it was the first of its kind basically.

eighty4

I liked Crisis Core, tbh. It was almost like seeing what happened before 7 and how it all came to be. Was great to play.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I liked Crisis Core, tbh. It was almost like seeing what happened before 7 and how it all came to be. Was great to play.

I agree with you... Storywise Crisis Core is the best Squeenix has put out in the past few years, it almost made me remember the old square :w00t:

twelve

I'm not dead
VIII. The story was fantastic and for the time the graphics were pretty good. It's still completely playable today, and still fun.
Unless you want to play it on PSP.

But yeah VIII for me as well. Probably because it's the first one I played. But I've since played all of them except III and XI. VIII is still my favourite for the story, graphics and soundtrack. It was also the last in the series that gave you free for all on the characters, all of them could summon, use magic etc so it didn't matter who was in your party as they could all do whatever. Your party literally came down to who you wanted in it, not what each character could do.

I also love VII but it has aged horribly, probably the worst in the series in this respect (pixels age better than low detail polygon models). If they ever do a full blown HD remake I hope it's of VII because it's the one that needs it the most.

Scorned

FFIX. Most beautifully developed FF for its time. It had the fantasy world aspects that Squaresoft started to lack after VII came out. Went back to basics and they nailed it with IX

Damn straight. IX for me, although i really liked V as well, mainly because of the Job System.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
arg, i usually cringe at threads like this. But since it says Favorite instead of Best i'm not that angry lol..

I think my favorite is either VIII, IX, or II. I can't really decide I love them all

Scorned

How fun is II, because from the beginning it seemed like it had alot of potential, but then i kinda drifted away and never tried to get into it.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
How fun is II, because from the beginning it seemed like it had alot of potential, but then i kinda drifted away and never tried to get into it.
It is fun if you can get past how different the levels and stat building work compared to other ff games.
A lot of people actually dislike II. I like II because of the characters/story and the music. The gameplay I very much admit has it's own issues(especially with the way you level certain types of weapons and skills instead of a regular level)
Personally I find II a lot more fun to play than III(which by far is actually my least favorite of all FF games including spin offs)

Serideth

A hard one but I'll go with FFVIII because:

1) Graphics were great at the time and the FMV scenes were amazing.
2) Music was mind blowing "Eyes on Me" is a song I still have in my playlist.
3) You didn't have to grind in it, it was more relaxed.
4) It had a character I could relate to (Irvine).
5) Two separate adventures (Squall/Laguna) and the way they tied together was amazing.
6) I don't think of it as a game, I think of it as an amazing story, and that's what I feel RPGS should be.

Slasher

Suck It
My personal favourites are 7, 8, and 10.

Out of those, I'd probably go with 8 for all of the reasons Serideth mentioned above me. It felt like a more immersive experience compared to any of the other FF's.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I would have to say both IX and X. I just loved every aspect of those two and IX's cutscenes just blew me away when I first played it (and still does). I just loved every aspect of those two games and are on my top 10 game lists (VII was good but I'm not a huge fan)

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I liked tactics. but then again I liked most of the playstation FF games. I didn't like 9 when I played it but I can't remember why now, so it probably wasn't bad.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I liked tactics. but then again I liked most of the playstation FF games. I didn't like 9 when I played it but I can't remember why now, so it probably wasn't bad.

eh tactics. Tactics is failsauce. All tactical rpgs are failsauce.

Not many people played IX for some reason. I think when IX came out the PS2 hype so was crazy nobody cared, plus with the redesign of the fantasy RPG that Squaresoft did (characters being more human and having humanly acts and emotions i.e. cussing, looking like adults, being human, giving more geniune attitude) alot of people were thrown of when they added a more magical fantasy edge back into FF along with very childish looking characters.