• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.50 Downgrade Guide

banner

Oh yay, i got it!! it auto loads Lumines when its done restarting. I then exit Lumines and check what version i have and it says (not with a voice, of course) System Version 1.50, but now i have a MAC address which i didnt have before. why?

and its has the purple theme, because of the month.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Very good, once it's done and you press X to restart it you should be running 1.5! Congrats!

Can't answer about the MAC Address, I dunno. Now you can upgrade to 3.40OE-A, guide HERE, and welcome to the world of PSP homebrew.:smile:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Oh yay, i got it!! it auto loads Lumines when its done restarting. I then exit Lumines and check what version i have and it says (not with a voice, of course) System Version 1.50, but now i have a MAC address which i didnt have before. why?

and its has the purple theme, because of the month.

Yes, you've downgraded :) That's normal, the MAC address is displayed in firmware 1.5.

Cheezeball99

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Cheezeball99

Yes, the custom firmware works with ISO and CSO files.

banner

Dont you guys think its easier for noobz (< get it??) like me to downgrade with one easy folder?

Let's say if you take out the PSP folder in Downgrader350 (after extracted) and put in the UPDATE.php within that folder to PSP/GAME/UPDATE and zip it up as one file. It'll be easier.

My steps if it was like that

1. Extract "PSP.zip"
2. copy and overwrite the first PSP folder in your memory stick
3. Load Lumines, click start and it will go back to the main psp menu
4. Restart your PSP
5. check version, it should be 3.50 HEN
6. Go to the game menu, hit Update X.YZ
7. Hit "X" to flash
8. press "Start" when it says "Start"

:smile:

Cheezeball99

No, because the file is being distributed as it was intended by the Noobz team, plus in your 'noob' instructions you said nothing about actually picking the Update X.YZ.

banner

oh..i forgot. It wasnt an official guide and im also trying to figure out the 3.40 OE-A installion. Im lost after step 3.

Go over there and help me out if i run into any noob problems, will ya.

banner

WOW, thats about 60 pages long!! ill try my best to get through it. So far i have a "Corrupted Data" above "3.40 OE-A Update Maker" after i copy the 2 .PBP over.

banner

I followed all you direction and every time i go to my memory sick on my psp.I see 2 corrupted data and the 3.40oea update make and firmware installer. every time i click on the update maker my screen goes black and nothing happens and it eventually turns off. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

i have the same problem as this guy

sounds like a memory stick problem. first I would try formatting the memory stick (on the PSP) then copy the files back over and see if it works.

if that still doesn't work try a different memory stick.

nope not memory card problems to me, mine is brand new fresh out of the box.

banner

Okay for you noobz out there. The whole point of the 3.40 OE-A Install Guide is that each installation has 2 folders the first is "oeupdmaker" and the second is "340oeflasher" [their second folder is the same name but with %]. You need to install oeupdmaker first before you began to install 340oeflasher because by installing oeupdmaker 3.40 (OE-A Update Maker) it creates a file that 340oeflasher (3.40 OE-A Firmware Install) needs to work.

And i had a porblem with installing 3.40 OE-A. when it restarts it goes to a weird mulit-language screen; i just hit the O botton and it shuts down, after that i turned it on and it went to default mode.......after configuring my settings, i check what firmware..then BOOM 3.40 OE-A!!

banner

Okay ive tried my best to help the future noobz out there, which there's going to be a whole lot of because of Lumines. So Admit and Cheezeball yall can rest.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Congrats :) Nice to hear that 3.40 OE-A is now installed.

Cheezeball99

Indeed, congrats. Sorry I didn't help ya for the last hour or so, I had to run an errand. Glad to see you worked yourself through it, though.:smile:

banner

UPDATE: programs wont work, it give you an error!! "The Game could not be started 80020321"

1. Goto Recovery Menu (turn off then hold R and turn on)
2. Configuration -> Use NO-UMD (Disable it)
3. Go all the way back to main menu
4. Advanced -> Advanced Configuration -> (Disable all of them)

i tired this and it still dont work