• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.50 Downgrade Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
UPDATE: programs wont work, it give you an error!! "The Game could not be started 80020321"

1. Goto Recovery Menu (turn off then hold R and turn on)
2. Configuration -> Use NO-UMD (Disable it)
3. Go all the way back to main menu
4. Advanced -> Advanced Configuration -> (Disable all of them)

i tired this and it still dont work

Programs, as in homebrew? You need to place the folder containing an EBOOT.PBP in GAME150

For example... let's say you are installing an NES emulator. The folder path would be like this:

X:/PSP/GAME150/NES

The folder NES would contain the files necessary to run the program (EBOOT.PBP, etc)

banner

Thank you very much Cheezeball99 and x3sphere its nice to know you 2 work for Nintendo. :w00t:

As for my lastest error "The Game could not be started 80020321" the solution is simple. PUT BACK IN LUMINES OR A UMD!!

banner

Programs, as in homebrew? You need to place the folder containing an EBOOT.PBP in GAME150

For example... let's say you are installing an NES emulator. The folder path would be like this:

The folder NES would contain the files necessary to run the program (EBOOT.PBP, etc)

no, not a homebrew :wink: you know what i mean by "PROGRAM" :biggrin:

any way to make it work without a UMD?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
No, you have to have a UMD for almost all stuff to work, and it has to be a game UMD. Plus, if you're referring to what I think you're referring to, we don't support piracy. sorry- If you were referring to something else I apologize, but I'm pretty sure you were.

Death_Pigeon

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
Hey is there a large or small risk of bricking your psp.
I go to boot lumines and it doesn't go black then light blue it just makes a new save file I got my lumines in Australia don't know whether you need a certain version of lumines but it doesn't have a patch update on it help much apprecited.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey is there a large or small risk of bricking your psp.
I go to boot lumines and it doesn't go black then light blue it just makes a new save file I got my lumines in Australia don't know whether you need a certain version of lumines but it doesn't have a patch update on it help much apprecited.

so the game just started as normal? system information still says 3.50 and not 3.50 HEN?

maybe the Australian version has a different Save ID. can you list the folder names of any Lumines saves in X:/PSP/SAVEDATA ?

If it has a different Save ID then it is definitely not compatible.

Death_Pigeon

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
Nvm i forgot to take it out of the Mp_root folderrand place it in PSP
But it went to a blaack screen i know its still working because the sound is on any help.

EDIT: Sry went throught forums all you had to do was press the back screen light button.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nvm i forgot to take it out of the Mp_root folderrand place it in PSP
But it went to a blaack screen i know its still working because the sound is on any help

well it should return back to the XMB if successful.

edit: ok.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have added pictures to the guide. Hope that makes things more clear if you were originally having trouble.

Cheezeball99

Nice, x3sphere, ANYONE could follow this guide now.:biggrin:

Roe

OMG banner try not to SIXTRUPLE(xD) post man just edit the one before it.

banner

OMG banner try not to SIXTRUPLE(xD) post man just edit the one before it.

hey, at least its up to date :biggrin: plus me, x3 and cheezyhead all post at once so theyre not in the correct order

BTW: the first picture of the Downgrading Instructions is very helpful. Thats where Death_Pigeon and I got confused. When he says "contents on the folder" he mean "contents in the folder" which is only the "PSP" folder.

`Rage`

Hm... Just a few questions.

My PSP is the first model, got it right when PSP's came out a few years ago, would there be any problem downgrading with the motherboard that's in it now?

And also, is there a great chance of bricking? Cause my warranty is definitely up.

Thanks.

Cheezeball99

Hm... Just a few questions.

My PSP is the first model, got it right when PSP's came out a few years ago, would there be any problem downgrading with the motherboard that's in it now?

And also, is there a great chance of bricking? Cause my warranty is definitely up.

Thanks.

You don't have to worry about your MoBo, all models work. But the bricking- there's ALWAYS a chance of bricking, but that chance is probably somewhere around .001%.

banner

Im trying to run SNES Emulator, right now i have this after copying the emulator over to my psp folder
x:/PSP/GAME150/snes9xTYL

Where do i put the .smc file? Do i create a new folder inside snes9xTYL and name it "SNES"?