• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Zx30's Photos.

Zx30

Beto
Additional image caught at the Zoo. This furry friend was the photo genetic animal I've been looking for all day! Thanks a bunch =]
6143250982_a2d272cd43_z.jpg

Zx30

Beto
Starting over with pictures. Got a long lens and have been getting more involved in nature photography once again. Hope I improve over the days and months to come. Here's a few with my new lens the first day.

6734897095_9bd95c9325_z.jpg

6734885071_9a18f85af7_z.jpg

So far really like the first one. I love the dramatic bright sun coming from the top right. I'm looking forward to continuing to shoot with this lens. My next projects are to try to get a bird in flight and maybe some pictures with dears. I'll see what happens in the days to come.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I like the first one too. How do you take a picture like that where the foreground and background are out of focus like that?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I like the first one too. How do you take a picture like that where the foreground and background are out of focus like that?

I'd assume use a lens with a specific focal point.

I really like the second photo, kinda weird how they all lined up like that.

Zx30

Beto

Menace Inc was on the right track. Basically, the Focal length and Aperture on the camera control how much of things are in focus in a certain area.
For instance on the first bird shot, I had the focal length to about 400mm(Very far) and then the smallest aperture I could get away with. The Aperture also helps with controlling how much is in focus.
Here's a picture explaining it sort of.
depth-of-field-mm-compariso.jpg

The more MM you are using(used to capture things closer that are far away), the more narrow the field of things in focus will be. The aperture also helps.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
very awesome zx, i don't know how common it is for so many seagulls to line up like that, but it's a pretty epic pic.

Zx30

Beto
New one. I'm rather fond of this one too...
6747737217_8ed3b9c66b_z.jpg

My brain keeps wanting to put a background in this shot like clouds or something. Everytime I do, I take it right back off and like the original so much better. I like the cleanliness of it and also the many shades of grey, white, and black. I may run a second edit on this after some sleep. I'm pretty tired...

Also, I think I'm starting to like black and white photography over color..

Zx30

Beto
Got a macro lens lately and I've been practicing with small critters. This is one of the first critters I found outside my house. He was close to my outside light and for the most part stayed still. He must have been more cold than afraid to not move for a while.
6988343061_a38beb9d90_z.jpg

6842559044_ff8ac665fb_z.jpg

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
@zx...fuck you...and ur spiders....*shivers*

but i like the water droplet.

your images always amaze me, you capture so much detail, it's just amazing.

Zx30

Beto
your images always amaze me, you capture so much detail, it's just amazing.

And also thank you for that comment. I always try to get things crystal clear =]

The world of macro is consuming me lately. I love be able to capture all the photos no more than a mile from my home. Before I used to have to drive miles to find certain birds, find certain landscapes, etc. Now, it's literally all in my front yard. It's amazing. It's even more amazing because I've never seen bugs in such close range and even better, I can easily control the lighting in every shot.

So far loving it. The only problem is finding time. Two jobs(sometimes 3 when I do a photoshoot) and college is a pain but also a blessing. Without all those jobs, I wouldn't be able to afford my shiny equipment. But with it, I can't use my shiny equipment hah.

Anywho, thanks a lot guys for all the comments. I'll keep posting when I get more shots I like...and I'll also try to hide the spiders for slicer <3