• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

FreePlay

If you think any nation on this planet has a chance of invading us, you clearly underestimate our military capabilities.

FreePlay said:
If you think any nation on this planet has a chance of invading us, you clearly underestimate our military capabilities.

How about Russia?

Slasher

Suck It
How about Russia?

No. Any country would be crazy to invade the US. Don't forget you guys spend over 50% of the entire world's spendings on your Defence budget (I believe it's over 1 trillion annually). Most countries wouldn't even make it to the border if they tried.

Most countries are in relatively good relations with the US anyways, so the probability of this happening is next to nill.

No. Any country would be crazy to invade the US. Don't forget you guys spend over 50% of the entire world's spendings on your Defence budget (I believe it's over 1 trillion annually). Most countries wouldn't even make it to the border if they tried.

Most countries are in relatively good relations with the US anyways, so the probability of this happening is next to nill.

Yeah, you guys have got a huge military-industrial complex, you need military strength otherwise your country collapses. Although I don't know whether the phrase good relations with the US is entirely accurate. Dependent might be a better word to use.

I am personally opposed to any form of firearm being kept in homes because they aren't necessary.

Triklops

With all due respect, the only country with the capability and the balls to "invade" the US was the Soviet Union and its no longer there so yes, even though Russia still has the strike force to reckon with and so does China, neither would be stupid enough to invade US and start a third World War. Each and every war the US has fought till date has been started by the US anyways (and I do mean each and every war, if you didn't know certain facts you might just point out the Pearl Harbor incident as an exception).
As for good relations with the US, that depends entirely on the US which country the US wants to have a good relation with when its foreign interests are involved and that changes from time to time. For instance, from my Indian perspective, India has been pleading to the US for decades to help stop that terrorist breeding ground called Pakistan, a country which has continually invested on cross-border as well as international terrorism but the US kept on turning a deaf ear and even provided military and financial aid to Pakistan most of which were used against India (and also to fund the terrorist training camps), just to be able to use Pakistani lands in the war against the Taliban, the very Taliban whom the Pakistanis consider to be a strategic asset against India. It wasn't until the 26th November attacks on Mumbai in which many American citizens were killed that the US administration started taking the matter seriously that too not before Pakistan was overrun by its own strategic asset the Talibans making US realize the inevitable truth.
My apologies for telling you all these but it was merely on a need to know basis and you need to know the truth. :)

Coming back to the topic, I dunno but I always liked Charlton Heston and was really sad to see how he was berated for his involvement with the National Rifle Association even though back in the 60's he was one of the handful of actors to speak openly against racism and was an active supporter of the Civil Rights Movement. I'm no pacifist but when you hate someone who is hateful, you lose the right to judge him because you are equally guilty of the same offense.
Finally, I have always believed in the saying Guns don't kill people, people kill people.Take away the guns and they'll be at it with knives and scissors, take away the knives and they'll be at it with fists and nails. Excelsior!:)

Yes but it's a lot easier to shoot somebody than it is to stab them. People with guns can pull the trigger quickly without thinking. It's not needed. The Second Ammendment is only required if people use it.

And the US will fall, it won't be long. Their economy is unsustainable. Who needs military strength when the US will destroy itself?

Triklops

And the US will fall, it won't be long. Their economy is unsustainable. Who needs military strength when the US will destroy itself?

Especially if some stupid Alaskan cheerleader isn't able to keep her mouth shut.:huh:
ddnyv5.jpg
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQatAMpa9R8[/YT]

dubmonkey

Yes but it's a lot easier to shoot somebody than it is to stab them. People with guns can pull the trigger quickly without thinking. It's not needed. The Second Ammendment is only required if people use it.
ah, but when you're killing zombies, what will you do when you run out of bullets??? lol just kidding... on to more serious discussion...

as an american i agree, our economy is f-cked and the govt's plans to keep "bailing" out failing big businesses is only going to contribute to the fall of the nation.

besides, why bother attacking the US? america trains people to do that so other nations don't have to bother (ahem, bin laden???)