• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Zx30's Photos.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
It hasn't rained here in my city for a few weeks, perhaps even months, so I thought this was a nice way to celebrate the occasion of the coming of some rain. =]
leaf2.jpg
awesome picture mate, so much detail for such an up-close image.

karnbmx

ceebs. :)
These photos are SWEET! :D

btw, if you haven't answered already, what camera do you use?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
mg6431lq.jpg

My pet frog. Posing real nice for me today.
Wish the quality would come out nicer. It's so much damn sharper in Photoshop..
stop using jpg then, it is a lossy format(although i bet your camera probably only supports jpg image's?)

also, does anyone else feel like their being violated by that frog?

Zx30

Beto
6035914818_7c024c433f_z.jpg

Ok there, finally found a way to fix it. Uploaded it through Flicker as a TIF file instead. Apparently this file type does not lose quality like JPEG does. Although I already knew JPEG did that, your comment pushed me over the edge in finding a solution. Thanks bro :p

About the violated comment, I feel like this picture deserves a caption of some kind to compliment its....violated nature...

HerpDerp

Wubwubwub
Just gotta say... These are fucking amazing.

Zx30

Beto
Thanks Herp! I'm flattered <3

Also, here's my newest picture. I learned today in class what scanography is and decided to give it a shot. Scanography is when you use the scanner as the camera instead of..well..a camera. What do you think? =]

6098549473_89885f5cd0_z.jpg

That's me btw.

Adiuvo

That looks amazing. I've never seen that style of shot before.

Great job on all of these too. You really have a knack for photography.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Most photos taken with a scanner I've seen have been lewd. Looks interesting.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Thanks Herp! I'm flattered <3

Also, here's my newest picture. I learned today in class what scanography is and decided to give it a shot. Scanography is when you use the scanner as the camera instead of..well..a camera. What do you think? =]

6098549473_89885f5cd0_z.jpg

That's me btw.

how exactly were you using the scanner as an camera?, is that what the bars are being used for to hold open the scanner's door?

also, you pull off the prisoner look very well=-).

Zx30

Beto
I'll explain. I first scanned my face and it looked like this.
facescanned.jpg

After using the liquify tool a lot and then dodging and burning areas to simulate a light hitting me from the left. It looked like this(shadow added later after I came up with the plan to put me in bars)

facescane2.jpg

Then I just scanned an old wrench on my scanner and used that to simulate the bars. Pasted on Photoshop and tweaked.
After that, I added a my hand for a bit more dramatic effect in a separate scan, then tweaked.
Last step, I blurred both my hand and the bars to give the focus to my face.

Done! =D

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I'll explain. I first scanned my face and it looked like this.
facescanned.jpg

After using the liquify tool a lot and then dodging and burning areas to simulate a light hitting me from the left. It looked like this(shadow added later after I came up with the plan to put me in bars)

facescane2.jpg

Then I just scanned an old wrench on my scanner and used that to simulate the bars. Pasted on Photoshop and tweaked.
After that, I added a my hand for a bit more dramatic effect in a separate scan, then tweaked.
Last step, I blurred both my hand and the bars to give the focus to my face.

Done! =D

wow, that's quite a bit more work that went into this image than i had expected, you have quite an eye for this stuff zx, amazing work=-)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
That looks incredible, nice work!