• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
There's probably a good chance that either it's a fake or you just have a broken stick, if it won't format on either.

Wally_Peanuts

i have a fake 4gb. where did you buy it? i think i read somewhere that 80% of the pro duos on ebay are fakes. i havent had any probs with mine though, and i know for a fact its a fake. if you cant format it on your psp, or you pc. id almost say its toast, but wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in.

Judas

Complete Noob...but learning

OK folks, I don't want to be flamed for asking dumbass questions...so...basically I got my first PSP yesterday with the sole intention to watch movies and play "free" games while on the bus to work.

I am familiar with iso's, bittorrent sites, firmware etc, however so that I dont screw up my PSP after a day of purchase I want to get this right first time and not end up with a "Brick".

I've trawled through tons of forums and know that DarkAlex has the 3.40OE and working on 3.50OE. His website also has the flash program and I believe the 1.5 (proof of concept)?

Now I found this tread and the instructions seem simple to upgrade to 3.40OE..:confused1:
My PSP came with 3.4, and also has the IC1003 inside the UMD. So...does this mean;
  • I have to Downgrade to TA082?
  • Can I flash to 3.4OE?
  • If all I have to do is flash to 3.4OE, will I then be able to use Homebrew apps such as DevHook(?) in order to use iso files from my MemStick?
  • Can I run iso files without a disk in the UMD?

This tread looks like it is providing solutions to noobs...so really appreciate some sage advise! :biggrin:

Thanks in advance!

Jaynb

What it means is that you are stuck on official firmware 3.40 and cannot use OE firmware until someone can crack 3.40 and make a downgrader, which looks unlikely to happen any time soon, if at all!

Cheezeball99

Well, sorry to break it to you, but you are screwed, my friend. You have to downgrade to 1.5 before you upgrade to an OE version of a firmware, and you cannot do that on any official firmware above 3.03. I would suggest trying to trade the PSP with someone or with a business that would have FW 3.03 or lower. Also, we don't support piracy.

Judas

Bugger...

...thats what I was dreading...bugger! Well I'm taking my PSP back...dont want it now, but learned alot!

Thanks for your sage advice guys!

CYA

Pantysniffer

Judas,
I realise you've probably kicked the owning-a-PSP-experience in the ass already, due to your unfortunate experience, and that you'll probably not read this, but you can buy PSPs wherein they're specifically sold by what firmware they have. That's how I got mine, from a charming man (I presume) in Hong Kong, by looking on eBay.

'What it means is that you are stuck on official firmware 3.40 and cannot use OE firmware until someone can crack 3.40 and make a downgrader, which looks unlikely to happen any time soon, if at all!'

I'm not sure if it was intended, but that came over as quite harsh. You know, 'Hahahahah! You're screwed! Neener-neener-neener!'
Funny shit.

Judas

It just so happens....

...I've kind of decided that I still want a PSP, so I have been scanning good ole EBay, and found what I need ie PSP with 3.03OE or more firmware already setup with homebrew. :biggrin:

Gonna see how my bidding goes....

BTW...no offence taken to the comments...I prefer honest and to the point! :laugh:

Pantysniffer

Good luck with that - download yourself a copy of BayGenie to help your chances.
Incidentally, I was talking about brand-spanking-new PSPs with, say, 1.50 firewares. That's what mine was. Sure, somebody'd downgraded it from 2.71, I assume (it's a ta-082 motherboard), but other than that it hadn't been used and for all intents and purposes it was, and still is, in perfect condition.

dream

Currently at 3.10OE-A' and wondering if i could just straight away update to 3.40OE-A ?

Thanks!

Krelian

The same path.

Currently at 3.10OE-A' and wondering if i could just straight away update to 3.40OE-A ?
Thanks!

You can go from one OE firmware to another OE without any problem.
Follow the instructions just the same using the GAME150 folder instead of the GAME folder.

Cheezeball99

Nope, you're trying to go from offical 3.30 to 3.30OE, which is impossible, sorry, if you have any official firmware over v3.03 then you're screwed, man, sorry to break it to ya, because you have to downgrade to v1.50 to go to any OE version, which there's no way to downgrade anything over v3.03. Also, please don't double-post.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yes... please help me also, I am trying to update to 3.30 OE-A (from 3.30), but the result is "The game could not be started (8002014C)"

You can't downgrade 3.30 yet.

But I recommend waiting a couple days, something nice is planned to be released soon xD

Cheezeball99

But I recommend waiting a couple days, something nice is planned to be released soon xD

:eek:hmy: Oh really?

Jaynb

I'm not sure if it was intended, but that came over as quite harsh. You know, 'Hahahahah! You're screwed! Neener-neener-neener!'
Funny shit.

Sorry, I didnt mean to offend anyone, but i see what u mean when i read it back! Its harsh that he got a 3.40 PSP, I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

Sounds good. like it might help a lot of very patient people!!! :biggrin:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

dream

Noted. Thanks Krelian.

Cheers.