• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Watchmen

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Just a heads up, theres a Telesync version of it out.

this is one of those movies that so much would be lost watching a blurry cam, as so much is hapening, and beautifully. most movies, you are good if you can distinguish the characters, because there are no small details really.

but thanks for the info.

Slasher

Suck It
I can't bring myself to even want to watch it. The trailers don't look very appealing.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm planning on watching it this week. It was sold out almost everywhere here last week.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I downloaded the copy that was available from TC. It's a pretty poor quality cam, not worth watching. (If anyone was curious.) I'll be going this weekend as well to see it.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
After I first saw the movie, I didn't think much of it. It was too long and the ending was boring. But then as I thought more about it, it became a little more appealing...Don't know why.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Finally got around to seeing this today. Jackie Earle Haley did a bang-up job playing Rorschach.

Agreed. I saw it on Friday (or was it Thursday, I forget) and was very impressed by the movie. I wasn't a fan of the trailers but was convinced by my brother to go. It's one of the few movies I've been to that I haven't looked at my watch much (only once). That means it was a little longer than expected but kept me occupied throughout (I think a few scenes could've been shortened or done away with to be honest though). All-in-all it was a very well done movie

I saw this last night. I can definitely see how its a hit or miss movie. It was very jumpy with zillions of flashbacks and such. It looked amazing though and the plot in all wasn't too bad.

It was very predictable also.

In all I think its worthy of me picking it up on blu ray in a couple of months.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think this was my favorite line of the movie after Rorschach got into prison.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me.

I think this was my favorite line of the movie after Rorschach got into prison.

Yeah that was a great line... He did a really good job playing Rorschach

I was just wondering. Whats Rorschach's "power".

Actually...

Whats anyone's power?

Like Night Owl... does he have super strength?

Adiuvo

Nobody has super powers except Dr. Manhattan. They're just really good at what they do.

I started reading the comic and am appreciating the movie alot more. I'll probably end up seeing it again after I finish.

Nobody has super powers except Dr. Manhattan. They're just really good at what they do.

I started reading the comic and am appreciating the movie alot more. I'll probably end up seeing it again after I finish.

That's what I thought... Thanks

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

That was the one thing killing me throughout the movie, they hinted that they were regular human beings but in the beginning the comedian showed a pretty good amount of strength which lead me to believe they had some kind of powers (that and the smart guy)

That was the one thing killing me throughout the movie, they hinted that they were regular human beings but in the beginning the comedian showed a pretty good amount of strength which lead me to believe they had some kind of powers (that and the smart guy)

Yeah its like... idk they make it seem like everyone has powers, but they don't and idk.

And in that case. I think they are all stupid for dressing up in costumes.
Even tho that is one of the plot points in the movie.

twelve

I'm not dead
Since when has being strong meant you have super powers?

They're costumed heroes, not super heroes. It's pointed out so many times.

The only one who has powers is the one who isn't a costumed hero, Dr Manhattan, unless you consider his birthday suit as a costume.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Since when has being strong meant you have super powers?

They're costumed heroes, not super heroes. It's pointed out so many times.

The only one who has powers is the one who isn't a costumed hero, Dr Manhattan, unless you consider his birthday suit as a costume.

Being able to punch through a bricked wall (think it was brick), throw a guy through a window and catch a bullet...yeah, totally doable

Adiuvo

Being able to punch through a bricked wall (think it was brick), throw a guy through a window and catch a bullet...yeah, totally doable

[BLACKOUT]People can catch bullets with their teeth, so catching a bullet with your hand might be possible. I've also seen videos of people punching through brick, ableit not without injuries.[/BLACKOUT]

twelve

I'm not dead
It was a stud wall, you can tell by how it split when his hand went through. Unless you're referring to the chimney breast, which was brick. May not be doable to you or I but to someone strong, who's on an adrenaline rush, very doable.

The window was plate glass, it's even mentioned in the film. If it had been double glazing (or laminated like car windows) then it would have been more impressive seeing as the vacuum in double glazing gives it a huge amount of strength. Try using a hammer on a double glazed window to see how strong it is (protip the corners are weak points ;)). I know in the film they said it's plate glass as if that makes it really strong but really it isn't.

Catching a bullet I'll agree as not doable. I'm sure it's possible to hone your reactions until you can get your hand in the way but the bullet would still rip through your palm.
I'm not gonna go back and forwards on this like we usually do when we disagree. I'll just say I didn't think there was anything super about them but I had read the book before hand (which is probably why).